Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Ultima Interior Guard Plus

Ultima Car Care products are held in high esteem for their ease of use and amazing performance. It is hard to find any product line that features products that are as easy to use and get as many favorable reviews, but what about all-in-one interior protectant, Ultima Interior Guard PLUS? As Ultima says, is it Clearly Different?

Ultima Interior Guard Plus comes as a mini-kit enclosed in a plastic tube. Remove the top lid to remove the contents. Included is a bottle the Ultima Interior Guard PLUS bottle with included pump-sprayer and dual-foam comfort grip foam applicator.

The directions are clearly labeled on the back.

Copy from back label:

Ultima Interior Guard PLUS uses superior science and technology to coat, seal and protect every finish in your fine automobile. This clear sealant dries completely and will not leave a greasy, slippery film that attracts dust. Instead, fabrics, leather and vinyl all take on the tactile feel of fine cashmere. You will glide in and out of your leather seating and feel a new comfort that`s silky smooth but not slippery. The sealant protection lasts for moths and requires only a damp cloth to clean and maintain.

Directions (label copy):

Surfaces to be treated must be clean and dry before treatment. On all leather, vinyl, plastic and wood trim surface, mist one or two shots of Ultima Interior Guard PLUS onto the soft "applicator" side of teh Ultima Interior Sponge and wipe on the finish. Work in well and apply evenly. All to dry for 3-5 minutes, then buff with a clean, dry microfiber towel. On cloth, mist the surface and work in thoroughly with Ultima Interior sponge. Allow to dry one hour before use.

The subject for this test is a Ferrari F430 Spider. The soft, delicate leather and diverse other surfaces that include carbon fiber, vinyl, stitching, soft rubber coatings, plastic, and metal make the Ferrari the ideal candidate to test Ultima`s claim as this being the only interior protectant you need. Ferrari`s are blessed with high-quality, soft-touch materials, so this would also test whether Ultima Interior Guard PLUS could really improve the tactile feel of these products.

All of the interior surfaces had been cleaned with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel just prior to use. http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ampoo-gel.html

With the interior cleaned, I simply followed Ultima`s directions for application to a T. Ultima`s reputation has been built on easy-to-use (perhaps the easiest to use) products, so the application was simple.

First, mist one to two pumps on the red "soft" side of the applicator.

Ultima Interior Guard PLUS spreads very easily and leaves a noticeable sheen when first applied (which begins to dry shortly after application).
    I wish I could present an more in depth application guide for this product, but it is that simple when applying to all surfaces (except fabric). Mist on and spread evenly.

The sheen fades considerably after the first minute. Here is the finish 3 minutes after application.

After 3-5 minutes buff off any high spots. I used a Miracle Towel.

Feel:

Ultima Interior Guard PLUS definitely adds a soft "cashmere" like feel to all of the surfaces it is applied too. It is a subtle yet noticeable difference. It definitely improved upon the glove-soft leather of a Ferrari, you can only imagine what it would do to surfaces.

Visual Finish:

When Ultima Interior Guard PLUS is first applied there is a slight sheen that quickly fades. Ultima IGP is an interior sealant (using polymer technology) and it`s application is very similar to Ultima Paint Guard PLUS. Wipe-on, walk-away, buff any high spots if necessary. After the sheen fades (quickly) the surface`s are slightly richer in appearance. You can see if you missed a spot. Despite the richer (improved) appearance there is no increase in sheen (natural look).

Conclusion:

Ultima Interior Guard PLUS is clearly different. Unlike a lot of interior protectants that are dressings, Ultima Interior Guard PLUS is like a paint sealant for your interior. As a bonus, it is not just any paint sealant, it very much like Ultima Paint Guard PLUS in application. Simply mist on, spread, and walk away. It ultimately leaves a rich, satin finish that looks so good. It leaves the surfaces with a unique finish that increases the quality of their feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Ultima Interior Guard Plus

Ive seen many raving posts on this product!

About how much product did you use to do the entire interior Todd?

This is a protectant and not any kind of conditoner , correct? Would you want to use a conditioner first on leather ?

More for new vehicle use than older car/abused interior?

Did you apply in on the steering wheel also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Question if I was going to use that as a leather treatment for my leather. How does it compare to products made just for leather?

Post Thanks / Like

Love UIGP. I must add it works great on carpets and fabric seats. They stay clean much longer and when the time comes to clean such surfaces, they clean up much easier.
    Nice review, Todd!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this for the first time about a week ago. I was expecting it to be somewhat shinny but after it dries and buffed it leaves a very pleasing satin look.

Ultima Interior Guard Plus is for the most part scent free which is great for those that don`t care for an additional fragrance in their vehicle.

I don`t think there`s one product offered by Ultima that I haven`t found exceptional in quality and performance....

Nice writeup Todd.....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, it is a nice product, I really like the feel that it leaves behind, I often find myself rubbing my door and shifter after apply it!

How are you guys using it on carpet and seats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    Nice review, it is a nice product, I really like the feel that it leaves behind, I often find myself rubbing my door and shifter after apply it!

How are you guys using it on carpet and seats?
    I spray on an applicator and work in. Kinda gotta trust yourself and the product as you can`t really see it going on to these surfaces. I usually give the applicator a feel and if no product transfers onto my finger then it`s time to add more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Ive seen many raving posts on this product!

About how much product did you use to do the entire interior Todd?

This is a protectant and not any kind of conditoner , correct? Would you want to use a conditioner first on leather ?

More for new vehicle use than older car/abused interior?

Did you apply in on the steering wheel also?
    Hi DC.

I used perhaps 1/4 ounce (guessing). Not very much at all. It literally spreads as thin as their paint sealant.

It is a protectant, if the leather was old or weathered you may consider Leatherique first.

Yes I applied it to the steering wheel. It dries completely with no greasy feel.

Quote Originally Posted by blk5.0 View Post
    Question if I was going to use that as a leather treatment for my leather. How does it compare to products made just for leather?
    In terms of look, feel, and application, just as good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Hi DC.

I used perhaps 1/4 ounce (guessing). Not very much at all. It literally spreads as thin as their paint sealant.

It is a protectant, if the leather was old or weathered you may consider Leatherique first.

Yes I applied it to the steering wheel. It dries completely with no greasy feel.

Thanks Todd.I have a customer with 2 new cars that would love this .Sounds like theres plenty even in the 4 ounce to do both interiors.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used UIGP yesterday. I am impressed. It really did leave that cashmere feel as Todd said. The final look is nice and it used almost nothing to do the entire interior plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I just used UIGP yesterday. I am impressed. It really did leave that cashmere feel as Todd said. The final look is nice and it used almost nothing to do the entire interior plastics.
    Yes very little goes a very long way. Its a phenomenal product!

Post Thanks / Like

Love the product as with almost all Utima products. Definitely my favorite interior protectant. On some leathers it allows you to slide around more, but never feels or looks greasy.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to use this product yesterday.

I liked it and my customer was happy also. He didnt want any change in appearance or feel on his leather.

Even though the directions are simple enough it doesnt come with any! So at the last minute I was scrambing on the PC trying to find/remember directions.incuding this thread this is what I found.......

Must be perfectly clean and dry.
    Use a couple sprays at a time on red side of applicator.
    Spread evenly.
    Buff off with MF towel after 3-5 minutes .
    Let dry for one hour before use.

One thing I wasnt sure about was its applicater for the next time if its
    necessary to clean it? I just put it back in its plastic container damp with product. I hope that is ok ,because I left it with me customer since he paid for it. Wasnt that nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Yes very little goes a very long way. Its a phenomenal product!
    Agree with that. I`ve also tried and loved Adams leather cleaner but after using the Ultima, I sent what was left in the bottle to my brother whose a major Adams fanboy. The Ultima product seems less "caustic" and yet has amazing cleaning properties-every bit as good as the Adams and maybe better. Like Bobby said, I`ve yet to try something from the Ultima lineup that wasn`t truly great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Agree with that. I`ve also tried and loved Adams leather cleaner but after using the Ultima, I sent what was left in the bottle to my brother whose a major Adams fanboy. The Ultima product seems less "caustic" and yet has amazing cleaning properties-every bit as good as the Adams and maybe better. Like Bobby said, I`ve yet to try something from the Ultima lineup that wasn`t truly great.
    I agree 100%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information