Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel

Ultima Car Care products are held in high esteem for their ease of use and amazing performance. It is hard to find any product line that features products that are as easy to use and get as many favorable reviews, but what about their interior cleanser, Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel? As Ultima says, is it Clearly Different?

Copy from back label:

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel gently cleans all interior surfaces without harmful effects. Until now, it was necessary to use various cleaners to shampoo cloth, leather, vinyl and plastic. Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel uses unique cleaning technology, not harsh detergents, to loosen and dissolve all manner of soil so that it can be safely wiped away. Your vehicle`s interior emerges clean, fresh and ready for protection.

Directions (label copy):

Remove all loose dirty by vacuuming. For best results, apply Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel using a foam applicator. On leather, vinyl and plastic, apply Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel to the applicator sponge and work on a small area at a time. The rich cleaning formula will soften soil so it can be gently wiped away with a clean microfiber detailing towel. Wipe away excess cleaner before it dries. On cloth, spray directly on the fabric and wipe with a damp, white cloth. Stubborn stains may require agitation with a soft brush. Rinsing with water is not necessary. All to dry completely before applying Ultima Interior Guard Plus.

The first step is to remove all loose soiling by vacuuming thoroughly. Luckily the Ferrari`s interior wasn`t too bad and the Metro Vac N` Blow quickly handled any debris.

Here is a picture of the seat bolster before. As with any tan seat, it is hard to judge the amount of soiling until a spot has been cleaned. Ferrari`s are known for having a delicate leather (very thinly coated) so this will test how gentle the cleaning agents in Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel truly are.

As instructed, I misted Interior Shampoo Gel over on a foam applicator and gently spread it over the area. Using slight pressure I worked the Shampoo Gel into a slight lather.

Then I wiped away any residue with a Mango Breeze Microfiber Towel before the product dried. The thick gel formula has a long dwell time and does not evaporate quickly, so I had plenty of time to remove it.

The results where immediately apparent. Best of all the leather felt soft to the touch, not dry.

Human oils had turned this steering wheel into a shiny mess.

I cleaned the left hand side of the wheel with Ultima Shampoo Gel to see how quickly and effectively it would work against the heavy oil build up (that can damage leather over time).

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel quickly handled the oils and grease leaving the left hand side of the steering wheel with a natural, barely satin finish, and soft supple feel. It was really impressive how quickly it removed the offending oils with very little effort.

Conclusion:

The interior of the Ferrari has many delicate surfaces: thinly coated leather, rubberized trim that is famous for being sensitive to chemical exposure, and fine stitching. It also has an adornment of carbon fiber (clear coated) trim and metal badges. I used Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel (advertised as the cleaner for all interior surfaces) on each of them and was extremely impressed with the cleaning action. It has a very "fresh" clean scent that compliments its performance completely.

In truth, I went home and cleaned my interior the same night, using this product, which to me says more words than I could write.

Here is a picture of the Ferrari F430`s interior after being cleaned with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel (and protected with Ultima Interior Guard Plus- review coming soon!).

Thank you for reading.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is my favorite interior cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, your killing me here.... I am working on my own set of reviews for the entire Ultima line.

Oh Ya, Nice review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is my favorite interior cleaner.
    After using it I would be inclined to agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Todd !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Awesome review Todd !!!
    Thanks Pat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    After using it I would be inclined to agree.
    still the case or does BF interior cleaner take the cake?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Leather Master with good results, but based on your review and my experience with Ultima Interior Guard Plus, I will definitely give this a try.

Thanks Todd!

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a bottle of this and will give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the review and recommendation!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmichael258 View Post
    I have been using Leather Master with good results, but based on your review and my experience with Ultima Interior Guard Plus, I will definitely give this a try.

Thanks Todd!
    I was wondering that, for my own use. Leather Master or Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel for cleaning fine leather.

Thanks Todd for complicating the decision-making process! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to get it a try myself. Came out really good for a little bit of effort

Thread Information