Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Wet Diamond Depth Question

I`m a bit curious as to what most of you who have used BF Wet Diamond will say on the subject.

As most know, Wet Diamond is my favorite LSP and everytime I use it, I am amazed at the shine, and depth that I think it gives my cars.

I know the consensus says that sealants often lack the depth of a carnauba and I wanted to know what Wet Diamond users think about the issue. I have Midnight Sun, which I still have not tried but for those who have, have you found it increases the depth or wetness or both?

For those who have used Wet Diamond vs. other carnauba waxes, can you compare your thoughts on the look?

I`ve got a few carnauba`s at home waiting to be tried (Midnight Sun & S100) but I have a feeling I won`t be able to see a difference. That doesn`t mean there isn`t one, just that I can`t see it. Maybe those with a better eye than me can tell me what to look for.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Midnight Sun for the first time on my heavily metallic silver truck and I can say that midnight sun definitely did add a bit of "depth". You could describe it as the clear looking "thicker". It does take away a bit of the slickness that Wet Diamond leaves, but also leaves behind a finish you can FEEL is there. Its been about 3 weeks since Ive applied two coats of BFWD and a coat of Midnight Sun with no washes as of yet, outside 24/7, driven in the rain and in the FL sun and midnight sun is STILL beading STRONG!
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you get depth out of Wet Diamond? Here it is applied on a SILVER color. 2 coats...is there some depth there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Chapman for the win!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    sweet!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t wait to try this out on my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    i love the stuff... so much so that i tried to convince a bunch of zainophiles that i had found something better...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have everything from Pinnacle Souveran, all of the Meguiar`s line up, Dodo Juice, etc.... and Wet Diamond BY FAR exceeds anything I have ever used. Bottom line, for the money you WILL NOT find anything better! Silver is one of the hardest colors to get reflections and depth out of(just my opinion), and from the pictures above, you can clearly see Wet Diamond delivers. For $30, you will fall in love :drool5:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick
    Would you recommend the Wet Diamond over all else for gloss on bright red ?
    Paul S

And the shine on that street rod is SICK . The owner must have been extremely happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    I have everything from Pinnacle Souveran, all of the Meguiar`s line up, Dodo Juice, etc.... and Wet Diamond BY FAR exceeds anything I have ever used. Bottom line, for the money you WILL NOT find anything better! Silver is one of the hardest colors to get reflections and depth out of(just my opinion), and from the pictures above, you can clearly see Wet Diamond delivers. For $30, you will fall in love :drool5:
    Now that is a hell of an endorsement from one of the top quality detailers in the country. That means that 4 of Autoweek`s top 8 (9) prefer Blackfire Wet Diamond as their top sealant of choice, and at least a 5th uses it on occasion. And at least 5 top detailers who where not (but should have) been mentioned prefer it as well: Eddie Fiuza, David Fermani, Bob Willis, Ryan Blanchette, Nick Chapman) as well as certain prodigies .

To my knowledge there has never been a product that has been such widely praised by such a huge number of the best detailers in the country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you get depth out of Wet Diamond? Here it is applied on a SILVER color. 2 coats...is there some depth there?

Was there anything else applied before the WD. I have never seen silver look that wet!!!!!!

I can only dream of my silver 330xi looking that good. Can`t wait to try it out for myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick, amongst all of your AMAZING work, that might just be the best. Well done.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Nick, amongst all of your AMAZING work, that might just be the best. Well done.
    Man, it`s comments like that, that make me want to do better

Thank you sir! But in all honesty, I really didn`t do much except hold the machine. Products and tools did all the work

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Nick
    Would you recommend the Wet Diamond over all else for gloss on bright red ?
    Paul S

And the shine on that street rod is SICK . The owner must have been extremely happy.
    Silver-Wet Diamond
    Green-Wet Diamond
    Black-Wet Diamond
    Orange-Wet Diamond
    Purple-Wet Diamond
    Blue-Wet Diamond
    White-Wet Diamond

But not for red. Sorry

j/k
    Red-Wet Diamond :notworthy:

Post Thanks / Like
    But in all honesty, I really didn`t do much except hold the machine. Products and tools did all the work
    I respectfully submit, you sir, are full of crap!

I`m pretty sure you could get concours results on a beat Checker Marathon with a tub of kit, a drill buff and an old snotrag or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information