Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

idetailedacamaro

In honor of our good friend at dental school.

Been away from the forum for a while but busier than normal detailing cars. (As it should be.) Lots of light details and have only pulled out the RUPES a couple of times this year. Did on this one.

A coworker`s 2011 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Camaro SS. Was in very good shape with light swirling.

Naturally, I started with a most excellent shave.

Pre: Nozxema Classic Clean
    Soap: The Body Shop Maca Root
    Brush: Omega 10048
    Razor: 2x WTG Muhle R41 Head/Utopia handle + XTG/ATG Merkur 41c
    Blade: GSB (3)

Then, on to the car. My standard decon (wheels with Muc Off Performance, tips with P21S Polishing soap + bug sponge, foamed with CG CW + OPC, washed with CG CWC and "clayed" with Magna Hi-Tech clay substitute sponge).

Hard paint, this one. Needed RUPES + Optimum Cutting MF + Megs M100 to remove the light swirls. Fortunately, the resulting finish was outstanding. 2 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal to protect it.

Interior was a simple vacuum + Megs QID wipe down. A little razor blade work on old VA licensing.

Tires dressed with Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel.

Sorry, no befores - was already getting hot. Here are the afters.

The newest member of the family supervised.

Thanks for viewing. Questions welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: idetailedacamaro

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    In honor of our good friend at dental school.

Been away from the forum for a while but busier than normal detailing cars. (As it should be.) Lots of light details and have only pulled out the RUPES a couple of times this year. Did on this one.

A coworker`s 2011 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Camaro SS. Was in very good shape with light swirling.

Then, on to the car. My standard decon (wheels with Muc Off Performance, tips with P21S Polishing soap + bug sponge, foamed with CG CW + OPC, washed with CG CWC and "clayed" with Magna Hi-Tech clay substitute sponge).

Hard paint, this one. Needed RUPES + Optimum Cutting MF + Megs M100 to remove the light swirls. Fortunately, the resulting finish was outstanding. 2 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal to protect it.

Interior was a simple vacuum + Megs QID wipe down. A little razor blade work on old VA licensing.

Tires dressed with Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel.

Sorry, no befores - was already getting hot. Here are the afters.

The newest member of the family supervised.

Thanks for viewing. Questions welcome.
    What`s precious puppy`s name? ☺️😀😃😄

Post Thanks / Like

Mango. Named by the previous owner. Otherwise, I would have probably gone with "Todd Helme" or "Blackfire".

Post Thanks / Like

The looks great. The puppy is way too cute. I have cats bigger than your puppy. The name is perfect

Post Thanks / Like

Catchy title! The shaving kit is on vinyl record cleaner?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The shaving kit is on vinyl record cleaner?
    I do a daily SOTD (Shave of the Day) pic for the FB Shaving Group, The Big Shave. Finding new/interesting settings is a challenge. And, like this thread, I like to combine my hobbies.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to admire a man that appreciates good shaving gear. Most men just don`t have time for it. You`re probably very DETAIL oriented. I don`t mean to mess up a good detailing post but have to jump in when there`s good shaving equipment involved. Mr. Clean`s been about the only member that talks shave stuff with me.

I have several Muhle`s, including the one you have pictured, great razor. I also have a handful of different Mekur`s. If you want a suggestion on a nice Mekur take a look at their 43C. It`s a heavy stainless steel razor that is quite remarkable, one of their hidden gems that doesn`t get a lot of press. The modified Progress known as the Mergress, is also worth a look if you haven`t already.

I`ve tried my hand at making my own pre-shave oils. I`ve experimented with a number of formulas over several years now and have a recipe that works very well. You`ll have to ask Mr. Clean how these work. He`s tried one rendition of this mix.

You`ve got some nice stuff in this picture. Nothing like a great shave.

By the way nice vinyl washer.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Mike. I missed seeing your work
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Got to admire a man that appreciates good shaving gear. Most men just don`t have time for it. You`re probably very DETAIL oriented. I don`t mean to mess up a good detailing post but have to jump in when there`s good shaving equipment involved. Mr. Clean`s been about the only member that talks shave stuff with me.

I have several Muhle`s, including the one you have pictured, great razor. I also have a handful of different Mekur`s. If you want a suggestion on a nice Mekur take a look at their 43C. It`s a heavy stainless steel razor that is quite remarkable, one of their hidden gems that doesn`t get a lot of press. The modified Progress known as the Mergress, is also worth a look if you haven`t already.

I`ve tried my hand at making my own pre-shave oils. I`ve experimented with a number of formulas over several years now and have a recipe that works very well. You`ll have to ask Mr. Clean how these work. He`s tried one rendition of this mix.

You`ve got some nice stuff in this picture. Nothing like a great shave.

By the way nice vinyl washer.
    Is it possible to hijack my own thread?

I know it would be hard for any AutopiaForums member to imagine, but I have been suffering from all of the ADs (Acquisition Disorders) associated with shaving: Razor (RAD), Shaving Brush (SBAD), Shaving Soap (SSAD), Blade (RBAD), etc. I have Muhle R89 & R41; Merkur 37c, 38c, 41c & Progress Long Handle; iKon OSS, Deluxe Open Comb & Standard; Above the Tie (all); Weber Polished Head; and Standard Razors Raw. (Waiting for the release of the new iKon Slants and AtT Colossus.) A couple of dozen brushes, tons of soap/cream, 1000+ blades, and on and on.... I`ve tried my hand at pre-shave oils, too.

Will say it turned a chore into something I look forward to every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pat.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to hijack my own thread?

I know it would be hard for any AutopiaForums member to imagine, but I have been suffering from all of the ADs (Acquisition Disorders) associated with shaving: Razor (RAD), Shaving Brush (SBAD), Shaving Soap (SSAD), Blade (RBAD), etc. I have Muhle R89 & R41; Merkur 37c, 38c, 41c & Progress Long Handle; iKon OSS, Deluxe Open Comb & Standard; Above the Tie (all); Weber Polished Head; and Standard Razors Raw. (Waiting for the release of the new iKon Slants and AtT Colossus.) A couple of dozen brushes, tons of soap/cream, 1000+ blades, and on and on.... I`ve tried my hand at pre-shave oils, too.

Will say it turned a chore into something I look forward to every day.
    I`m thinking your shaving drawers and bathroom cupboards look much like mine. Still got a couple of bottles of the original Blue Floid left and a Black Widow tonearm on an old Yamaha table. I`ll need to get your recipe for your shave oil.

Shaving Forums are not unlike Detailing Forums. More opinions than you can shake a stick at.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Probably should have used this one for this crowd.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh yes, Van Der Hagen (VDH) soap and Shark blades (do you like them?).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Ahh yes, Van Der Hagen (VDH) soap and Shark blades (do you like them?).
    vdH is local for me - just up the road in Liberty Hill. I like Shark SCs but don`t get as many shaves per blade as others like 7 O`Clock Yellow or Black or Astra SPs.

Post Thanks / Like

vdH is local for me - just up the road in Liberty Hill. I like Shark SCs but don`t get as many shaves per blade as others like 7 O`Clock Yellow or Black or Astra SPs.
    I have the same impression with Shark blades. Just gave my son 50 Astra`s and some Razor Rock for his birthday. He`s younger/ish but appreciates old school. I keep coming back to Israeli Persona`s (Red`s) or Crystal Super Plus for my go to blades. They`re relatively inexpensive, predictable great shave with a Mergress and good for about 3 shaves.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information