Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Washed, Blackfire polish, Blackfire protection and Z2. Wow - looks superb. <whew>

The Blackfire even seemed to speed up the drying time on the Zaino. ZBx?

Detailking ya gotta try this out on your propeller!
    2002 ABP @

* debadged 3.2TLType-S and A C U R A

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with experimenting like that. That`s how we learn what we can do and what we shouldn`t do. However, how can you say that the Blackfire can speed up the drying time of Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don - I cannot say for sure, but since it was only 40 degrees I expected a long wait. By the time I finished the putting on the Z2 the hood was already dry and I buffed that off (could not wait -- I was understandably nervous about this experiment).

The Z came off Zaino easy and looking Zaino good, but that nice deep color from the Blackfire was shining through.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow at work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did it actually look different after the Zaino? Or is it possible that the Zaino just failed to bond and the shine you are seeing is still just the Blackfire??? If it did bond, it would also be interesting to know the durability factor.....

H

Post Thanks / Like
    bigboy YEAH BABY, it looked different... AWESOME! It lloked good when I finished with the Blackfire, but the Zaino added some pizazz IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s kind of what I was wondering as well. I was curious as to whether the Zaino actually bonded onto the Blackfire surface. At any rate, this is good experimenting.

What could also be done is to apply the Zaino to say half the hood and not apply anything over the other half of the hood that has Blackfire on it. This could lend itself to a bit more info. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated above, great job experimenting with BLACKFIRE!! I tried to bring the subject up before but got a very lukewarm response at most. I would love to see testing with half panel of each product with constant lighting and a tripod, but will take any testing results happily!

I won`t be getting blackfire until spring at least in this harsh San Diego winter but I will do a number of tests when I get it, including bonding over/under KSG and adherence to PPCL alone. Keep the inquisitive testing coming! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    jps -- Very Well Done for experimenting. Yes, we know a lot here. And, yes, we have rejected a lot of false ideas and bad products, no matter how popular. BUT, we don`t know it all, or at least I certainly don`t, and progress can always be made. Part of the way to make progress is to try new things.

Z over BF -- What a great experiment. I would be interested in what would happen if you layed down the BF, then did Z1 then Z2. The Z2 is supposed to need the Z1 for bonding purposes. But, then again, if you encountered no problems in that area, so be it. I think a key test will be to see how long the enhanced shine lasts.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about BF over Z?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have never thunk it.

Get some pics up! PLEASE....

Post Thanks / Like
    If you beleive what the marketing people say about each product

I would think that you may want to use Zaino as the first coat and BlackFire as the topper.

Zaino = Klasse and BF = Carnauba topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK! Not the best photo`s but its my first time shooting...

http://www.photoalley.com/pa/albumsF...AB80B3754D0000

Post Thanks / Like
    This might make sense, particularly if the BF does not need a base coat for bonding purposes. I presume we are talking about using the BF final coat, the actual sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

The finishing ability of Meguiar`s M105: Ferrari Scuderia and Bentley Flying Spur

First up is the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, this one being my 7th Scud but my first in Black Metallic.

In my original discussions with Kevin Brown he always championed the use of M105 as a finishing polish when used properly. This one was polished with M105 with a 5.5 inch Cyan H20 pad then finished with M105 and a 5.5 inch Crimson H20 pad. The paint wasn`t in that pad of condition to begin with so it fairly easy to correct, with only faint holograms and isolated spots of deeper swirls.

Process:

Wash with Optimum Car Soap, including the wheels and tires.
    Spot treat bugs and tar with Optimum Power Clean.
    Clay with Meguiar`s Blue Professional Clay.
    Polish with Meguiar`s M105 UCC with a Shurhold Polisher and a 5.5 inch Cyan cutting pad.
    Reduce residual polish with G110v2 armed with a 5.5 inch Crimson finishing pad on speed 4.
    2 coats of Blackfire Midnight Sun b#24.
    Optimum Tire Shine on tires
    Meguiar`s Hyperdressing on wheel arches.
    Optimum Metal Polish and 0000 on exhaust tips.
    Polish all carbon fiber (interior, engine, and rocker panels) with Meguiar`s D151 PRC with a 4 inch Meguiar`s Yellow Softbuff 2.0 pad
    Clean weather stripping and trim with Optimum Power Clean and condition with Wurth`s rubber stick.

Total time was a hair under 11 hours.

Second one up was a Bentley Flying Spur in Sapphire Blue Metallic. The front end had really bad (and deep!) buffer trails and deep wool pad marring. The interior at little rough as well, as this 4 door yacht had a high for a Bentley 35,000 miles.

Wash with Optimum Car Soap
    Spot treat bugs and tar with Optimum Power Clean.
    Wheels and tires with Optimum Power Clean and Wheel Woolies
    Clay with Meguiar`s Blue Professional Clay.
    Polish with Meguiar`s M105 UCC on the Makita with a Meguiar`s So1o Yellow Wool pad
    Reduce residual polish with Meguiar`s M105 UCC with a Shurhold Polisher and a 5.5 inch Cyan cutting pad.
    Reduce residual polish with G110v2 armed with a 5.5 inch Crimson finishing pad on speed 4.
    Autoglym Hi Gloss Protection for two coats
    Optimum Tire Shine on tires
    Meguiar`s Hyperdressing on wheel arches.
    Optimum Metal Polish and 0000 on exhaust tips.
    Clean leather with Optimum Power Clean and dress with Optimum Leather Protectant
    Clean weather stripping and trim with Optimum Power Clean and condition with Wurth`s rubber stick.
    Autoglym Super Resin Polish on interior wood paneling.

Total Time: 17 hours

After M105 and a Cyan pad (slight micromarring)

After M105 and a Crimson pad (perfect)

The grill was heavily water stained. Optimum Metal polish and the small Wheel Woolie made semi quick work (about an hour) of it.

Slowly but surely...

Finally...

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive work there Todd. I would expect nothing less from you.

The cars look great. I do have one question though. When using 105 with a cayan pad, do you use much downward pressure? I have found that whenever I use a cayan pad and 105 using the KBM, that my pads get chewed up. What are your thoughts?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information