Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting ready for the Blackfire Treatment on my car so I started looking for the items that I would need. I went to Von`s and got me the Original Blue Ultra Dawn and I started looking for the right Bon Ami (Original). Since I can`t find the Original Bon Ami ( always found the one that warns against using for Glass/mirror) at Vons, I went to other stores ( Raleys, Smiths, Rite Aid etc. ) to check. I always found the Blue colored Original Ultra Dawn on all the stores until I got to WalGreens and I found a regular Original Dawn. So which one is the Real Dawn to use ?? BTW, I am still searching for the Original Bon Ami for my windshield. Maybe I`ll check Albertson`s or Longs Drug Store tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    The NEW ultra dawn is an improvement on the orginal blue dawn. It cleans faster and is more powerful.

To be safe go ahead and buy the orginal dawn (frost blue) for what $2? Then use the clear/translucent ultra dawn for the dishes.

Or you can bring along a little sample bottle and siphon 2-4 oz to wash your car once ands thats then end of it. J/K!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    prsonaly i wouldnt use dawn at all. Use clay, pre-cleaner, ABC instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    i know you were just kiddin...no future grunt/jarhead could have those values... ...........or take Brad up on it...just follow that awesome thread he did....Brad...now you love that ABC huh.....i think alotof pople are as scared of that stuff as they are wet-sanding their paint.....but both you and DavidB made both alot easier with those instructions/advice you both gave...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with using Dawn once a year. This issue has been killed to death. So if you do decide to use it, just stay with the Original Dawn. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, i agree with you, once a year isnt going to harm your paint, i just prefer to use other methods....thats all....

Post Thanks / Like
    Floni, Yes I have some of those things we call "values" I do not lie, cheat, or steal. I will always conduct myself to bring credit to my family, country, and the corps of cadets....blah....blah..blah...

I think this has been beaten to death as Don stated. Once a year ok. I personally don`t use dawn but I have a bottle handy just in case.

I still need to give the ABC a test drive. Next Spring I`ll get the ABC on a cqr and test it.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Lady in Red.....Ferrari California , paint correction

Brand new car , but with defects from factory ... Haze! BIG TIME!
    At first look the car finish looks "perfect", but is not.
    Mission: Focus on Paint, remove haze and light swirls , random scratches and deep scratches.
    the car is a daily driver!

Car got a good jet of water to remove any loose dirt from it, after that the wheels got some foam action , i use a solution with dawn , apc+ and hyper car soap for foam to remove all the previous wax from the paint.
    the wheel walls got some brush action and was dress with 303 protectant. the weels got optimum car wax.

Foam Action

The car got dry with blower , 20 minutes

after dry , i tape most of the panels lines and rubber trims, also the hood, mirrors and front 1/4 panels was clear bra , so got tape too.

i pull the car inside and use Led lights , halogen and Camera Flash to see the defects , I WAS SCARED! is like a horror movie on such car.

The first thing i did was to remove 2 scratches from the rear panel , i use some meguiar`s 105 on a microfiber towel and i rub it by hand till disappear and i fallow with dual action polisher with polish pad and meguiar`s 205

Next step was some random scratches on driver door where i use Meguiar`s 105 and polish pad fallow by meguiar`s 205 on polish pad
    all with dual action polisher.here is the before/after pic

everything else got 1 or 2 passes with meguiar`s 205 on polish pad.

When done with polishing i remove all the tape clean windows , and i apply protection: 2 coats of blackfire done with microfiber applicator.
    Clear bra got clean with plexus , and as protection opti-seal , also all the lights got opti-seal.
    Here are the AFTERS , with some sun shots too

ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Job! :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work! Hard to believe that car was new and had that much hazing!ut: Looks great now... excellent job.:biggrin:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gawd those things are gorgeous! Nice work Cos and perfect sunlight to show it off!

Post Thanks / Like
    The car looks great. Awesome job my man!!!:clap:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Thread Information