Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Premium Detailed. Lots of randomness.

Here are a few vehicles I have worked on lately. I decided to just compose one thread based on several details.

Here is an RV that I did a few weeks ago. It had been sitting and as you can see it was gross! The owner wanted it cleaned up to sell.

I pressure washed and Dawn washed to remove the mold. I ended up polishing it with Makita rotary, Four Star Gel Coat Cut and Polish with their Avenger wool pads. I finished it with my PC7424XP and Green LC pads with Megs Paint Reconditioning Cream.

I thought this would make a cool shot for a review.

Here I am using my Autogeek foam gun.

And some finished shots

Here is a 00 Mustang that had some severe oxidation. The owner wanted it cleaned up to sell and the oxidation removed from the exterior.

Washed with Dawn

Clayed with Pinnacle clay

PC7424XP with Orange LC pads and Menzerna Power Finish took care of the oxidation.

The car was finished off with Poorboys World Sealant.

50/50s

Finished in the dark

Here is another RV that was in really good condition already. The owner wanted a basic polish and some protection.

Washed with Dawn

Clayed with Clay Magic blue

Polished with PC7424XP with Green German pads and Megs M205

Sealed with Optimum Opti seal

Here is a really old beater boat that I brought some shine back to.

This one got a Dawn wash then Four Star Gel coat cut and polish with the Makita rotary with Four Star Avenger wool pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Premium Detailed. Lots of randomness.

Here are two vehicles I do for a regular client. 09 F250 and 08 Mercedes SL65

They both were Dawn washed then clayed with Pinnacle Clay. I haven’t polished either vehicle as of yet.

They both received Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection to complete the details.

Here is a 09 Maserati I do every two weeks. It is scheduled for a 2 step paint correction in 2 weeks. These pics are after a full interior detail and wash, clay, seal, wax on the exterior. Dawn, Pinnacle clay, FS UPP, Wolfgang Fuzion.

More real write ups to come.

Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job all around, Garry. That ragged out RV was something else. The rubber roofs on those things are very difficult. You get up there with bare feet, then they get slippery as ... well... this only goes downhill from here lol!

Thanks for posting.
    JohnHenry

Tampa, FL
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, Garry. Good to see you`re staying busy.
    Tampa, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pander5 View Post
    Nice work, Garry. Good to see you`re staying busy.
    Thanks! Busy, busy, busy! I have like 10 more full write ups to compose and post.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know if anyone has told you this or not, but you should not be using Dawn as a detailing wash.

I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Dawn because it cleans and degreases well. I only use it when I will be applying protection to all exterior surfaces afterward.

Dawn does tend to dry out trim and seals over time. In the hands of a knowledgeable, experienced detailer Dawn is fine as a one time deal.

The problem with people using Dawn is that people use it time after time for their maintenance washes and do not apply any products that will rehydrate afterwards.

BTW, I use either Meguiars Shampoo Plus, or OPT Car Wash if I will not be applying a sealant or a wax afterward. I almost always apply at least a quick detail spray or a spray wax on my details.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Garry. That RV was horrible.
    Too bad you can`t get someone to help you with some of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    Nice work Garry. That RV was horrible.
    Too bad you can`t get someone to help you with some of those.
    LOL, Ok Mike. I will give you the shout out you deserve. Michael Hill (mc2hill) did help out with the Mustang and he has also helped me with the Ford F250.

Happy now? LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s not exactly what I meant, but thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Premium View Post
    I use Dawn because it cleans and degreases well. I only use it when I will be applying protection to all exterior surfaces afterward.

Dawn does tend to dry out trim and seals over time. In the hands of a knowledgeable, experienced detailer Dawn is fine as a one time deal.

The problem with people using Dawn is that people use it time after time for their maintenance washes and do not apply any products that will rehydrate afterwards.

BTW, I use either Meguiars Shampoo Plus, or OPT Car Wash if I will not be applying a sealant or a wax afterward. I almost always apply at least a quick detail spray or a spray wax on my details.

I was kidding earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

well Dawn whether you use it one time or not..strips the oils out of the paint. whether your re sealing or what ever...you need the oils in the paint to hold in the gloss. I am curious about this thought , do oyu not re wash your cars after rotary buffing them. I see you blue tape up things that really don`t need taping,Ie 3rd brake lamp. I do tape up sometimes but only if I am buffing a small area , while the customer is waiting and I don;t wish to wash the entire vehicle..Your mustang looks good , but it still has a haze to the finish ,unless that`s just the lighting. Black paint that is heavily oxidized needs to be polished twice before the sealer is put on, it will make the paint deeper and wetter , in appearance . besides that it looks like you have a good following. just a tip for you though ..if you have a chemical company that you purchase from, have them make you up some soap that will deep clean the paint without stripping the oils from the paint. That`s what I have and it`s a PH balanced with no alkaloids so it rinses clean with no residue.I don`t mention on here what products I use, as all of my products are private labeled and you couldn`t buy them unless you got them from me . but find you a chemist......it will save you in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cartoysautospa View Post
    well Dawn whether you use it one time or not..strips the oils out of the paint. whether your re sealing or what ever...you need the oils in the paint to hold in the gloss. I am curious about this thought , do oyu not re wash your cars after rotary buffing them. I see you blue tape up things that really don`t need taping,Ie 3rd brake lamp. I do tape up sometimes but only if I am buffing a small area , while the customer is waiting and I don;t wish to wash the entire vehicle..Your mustang looks good , but it still has a haze to the finish ,unless that`s just the lighting. Black paint that is heavily oxidized needs to be polished twice before the sealer is put on, it will make the paint deeper and wetter , in appearance . besides that it looks like you have a good following. just a tip for you though ..if you have a chemical company that you purchase from, have them make you up some soap that will deep clean the paint without stripping the oils from the paint. That`s what I have and it`s a PH balanced with no alkaloids so it rinses clean with no residue.I don`t mention on here what products I use, as all of my products are private labeled and you couldn`t buy them unless you got them from me . but find you a chemist......it will save you in the long run.
    Who is this guy? Anyone here know him?

As if I dont know how to do my job, lol.

FYI- Remember that unfortunately most details are based on the clients budget and the detailers time/willingness to do more if they can for no additional money. (I make it my standard practice to always do more than the client pays me for)

That Mustang, as stated in the write up, was in for oxidation removal only. The client did not want, nor was he interested in any scratch removal or gloss perfection.

FYI- The 3rd brake light was is rough shape and had been painted over by the owner with a rattle can and I did not want to deal with it so I taped it up.

Thank you for your much needed 2 cents, but I have this detailing thing under control.

Oh, one more FYI- Take a typing class!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cartoysautospa View Post
    well Dawn whether you use it one time or not..strips the oils out of the paint. whether your re sealing or what ever...you need the oils in the paint to hold in the gloss..
    Oh gee....... And all this time I thought the newer cars had water based paint.

Oh well, guess I gotta re learn everything.

The more I learn, the more I don`t know what I don`t know.

So just as a point of fact, since the green squad in Washington DC has had their input, all paint used my major manfacturers (and even body shops and for th emost part all shops unless they are acting illegaly) are using water based paint, not VOC paint. Same for waxes (ex fruit oils). Petro oils are no longer allowed.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information