Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Hey everybody. I did this car about 9 months ago and in that time the owner has put about 4,000 miles on it. I would kill to be this guy. Anyhow if you don`t remember from last time, where this guy works a person has to pay rent on a parking space if they want one in the garage, and the rent AIN`T cheap! So what does this guy do? He rents THREE spaces so that he can park his car in the middle and not have to worry about dings. Lovin it. The Bentley next to his car today belongs to a friend of his. Moving right along, today he just wanted to get a sealant and leather treatment, nothing fancy. The car is garaged at work as well as at home, and he washes it himself every saturday, 2 bucket method, (Jeez why can`t all customers be like this?). The paint is completely slick and didn`t need much in the way of clay.
    Process:
    Hand wash at some place around the corner
    QD wipe down
    AIO on hood, roof, rear deck, wheels
    Klasse SG on all painted surfaces and rims
    PB NL on tires and trim
    Stoners Invisible glass

Interior:
    Vacuum
    PB NL on dash and doors
    PB Leatherstuff on seats
    AIO on all carbon fiber

On to the pictures
    BEFORE

AFTER

BULLETIN
    When I got there the car wasn`t washed, washing is not allowed in this garage so he usually takes it to a hand wash joint around the corner to get it washed before I detail it. He comes down to meet me and says this,

"I`m really sorry, but would you mind driving it over to the hand wash place? I was running late this morning and didn`t have a chance to get there."

Not only did he allow me to drive his car, HE ASKED ME TO! I love everyone right now, but nobody more than him. He even said that it was ok to have a "little" fun with it.
    All I can say is DAMN that car is SHWEET!!!!!!
    Questions? Comments? Have at it.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Right on. Good work on a sweet car.
    You might find putting lines in the carpet, or moving the fibers to one direction with a brush is a nice finishing touch.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

The car looks really sweet good job.this dude has to be super cool to let you drive the car and have a little fun.

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You lucky son of a...

Great job on the car! I really like silver Porsche`s, especially a freshly detailed one. Now if you don`t mind me saying, that`s one sexy 911

On a side note...You`d think a high end car company would use something other than "Blowse" for their car audio
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job on a fantastic car! I agree with either putting lines in the carpet or keeping it all in one direction. It makes for a very professional look.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeaRock
    On a side note...You`d think a high end car company would use something other than "Blowse" for their car audio
    My 10 speaker Bose system works pretty well for me. Nice crisp sound for a stock unit.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve not tried the PB NL, but my experience for the leather they use on the dash (which Porsche says not to put leather conditioner on!) is Aerospace 303 works best...really helps protect against the sun!

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    My 10 speaker Bose system works pretty well for me. Nice crisp sound for a stock unit.
    It seems like a 50/50 mix, people either love it or hate it. Bose does sound good, don`t get me wrong there, but there`s a lot of audio that`s much better than it too. Then again, I`m extremely picky with audio

Sorry to hijack...
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ALLRIGHT ALLRIGHT I`LL PUT LINES IN THE CARPET!!!!!! Damn perfectionist detailers!
    Yes I do agree about the carpeting though, its weird I think the flash might have brought out the carpet because it is blackblack and looked uniform to the naked eye. However you guys are right, even if you can`t see `em there should be lines in the carpet.
    Yea I too hate Bose. Not really because of the sound quality which I have never been impressed/disappointed with, rather because all of the units will only work with other Bose components, so if you want to change one thing you have to rip out the whole stereo.
    Thanks for the nice words guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LikeaRock
    Bose car audio systems are nowhere near as bad as their home audio systems. Bose home audio gives a whole new meaning to the word "awful".

Thread Information