Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The other day I took the garage queen out for a spin. It hadn`t rained in about a week, but as usual it rained for about 5 minutes, just enough to make a mess of the car.... Now this wasn`t a major problem, because it was due for a wash anyways. I didn`t have time that day, so the next morning I went out to the garage only to find that there were major water spotting on the hood. Ok, I broke out the Z7 (which is what I not use for BF) and gave it a thorough cleaning. When I was all finished, I noticed that in that one day, the spotting had etched itself into the BF!! :scared I tried using the BF QD, but nothing doing... The hood has about 6 or 7 coats of BF, so I really don`t want to do anything that will strip it down. I`m not sure if putting another layer on will fix it or not. I sure hope I don`t have to strip it! I have not seen this happen with any of the other sealants or waxes in just one day!

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of curiosity, what was the temperature? I`ve been using BF for a few months now, and been rained on a dozen times. No problems. Highest temp has probably been in the 60`s.
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s been pretty steady in the low 80`s here. The car has been rained on here also since its been BF`d, but I usually wipe it down immediately when I get it back in the garage. This time I didn`t. I`m not sure if it got sprayed with something off the road, but it was a mess. The wash helped a lot, but if you look closely, you can see the spots...

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure, but it does sound like something other than just rain. Mine is a daily driver, so it doesn`t get wiped down after a rain. Usually just "drip-dries" in the garage, and doesn`t get washed until the weekend.

I have not had any spotting or etching problems. This is somewhat disturbing.
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    coat of sealant?

Try that.............

Post Thanks / Like
    The polish will remove the 7 layers of BF Protectant. I would like to try to avoid doing that!

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if the marks are in the BlackFire coating you will probably have to remove most of it to get rid of the spots.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is truly just in the BF protectant layers and not in the paint, all you would need to do to even out the finish would be to add another layer or two. That would theoretically even out the heavy edges and should fix it fine . . . assuming there aren`t deposits on the paint underneath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I will be layering on some BF on the Mustang and some Z2 on the bimmer cuz the same thing happened to it There must hve been something in the spray of water that caused the spotting. At least I know it isn`t just the BF, since the Zaino did the same thing...

H

Post Thanks / Like

Taming Godzilla......Nissan GTR R35 gets Tru Shined up!

I took a road trip down to Nashville TN to detail a few customer cars. One of the cars that I was very excited to get my hands on was this 2010 Nissan GTR. I had spoke with the owner about some of the paint defects, and even though the car only has 1800 miles on it, it had terrible swirls and scratches caused from the "Courtesy" detail that the dealership kindly did for him without his consent. When he received the car back it was covered in swirls and scratches and it looked horrible. So we decided to go ahead and bring this bad boy back to where it should be. lets check out what I had to work with!

Plenty of bugs to go around......

The wheels were caked in break dust, but what do you expect with crazy brakes like those?

First. For cleaning the wheels, I used Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner. This is AMAZING pH balance wheel cleaner that is safe on all types of wheels and really gets the job done and does it safely. I like it quite a bit better then the P21s wheel gel. Both of which are pH balanced. Once you spray the cleaner on to the wheels, you wait until it reacts with the Iron particles from the brake dust and it turns bloody red when its ready to be cleaned, agitated and then rinsed.

Here is the passenger side in better lighting.

Next was the Bugs. The owner lives out in the country and drives a lot of back roads. So bug were building up real nice on the front end.

So to fix this problem I mixed up some Chemical guys Bug Bugger and Tar Remover

I applied to the whole front bumper and side mirrors and the front part of the hood letting it dwell and work at the bug guts.

Once it was left to loosen up the bug I took my Karcher PW and blew the bugs right off! I have to say I Loved this stuff, it worked really well for the bugs. but I still have more testing to do with it for tar and other contaminates.

Next was the Foam Bath, This step is important for a couple of reasons, 1. is that the oxygen helps break up the dirt, and 2. It helps suspend the dirt off of the paint causing less marring to the surface.

When doing paint correction, It it VERY important to strip all of the remaining waxes or oils off of the surface. That way when you correct the paint, there aren`t any false, or hidden swirls filled with wax. So to help with this, I used Dawn Ultra Concentrate in the Foam Canon and washed the car with a 100% sheep skin wash mitt.

This is what paint should look like with no wax or protection. The water should hardly even want to roll off, with ZERO beading.

After I dried off the car, this is how the bugs turned out!

and wheels

Next we took the 615whp S15 Silvia specR and went to grab lunch........lets just say I about wet my pants on the way there! What a BLAST! I love this car......stay tuned for a wash and Wax write up on it.

When we got back from lunch, look what Mr. UPS driver dropped off? A set of 22" custom made 360Forged wheels! Smokin!

Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like

So of course the new wheels had to be treated and sealed, So I used some Rejex sealant and applied a nice coat to each wheel.

The owner wanted to get the wheels on ASAP, so we slapped them bad boys on there and got back to work.

While they were putting on the wheels, I clayed the car using Clay magic Blue fine clay.

Now it was time for the correction step. this is a before shot of the passenger door. This is what one "Detail" from a hack job detailer can do for your brand new car. remember it only has 1800 miles on it and has been washed once from the owner.

Here is a 50/50 shot after cutting it with Meguiars M105 and LC Cyan pad on a FLEX 3401

So next I just made my way around the car using the M105/Cyan combo leveling out the paint.

working the M105 until it is almost clear.

in progress side shot

So with this paint being VERY touchy/Soft, My typical M205/tang combination for the polishing stage wasn`t used. After testing a section of the hood, The M205/tang combo left a haze to the finish.

So I grabbed my Menzerna 85rd and a LC Crimson finishing pad and tested out an area and got the results I was looking for. So for the polishing stage I used Menzera 85rd and a Lake country Crimson Hydrotech pad.

here are some reflection shots before I applied the LSP (Last Step Protection)

Did BP have another oil spill?

So next I applied some Black Fire Wet Diamond paint sealant to the car using a LC Blue finishing pad

Next I cleaned the exhaust pipe with some #0000 steel wool and a litte wax

Before......

After.....

Now for the Day Shots, We had to hury for these because a huge Rain Storm was coming our way. So the sun wasn`t out. but that just means it`s going to be extra Glossy for the camera!

I hope you enjoyed.....I know I sure did! Be Blessed and thanks for looking!

-Eric
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow what a sick ass car!

I think I know why he lives in the country, so the cops don`t find his drug cartel lol...J/K!!!

Those wheels he purchased are amazing! Makes that car look so much meaner.

Did you wash after 105? I didn`t notice a whole lot of dusting in your pictures.

You did a great job on that car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Eric!! Sick wet!! Did you get to try the launch control?

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! I`m speechless! Solid work.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

What a finish, paint was bad!!! Nice Recovery Eric!!!!
    Wow, now thats a turn around!!!!
    What better occasion to place a new set of wheels and rubber.
    Wonderful Story.....
    :wizard:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information