Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    any one ever try the MF wash mitt for wasing their car? Thinking about getting one. How do you like it?
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one and love it. I believe there was review done by Luder and some other threads with info on it. It does hold a lot of soap and cleans real well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried the mitt yet, but I did wash my car with a microfiber towel once and the results were very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered two microfiber wash mitts from CMA during the January sale. I tried them for the first time yesterday and felt uncomfortable with using them. My car was covered with salt and grime from a recent trip and I felt that the MF wash mitts dragged a little too much on the paint. In comparison, the sheepskin mitt that I usually use glides across the paint. (For full disclosure, I use P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo.)

Guess My Name--have you found that the MF wash mitts hold more debris in them than compared with other mitts?

Thanks,

-ema

Post Thanks / Like
    MF mitts are the bomb! When a car is covered in grit and other deposits (like road salt) you`ll want to rinse the car very well before beginning. You`ll also want to rinse the mitt frequently, but that`s just normal procedure for most of us Autopians.

I think the MF are wonderful (especially the ones from CMA) as they allow you to create a safe scrubbing action, if you need to, without a major concern about scratching (unless your paint is as soft as melted chocolate).

I think that you`ll find them the best thing for washing. I converted from a sheepskin mitt that I got from Griot`s Garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno about dirt holding....well let me explain I wash my truck to much LOL

The pile is not as deep as say my chenille mitt from Viking but it does hold dirt from say half my hood which is probably the equal to say a BMW 3 series hood. Also it rinses pretty well in the rinse bucket.

It does feel like it is dragging on the paint when the soap gets low. It does have a definate different feel to washing with a MF mitt than the viking mitt.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, i did a review quite awhile ago in the reviews forum. my ending impressions were that the MF mitt from CMA wasnt all that great, especially for its price. i also used the viking 100% cotton mitts. though better than the MF mitt imo, i didnt like the wrist band that easily began unstringing itself and made the mitt very sloppy.

im currently using a sheepskin mitt. been using sheepskin to wash my car for a very long time... to me, nothing beats it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used MF,100% cotton, 100% cotton chenille and sheep skin mitt and have come to the conclusion that the sheep skin mitt is the most GENTLE and pretty durable too.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like

06 Black Audi S4 cabrio correction

I had the pleasure this weekend of working on one of my all-time favorite cars, an Audi S4 in Brilliant Black. The owner has had the car since new, and while it is in great shape for its age, it needed a little attention here and there.

First off, I want to point out to anyone doing an Audi vert in the future, under no circumstances should you operate the top while on in incline or let go of the switch before the cycle is through. The top WILL get stuck, and you`ll spend several hours hating life, hating Audi and hating Google before figuring out how to manually reset the top. :doh:

Anyway, on to the show.
    Engine bay was in good shape.
    Sprayed some Megs APC+ 4:1, flushed with ONR at QD dilution
    Vacuumed the underhood heat guard
    KAIO on the underhood paint
    Opti-Bond 1:1 to dress plastics

Before

After

No good pics of the wheels, but they got Brown Royal 1:1 and an entire can of Tarminator. At some point, I`d like to remove them to get all the tar off the inside. Believe me, there was a LOT of it, and not all of it came off this time.

Spare tire had been used at some point, so I cleaned it off just like the other wheels. Much easier, plus it didn`t have as much tar inside.

Exhaust cleaned with Brown Royal, polished with Megs UC and 0000 steel wool. Cleaning the inside of exhausts w/ wheel cleaner was an idea I got from Richy. Thanks man!

On to the paint. Nothing special, just the average swirled black car.

Compounded with GGDA and Surbufs with M105. In some of the following pics what look like swirls are actually the haze from the Surbuf pads.

Finding out how to finish the car was a challenge. I tried the usual 205 combos, 85rd, etc. After speaking to Michakaveli, I tried something Todd Helme had posted about a while ago, and I was beyond surprised to find it worked like a charm. Finishing was done w/ 105 on a crimson HT pad.

Final touches:
    LSP was Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0
    Collinite 845 on wheels and exhaust(never tried this, we`ll see how it works)
    Opti-Bond 1:1 on tires

Sorry for the lack of sunlight on the before and after pics, that kind of thing is out of my control! Thanks for looking, and as always comments and criticisms are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap View Post

First off, I want to point out to anyone doing an Audi vert in the future, under no circumstances should you operate the top while on in incline or let go of the switch before the cycle is through. The top WILL get stuck, and you`ll spend several hours hating life, hating Audi and hating Google before figuring out how to manually reset the top. :doh:
    Thanks for that tip! Thats one to remember for sure!!!

Thanks to you and Ritchie for the tip about cleaning the insides of the exhaust tips. Neat idea.
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Mike!
    Michalski Detailing, LLC | Serving Columbia, SC and surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Mike!!
    That was an awesome job. You did a lot of things that really required you to think outside of the box and it really paid off.:hurray::hurray:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    wow! looks great, Brilliant Black looks good on any of the S or RS Audi`s, and man did you make that 4.2 V8 sparkle, love the noise those things make:cornut:.
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great!

You posted:
    "Finishing was done w/ 105 on a crimson HT pad. "

Who knew - can you elaborate on this? I would not have considered that combination.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    Thanks for that tip! Thats one to remember for sure!!!

Thanks to you and Ritchie for the tip about cleaning the insides of the exhaust tips. Neat idea.
    Thanks Jeff. That convertible top was an absolute nightmare. When it stopped dead in its tracks, my blood froze!

Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
    Nice job Mike!
    Thanks homeboy. You deserve a ton of thanks too! From helping me w/the top to suggesting the correct finishing combo, a lot of how it turned out is thanks to you. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Wow Mike!!
    That was an awesome job. You did a lot of things that really required you to think outside of the box and it really paid off.:hurray::hurray:
    Thank you Barry! I appreciate the kind words. And I see your Bentley thread is still going. Told you it would be the first great thread of 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiguru View Post
    wow! looks great, Brilliant Black looks good on any of the S or RS Audi`s, and man did you make that 4.2 V8 sparkle, love the noise those things make:cornut:.
    Thank you Mo. It truly is a gorgeous car. On the way out, the customer gassed it a bit and it was instant goosebumps. To me, it sounds better than any American V8.

Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    Looks great!

You posted:
    "Finishing was done w/ 105 on a crimson HT pad. "

Who knew - can you elaborate on this? I would not have considered that combination.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Thanks GEWB. I COULD elaborate on it, but Todd did it so well, I`ll let him do it again.
    http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3998

Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information