Thread: Bad News

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found out today that I have a Hernia. That in itself is not the real problem, the recovery time is 6 weeks. which means I can;t lift or do any work for that time period. That includes detailing. Doctor said I can wait a few months (Thank God) so perhaps I can schedule it in the fall towards winter. But I`m not sure how to handle this when I have cars to do and I can`t work. I better start training someone quick. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats too bad. It stinks when a physical problem keeps you from the job that you love and depend on. I had elbow surgery back in October, and could not detail for several weeks. I have always been hesitant about training somebody to do the work I do. I have spent 10 years perfecting the craft, and I can not see myself training somebody in a few days or weeks.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had an umbilical hernie for about 5-6 years now. My doctor told me as long as I watch my weight, I can go years withouth having it fixed. I can even lift weights if I want (and I do) but no squats or leg presses. I may get it fixed this winter, not because it bothers my physically but because it looks kind of gross having an outie instead of an innie.

I was told a week or two of recovery, depends on my pain tolerance. Having been married, I`ll probably be able to jog home.

I take it your hernia is lower, right?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, wish I had a car because would definately be up for a job at good bodyshop...I detail on the side and just got into doing serious things but without a car I`m useless . Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mitchubishievo

Damn, wish I had a car because would definately be up for a job a good bodyshop...I detail on the side and just got into doing serious things but without a car I`m useless . Oh well.

????

I`ve had two lower hernias.. two seperate surgerys. FAST recovery time though, i wouldn`t sweat it too bad, maybe take a week and two weekends off... :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, wish I had a car because would definately be up for a job a good bodyshop...I detail on the side and just got into doing serious things but without a car I`m useless . Oh well.

That stinks. I`m sure everything will work out fine though.:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ajbarnes

That stinks. I`m sure everything will work out fine though.:xyxthumbs

He said he needed to train someone...I stated that`s it`s too bad because I would have taken the job right away if I had a car...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Gary. Did your doctor tell you what kind of activity you can do until the surgery? I had hernia surgery in 1989, it was pretty severe. After 4 weeks I was pretty close to being 100% recovered from the surgery. For about 10 days I was useless for anything but laying in bed though.
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by WrxRob513

????

I`ve had two lower hernias.. two seperate surgerys. FAST recovery time though, i wouldn`t sweat it too bad, maybe take a week and two weekends off... :xyxthumbs

I too had lower hernia surgery...had it on Monday and returned to my desk job the following monday...While there`s discomfort and you don`t want to be doing rigorous activities for the first several weeks...everything can still be done in moderation. I could see how going from being on the ground doing lowers to standing up again could get old really quick though.

Best of luck and a speedy recovery my friend.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

He said he needed to train someone...I stated that`s it`s too bad because I would have taken the job right away if I had a car...

:doh Now I get it!.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    aflac?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey turbo,

I had surgery last april. It was done lapascropity or some such thing, I am sure that the spelling is wrong. Anyway it was done outpatient surgery. I was home the same day, and when I was told to hold any lifting to under 25lbs. for two weeks. I then went in for my two week check up, even though I still was tender the doctor took me off all restrictions, I was flabergasted. I was still tender but he said I was healed enough where I wouldn`t hurt myself. I would check to see if your surgeun is doing the major cutting or lapastoghic surgery. Sorry for the spelling errors.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by turbomangt

I just found out today that I have a Hernia. That in itself is not the real problem, the recovery time is 6 weeks. which means I can;t lift or do any work for that time period. That includes detailing. Doctor said I can wait a few months (Thank God) so perhaps I can schedule it in the fall towards winter. But I`m not sure how to handle this when I have cars to do and I can`t work. I better start training someone quick. Gary [/QUOTE

I might be able to help you out. PM me if you want to talk more about it.

Thread Information