Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am wondering if Menzerna IP is really that swirl free, that you can go staight to a wax or sealant on most colors. I am using 3m products with a rotary right now, with good results. But i am looking to skip a step , as some customers don`t want to pay for the extra steps. I have been detailing for 17 years so i have tried lots of products, all 3 step ,compound-polish-wax. Also does anyone know or use - a good swirl remover+wax or sealant in one. I`m thinking of IP and to finish an all in one. I live in Canada so alot of these products have to be ordered(no problem though). Thanks and all you guys keep up the good work!

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s all personal preference, I would just try them out and see for yourself. If you hate it, it only cost you $20.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply wifehatescar. What i`m getting at is, i would like to drop the finishing polish on some jobs and use a swirl+wax to make sure that the swirls are gone. I work out of an used car dealership (most are 5 years and newer) and i would like to save some time on the lot cars and some customers. We buy cars from other dealers and auctions and they always just have coverup products on them that wash off. In general this gives the entire detailing industry a bad name because of inferior workmanship and products. I think that hi-temp and prowax have a few all-in-ones that might work , but have never tried them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think any AIO product, if it contained abrasives and wax, would be too mild to remove moderate swirls.

Something like NXT might cover them but that doesn`t sound like what you are after...?

I think you might need at least a 2 step if you are picky (a stronger abrasive and then seperate wax)
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again wifehatescar. I am happy with the 3m system(except for the dust). I`m thinking Menzerna is a quality company, and their products do what they say and Hi-Temp is high quality and their "paint perfection glaze" would remove any remaining swirl (as they say) and give `slight` sealant protection, in a 2 step. If anyone has used these products please chime in. I am not looking for the `perfect` shine, just a quick fix , without covering up the problem.- P.S. I have already ordered Menzerna IP and FP and i might have to order the Hi- Temp ppg just to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you wish to use a wax only as your LSP, use the 1z polishes, they contain waxes, when not using the alcohol wipe down, they are the closest thing to a polish-wax.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    1Z will work, but like I said, the cut is VERY light. I have only used the 1Z MP and it`s a really fine polish i.e. will not fix much of any paint defects.

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably have to use PP first , maybe even Ultra Polish here and there, finish with MP

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve looked and I`ve never seen anything that is a good polish and wax in one. The closest to it would be something like megs quick detail which is a cleaner wax and that would remove oxidation and make the car look nice but would not do much to remove swirls. I usually use it on door jambs and rarely on a whole car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the 1z polishes are your answer especially if you plan to top only with a wax or their LSP: Glanz wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Megs Quick Detailer #66 (not Quik Detailer spray)?

Its a true AIO that`s about as aggressive as #80, so it can deal with some swirls/defects, but has a decent gloss/protection.

A few on Autopia have had good experiences with it. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use IP then go straight to an LSP or an AIO if you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by L33

You can use IP then go straight to an LSP or an AIO if you like.

are u sure? ive used ip with a rotary/polishing pad, and have had massive buffer swirls/marring

how do u go about it... im guessing its probably me.. cause im still learning with the rotary... havent tried the ip with my pc yet so dont know how that will be...

Post Thanks / Like
    The swirls and marring are probably from the rotary. Use it with the PC and a polishing or cutting pad. But it would be "best" to follow with FP.

Post Thanks / Like
    What RPM are you running the rotary at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information