Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ...if you never had to do anything other than vacuum an interior, you`d be pretty happy, right?

Interior detailing can be such a grind at times, especially when you get an SUV or minivan that looks like a garbage dump inside...and even worse when the huge family dog is always along for the ride. Even high end cars are not immune from being trashed inside. Taking out scratches, swirls, etc is a breeze compared to trying to get 3 years worth of coffee spills and some unidentifiable dried up food item out of the carpeting.

It isn`t that I hate interior detailing and I do a pretty good job of it, I just enjoy working the paint so much more!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    ScottW,

My helper worked for over 1 hour just in the back of a Jeep last week removing dog hair!

We had the K9 mitt, but the back of the seats were different..almost like velcro. We couldn`t use the mitt. He wetted it down and then raked it forever! I was on the paint which I like..as do you.

Your post reminded me of that. I have a family van tomorrow..ugh!!

Rob Regan
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Pets are the worst.......I mean dirt can be wiped clean, scuffs come off with a little elbow grease, stains can be worked out....but hair is the worst, and theres just something unsanitary about dealing with it!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using some latex gloves on your hands to rub across the carpet/fabric where the pet hair is.

Works very good for me.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Basic interior I don`t like.

Full interior work I really like though.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to clan outmy friend`s Eclipse and it had one liter of coke emptyed and he never cleaned it out. Left it to dry for over 1 year. I managed to clean out 99 percent of the stain after 2 hours of cleaning.
    There is place like 127.0.0.1

Post Thanks / Like
    After cleaning the interior of a jeep cheerokee for over two hours of dog hair, the owner complimented me on how nice of a job we did then let his dogs jump in and they took off!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGG!!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Superior Shine

After cleaning the interior of a jeep cheerokee for over two hours of dog hair, the owner complimented me on how nice of a job we did then let his dogs jump in and they took off!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGG!!

ouch!

they should come with hardwood floors

Post Thanks / Like
    How about vinyl sqaures in the back? My friend ripped out his carpet in his RV and put those in..easy cleaning!
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of months ago I had to do something I never did before...turn down a customer! She came to me with a huge Yukon XL SUV or should I say, huge garbage truck! It was so infested with dirt, grime, trash, and any thing else you can think of!! Then, if I did do the vehicle, it would`ve been at an office park....with no access to electricity....so I would have had to use my portable hand held vacuum :scared !! I dropped her truck back off, gave her the keys, and all you heard was my tires skidding!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in full agreeance scott, some days i absolutly hate doing the interiors, but on certain occasions, i really like doing them. You know like when the car just rolled off the lot, and the only dirt is the footprints on the driver side

Here is one i did last week, 4 hours inside total

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!!! Thats why my brother does the interior and i stick to exteriors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Me too! I can`t stand wasting time on interior work!! This is why I have one guy who is anal as I am on exterior, he does the interior work... Uses many brushes etc to get vents clean, uses a hot water extractor has all the chemicals and treatments for leather, vinyl, plastic etc.

Me, I`m with you.. I`d rather get the finish as flawless as possible then protect it! I also give with full details a small spray bottle of a QD and a smalll MF. Teach them to maintain it and it will not be as bad when they need it done again.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t mind interior work but I hate pet hair. I actaully like taking a trashed interior and making it look like new again (provided I am being paid well to do so!).

Post Thanks / Like
    I just dont understand how people let their dogs romp all over their cars.

As a person with one car, and a 70lb dog, I have no choice but to let him ride in it, but I do take the proper precautions. Platic cargo area liner, etc, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information