Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard through the detailing grapevine that California is really cracking down on chemicals and their distributors. Companies that you order from are being fined and threatened with lawsuits if they continue to ship certain chemicals and products into California.

It seems that detailers (and many other business types) may be in big trouble as many of their favorite products may either become illegal to use or their chemical makeup will need to change.

P21S formula will have to change if they desire to continue selling in California and this will then effect all detailers across the states.

What needs to be done is vote the liberal dweebs out of office. Enviromental wacks are running.............no ruining the state:angry

Here is a link to read up some more on the topic. http://arb.ca.gov/consprod/regs/regs.htm

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the California Air Resources Board, CARB is regulating the amount of VOC`s present in a great number of products. Waxes, polishes, vinyl dressing you name it they`re regulating it. For now it`s only CA but history tells us that CA sets trends. In fact, vinyl dressings have been regulated since Jan 1. No solvent dressings allowed in CA anymore. It sucks but it`s a trend that looks like it will be catching on in other states too!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is part of the reason Meguiars has reformulated their Detailer`s line and some other products.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, this could mean the death of some really good products from small companies when this goes down. What a shame.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    They also have banned ethanol based tyre dressings. What pussies.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn`t this the reason why Meg`s was considering pulling #16, was that it wouldn`t comply with Cali standards anymore? What morons, you cant go into a parking garage without seeing a sign thatsays it can kill you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know I fully understand how we need to look out for the enviroment and all but this action now going on is looking more and more like a policed state. Another classic case of minority liberalism making judgements for the majority, or so it seems.

I am told that Terry from CMA was literally entrapped by this "watchdog" group. They ordered from CMA all the products that are illegal to be shipped into CA and then send him a nice letter letting him know. That to me is just plain entrapment and it sucks.

If you go to certain sites, like CMA, you will now notice that many of their products now have statements which read these products are banned in CA. Sheesh......what`s next?:nixweiss

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Prometheus

Wasn`t this the reason why Meg`s was considering pulling #16, was that it wouldn`t comply with Cali standards anymore? What morons, you cant go into a parking garage without seeing a sign thatsays it can kill you.

Yes, that is the reason.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish a lot of companies would all agree and just say, "forget california."

You don`t hear too much good coming out of cali... it`s always stupid laws.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Largest market in the country, you can`t forget us!!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    In voluntary compliance with the California Air Resources Board, Classic Motoring Accessories has stopped offering some products and will cease shipping others into the state of California. We are in the process of working with our suppliers to determine which products do not meet the standards set by the Air Resources Board of California.

Complying with these standards creates a dilemma for all manufacturers. Our Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl Instant Detail Spray is a great product. It can be used in high heat and high humidity and wipes streak-free even on black cars. The California Air Resources Board has set a 3% VOC limit for automotive quick detail sprays. Clear Pearl contains more than 3% VOC’s and we have agreed not to ship Clear Pearl into California. I called a chemist friend that works for a major car care manufacturer and asked how they are complying with the new regulations. I was told that their reformulated quick detail spray does meet the California standard because it is 98% distilled water! I don’t want to do that! It’s the same for glass cleaners. The current California VOC limit is 6% and this limit goes to 4% January 1st, 2005. I can’t make a good glass cleaner at the 6% limit much less the 4% limit. I can make a glass cleaner as good as the products you buy at WalMart and Target but that’s not what enthusiasts want. They want a glass cleaner that really works. One that will cut through tough road grime and insect smear. It’s going to be tough finding a really good glass cleaner in California after January 1st.

We’re very proud of our Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax and I know many Autopia members use this wax. Effective January 1st, 2005, Souveran will not meet the California VOC standard. We can’t just take some solvents out. Pure Carnauba is as hard as concrete. It requires a certain amount of solvent to make it spreadable. If we reduce the solvent content in our our wax we must also reduce the carnauba content. We can do this but it will put our wax in the same category as everyone else’s paste wax. Unless we can come up with some breakthrough in the next few months, we simply will not be able to sell Souveran Paste Wax in California after January 1st.

I’m not anti-VOC limits. In fact, I’ll do everything I can to comply with the California standards. It’s the law. I merely wish to point out that some products may not be available in California in the near future and those products that are available may not work as well as they have in the past.

Terry Freiberg

President

Classic Motoring Accessories

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t hear too much good coming out of cali... it`s always stupid laws

I agree completely, and I live in California. We have the most FUBARed government around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread sux!

It starts there and works its way east
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

This thread sux!

It starts there and works its way east

and the to the midwest . Guess I will have to order pruducts by the case before the 1st,especially Pinnaccle souvaran as that is my favorite wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes god forbid that we look out for the environment.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information