Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a late new client yesterday with a white 1993 MB that looks like it has been washed with a brillo pad and the interior used for some dirt experiment:shocked

I don`t get many like this so I am looking forward to the challenge. I only got to start on the interior today, mainly the mats and some interior cleaning as I had lots of regular washes to do. The pictures you find here right now are of the driver side mat.

I will post more pictures next week as I get to spend more time with the car. Here is the first BEFORE and two AFTERS will follow. I apologize for the darkness but I didn`t get started until late in the day.

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    This is AFTER #1. I used two cleaners on this mat. The first is by 303 and the next a citrus degreaser made for carpets.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is AFTER #2. I will post more interior BEFORE pics later but now I nee dto split for dinner at my moms

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I am really, really impressed!! I know how hard and nasty carpets like that are. Can`t wait to see the exterior! I assume you used the TOL Extractor?

Effort Pa/Stroudsburg Area just over the NJ border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    holy crap man. u can almost package wrap that and send it back to the benz dealer to use as a new carpet for the cars. GREAT JOB BRO GREAT!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys....

I just got off the phone with "Nozebleedspeed" and he was giving me a hard time about my "mat" thread, like "What the hell is that about?":nixweiss

Thinking about it now I guess it is kinda odd to post a thread with only one mat to show, eh? Actually Nozebleedspeed was just kidding and giving me a hard time, and a great guy. He called me and asked me if I would come out to Folrida and detail his 1976 Jeep and I totally bought into it thinking though that the guy on the other end of the phone was one tire short of a full rotation

Like I said I will have more BEFORE and AFTER pictures to post of both interior and exterior by Monday evening, if all goes well.

Here are a few more interior BEFORE shots.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the drivers side area. When I lifted up the mat to remove it and clean it there were all kinds of papers and stuff underneath the mat and I wondered how they got there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

OK Anthony. We all get it. First it was dirty....and now its clean. Is there a point to any of this?

Dude. Its just wax!

Yeah, here is the point.......my dog Max feeling shame by being my kids dress up doll......there should be a law!:angry

Max said...."Dude, it`s just hosery!

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg,

Yeah I used the Stryker extractor which is made by Sensai and sold through Top of the Line.

I sprayed the carpet with the "303" and let it dwell for about 5 to 10 miutes, on the grease I applied the Chemspec gel degreaser and also let it dwell. Scrubbed the mats with a carpet brush and then extracted using only clear water as a rinse. I don`t use shampoo or cleaners in my extractor but rather use only clean, clear water for rinsing.

Nozebleedspeed,

So men wearing hosery is bad?

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony- I just want to say that the picture of your dog totally just made my morning! I had an Akita, but she died earlier this year and seeing dogs in goofy situations totally reminds me of her, although I never made her wear hose!

Back to topic- any more info on the Chemspec gel degreaser? It is designed for carpets? Well have a good weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg,

Sorry to hear about your dog passing on. We don`t realize how attached we get to our pets until they are gone.

We were decorating for Christmas when I heard my kids laughing and there was poor Max with his head hung down and embarrassed...so I did the right thing and took a picture

The Chemspec degreaser is designed for carpets and upholstrey and helps in the removal of grease, candy residue, gum and assorted crud. Works great but bees love the stuff also.

Adios,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Bees huh....

I almost want to ask how you figured that out.
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, I do not envy the task you will have with this Benz. It`s condition is absolutely deplorable! The only consolation is that Mercedes carpet is real dense so most stains don`t get too deep. Have you slapped the owner silly yet for letting the interior get that bad?

I hope you get some good before and after pics of that beast and post them. I`d really like to see how you polish this turd.

I`ll be thinking of you being knee deep in this Benz tomorrow while I am detailing a pristine BMW Z8 and M1. :lol Like you, I sometimes enjoy the challenge of a real rough car, but most of the time, I prefer the cream puffs!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Anthony, I do not envy the task you will have with this Benz. It`s condition is absolutely deplorable! The only consolation is that Mercedes carpet is real dense so most stains don`t get too deep. Have you slapped the owner silly yet for letting the interior get that bad?

I hope you get some good before and after pics of that beast and post them. I`d really like to see how you polish this turd.

I`ll be thinking of you being knee deep in this Benz tomorrow while I am detailing a pristine BMW Z8 and M1. :lol Like you, I sometimes enjoy the challenge of a real rough car, but most of the time, I prefer the cream puffs!

Here Here!:lol
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

The owner of that MB is a Indian doctor and the guy is very nice and very soft spoken. He apologized over and over again for the sad shape it is in, so I woulda felt real bad slapping him upside the head......so I just floated him an air biscuit and then closed the doors

I don`t have any pictures of the paint yet but good grief is it sad...sad like Charlie Browns Christmas tree. There is no shine at all to the paint and the clear on the bumper is flaking off. This will be "the test" car of testers. The one good thing about it is also the one bad thing about it, which is that it is a white car. Good because it doesn`t show the full damage but then bad in the sense it may not show the full recovery. We shall see.

Hope and pray Monday comes with great weather as they are calling for rain

Miguel,

I found out bees love that stuff one day while using it in the spring time. Bees were all over the mats I had used it on. No real problem, they are just attracted to the citrus, unless of course one is allergic to bees:nono

Anthony

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information