Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    As a professional detailing buisness owner;

1- have `you` taken time to write a BUSINESS PLAN for `your` detailing business?

2- or do `you` just react to everyday business situations?

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on reacting to my bidness....

I ain`t so sure what youre talking bout. I just keep rubbing the wax back and forth,back and forth....Its a good plan.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you?

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    :lol
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally do not know this "mirrorfinishman" but when I saw the name some days ago I scratched my head knowing it rang a bell somewhere. Now I know. Same person that has been banned or perhaps flamed off from other detailing sites.

Now again this guy may be very good at detailing and really knows his stuff and he may also be a cool guy but that may be difficult to get from his posts because they have an air of arrogance to them and, perhaps without realizing it, tends to belittle others. I again stress that this could be just how "I" am reading the posts but I believe this needed to be said in a constructive manner (hopefully). I am sure that we can all learn from one another.

If people refuse to leave the attitude out of their posts then they should be shown the door.

Adios,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

I personally do not know this "mirrorfinishman" but when I saw the name some days ago I scratched my head knowing it rang a bell somewhere. Now I know. Same person that has been banned or perhaps flamed off from other detailing sites.

Now again this guy may be very good at detailing and really knows his stuff and he may also be a cool guy but that may be difficult to get from his posts because they have an air of arrogance to them and, perhaps without realizing it, tends to belittle others. I again stress that this could be just how "I" am reading the posts but I believe this needed to be said in a constructive manner (hopefully). I am sure that we can all learn from one another.

If people refuse to leave the attitude out of their posts then they should be shown the door.

Adios,

Anthony

I agree 100% with Anthony. I have read his posts, and all i can think is: wow, is this guy at all serious?? I dont think that he will ever really be any sort of an asset to this community, and that his spam is already starting to upset more than just myself. Maybe he will just leave before he gets flamed out or banned. But that is just wishful thinking. On the topic though, i have written about 75% of my business plan, and NO i dont want to buy your ****** detail business for dummies tutorial

Thats all for now

mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tpgsr

On the topic though, i have written about 75% of my business plan, and NO i dont want to buy your ****** detail business for dummies tutorial

Thats all for now

mike

Hey Mike, do you realize that you`re the very first person to reply to this thread who has actually written a business plan.

As we both can tell from the responses, many professional detailing owners on this forum apparently don`t think a business plan is even necessary. Maybe they would rather just react to changing business situations on a day to day basis. Maybe they think running a business is more fun that way. That`s how the responses appear to me.

It`s really not that difficult. To start with, all you`ve got to do is just write down your basic ideas and concepts and a basic description of the service you would like to provide.

Here`s a list of a few questions to ask yourself as you begin to write your plan;

1- Why will this business be profitable?

2- When are you scheduled to open your business?

3- Is this business seasonal?

4- What have you learned about this business from suppliers, other business people, trade associations, etc.

5- Who is your market? Who is your customer?

6- How do you intend to satisfy this market?

7- How will you attract new customers?

8- How are you going to price your service?

9- Who are your nearest competitors?

10- How successful are their businesses?

Mike, thanks for the honest reply!

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mirrorfinish it`s obvious you have very little respect for this board, you continue to push your manuals after you been asked not to and then told not to. Autopians are a very different breed of people, had you of came in and got to know some people and shared some ideas and taken some idea`s from others maybe then we would have been interested in your manuals or at least your ideas. At that point you may have thought about sponsoring the site and I`m sure you would have got interest then.Anthony said it right your posts have "an air of ignorance" to them, I can assure you most if not all of the pro`s here have a business plan. This site is not about selling it`s about sharing, if you``re only interest is selling then do yourself a favor and leave before you get flamed or banned.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s obvious he is not into detailing other than pushing his marketing products on detailers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

Adios,

Anthony

Anthony,

You`re right; "we can all learn from one another".

Hopefully, everyone else will agree that we are all here to: "Share your tips, tools, marketing and stories with other Pro Detailers".

Anthony, thanks for the constructive reply!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

Hopefully, everyone else will agree that we are all here to: "Share your tips, tools, marketing and stories with other Pro Detailers".

I would say that we are all here to share detailing methods, products and stories with EVERYBODY . I would guess that most people on this site are not Pro`s but ordinary people, like myself, with a great interest in keeping their car`s looking the best they can. People who wish to learn about how different products work together and how to use these products themselves to great effect. People who appreciate the time and effort that others put in to making cars look great and then also taking the time to post excellent pics.

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

You`re right; "we can all learn from one another".

Why not learn yourself from what others are telling you......

I appologise to the Moderators if this line is deemed offensive in any way. I`ve read every post he has made so far and IMO they are not in keeping with the site in general.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t get it. Some legitimate folks post stuff on the forums and are banned because they mention that they have something "available."

Yet this guy continues to spam the boards (albeit in a roundabout way) and nothing is done about it. Wow.

This guy reminds me of those software commercials where the cardboard cut-out salesguy is standing in the office and goes, "So, how many software licenses can we sell you today?"

And the guy at the desk goes, "Actually, we don`t really need any new sof-"

And the cardboard cut-out goes, "GREAT! 500 it is!"

...ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And regarding business plans - does writing 200-some pages of a 4,000 page transitional merger/integration plan (for HP/Compaq) count? :nixweiss:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was fun.

And this is the stuff that I miss whenever I`m not around on Autopia for a couple weeks or so?

Damn, I need to go back to being a regular.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :xyxthumbs Anthony Orosco

I agree, I think `talked` of a red button that would draw a moderators attention this kind of thread.

O

Red Button

Consider it pressed
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information