Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for some quality spray bottles but I am not willing to pay $5cdn each for them at my local home depot. Does anyone have any suggestions? I live near the US border so it doesn`t matter if I have to buy from a US store.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Try wal mart or K-mart

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    My K-mart had a trashcan full of them in the Garden Center.

32oz. $.79 ea./closeout. I bought a half dozen when I saw them.

I take the sprayers off of these bottles and attach them to a 16oz or 20oz plastic soda-pop bottle (1/2 litre for you). I find them to be less breakable. I use a Sanford Sharpie to mark the bottles before filling.
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    Just goto a dollar store

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that some of the bottles/sprayers that are a little more money are alot better. If I use the same product in a cheap spray bottle/sprayer it go`s on crappy and uneven. It is just me I supose, but the extra few $$ is worth it for a good sprayer:wavey
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t want to use cheap dollar store quality bottles, but i guess it wont hurt to look.

I am going to search in a US wal mart when I am over there.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

I have found that some of the bottles/sprayers that are a little more money are alot better. If I use the same product in a cheap spray bottle/sprayer it go`s on crappy and uneven. It is just me I supose, but the extra few $$ is worth it for a good sprayer:wavey
    Ditto. I hate ponying up $5 or $6 for a spray bottle, but that seems to be the price for one that won`t leak, drip, or break on the third time you use it (as seems to be the case with cheaper ones I`ve tried). I finally found a 32 oz sprayer with dilution markings at a local Ace hardware store that seems to do the trick. They`re $6, but they`re also guaranteed for five years.

Tort

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my dollar store ones dont work right.... I buy the good `industrial` ones from home depot and lowes. (You know, the ones that are rated for harsh chemicals - and for things like solvent, acid wheel cleaners, etc. you gotta go with these).... its worth it IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spray bottle sounds like a simple product but they are not. I really like the fine spray one gets from the Meguiars purple spary bottle for using QD note, be careful this bottle is prone to leak if not secured. I like the little 3 or 4 ounce spray bottles from Wal Mart for AIO and SG. The small bottles are much easier to use. You can control the amount of product and then just stick the bottle in your pocket without having to look for a place to place your container also there no spill worries.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found some here on eBay

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you are into lifetime frustration through the plastic spray bottles away. The difference in price does very little to justify the very small amount of quality improvement. Being a professional detail for 31 years I had all I could take with plastic junk and cheap pump up gerden sprayers. While they may be fine to spray weeds 2 or 3 times a season they are hardly commercial grade or quality no matter what the label says. I found a solution that has not failed me in 16 years. I purchased stainless steel tank sprayers from a place called Professional detailing systems out of Denver, CO. When I think of the money that I spent year after year on plastic I could scream. I have 4 sprayers in the shop and only replaced one in all these years. They handle almost any chemical available and work fantastic. These have no pumps but instead are charge with compressed air with a standard tire chuck. They have a working pressure range of 100 to 125psi and a single charge will last until the tank is empty. I use two sizes. A 3 gallon unit is totally portable and not heavy at all. I also have several 5 gallon units that have 25 foot coiled hoses and a spray gun with an adjustable pattern nozzle. The hose is long enough to use with the tank standing close to the vehicle. I always fill these sprayers about 3/4 full to allow enouogh air space for a full charge. These do not leak even if they tip over. I had a tank hold pressure for over 3 months sitting in a corner so they are truly high quality. I cannot say enough good things about these sprayers. They have save thousands of dollars by eliminating product loss (chemicals going down the drain), frustration free, less time wasted, more work done since my crew is not trying to get a plastic one to work or stopping to pump up another throw way. I still buy from the same company after all these years. They have a web site at www.pdsweb.net if you want to see the sprayers. Try them, you`ll never look back at plastic again.

Good luck.

Tom
    OLDER & WISER.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even at the ACE Hardwares in Canada I`ve seen those bottles mentioned with the dilution markings on the side. Kinda pricey, but tempting.

Try a plastics shop. One nearby here has bins of different parts you can mix/match, but I haven`t tried this route so I don`t know how good the spray head or bottles are. Price should be good though, so it might be worth checking out.

I also saw a 500mL spray bottle at a store that sells imported housegoods for $12!!! Made in Japan yet! It`s trigger action was different than what I`d ever seen before - the piston was part of the nozzle. It looked and felt expensive too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Masterfinish

Unless you are into lifetime frustration through the plastic spray bottles away. The difference in price does very little to justify the very small amount of quality improvement. Being a professional detail for 31 years I had all I could take with plastic junk and cheap pump up gerden sprayers. While they may be fine to spray weeds 2 or 3 times a season they are hardly commercial grade or quality no matter what the label says. I found a solution that has not failed me in 16 years. I purchased stainless steel tank sprayers from a place called Professional detailing systems out of Denver, CO. When I think of the money that I spent year after year on plastic I could scream. I have 4 sprayers in the shop and only replaced one in all these years. They handle almost any chemical available and work fantastic. These have no pumps but instead are charge with compressed air with a standard tire chuck. They have a working pressure range of 100 to 125psi and a single charge will last until the tank is empty. I use two sizes. A 3 gallon unit is totally portable and not heavy at all. I also have several 5 gallon units that have 25 foot coiled hoses and a spray gun with an adjustable pattern nozzle. The hose is long enough to use with the tank standing close to the vehicle. I always fill these sprayers about 3/4 full to allow enouogh air space for a full charge. These do not leak even if they tip over. I had a tank hold pressure for over 3 months sitting in a corner so they are truly high quality. I cannot say enough good things about these sprayers. They have save thousands of dollars by eliminating product loss (chemicals going down the drain), frustration free, less time wasted, more work done since my crew is not trying to get a plastic one to work or stopping to pump up another throw way. I still buy from the same company after all these years. They have a web site at www.pdsweb.net if you want to see the sprayers. Try them, you`ll never look back at plastic again.

Good luck.

Tom

I`m sorry, but that`s flat out ludicrous... Perhaps for a professional detailer of 30 years it`s not, but for your average (or above average) weekend detailer, that is complete and utter overkill....$160 for a reconditioned unit, no less. Who needs a 3-gallon container....OF ANYTHING? Not to mention the difficulty of moving that thing around... I could just imagine myself trying to QD my car with that....:nono

Typically the purpose of plastic spray bottles is to make for ease of use and portability.... For 160, I think it`s pretty safe to say that you could go with the "good stuff" plastic spray bottles, and replace them many times over, and never reach $160...

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t want to sound abrupt but you are in the Pro Detailers forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TLTypeS

Don`t want to sound abrupt but you are in the Pro Detailers forum

My mistake then...I clicked on the thread from the front page of the forum, the quick list....and didn`t take note of where it was. My bad, ya`ll knock yourselves out with the 160 dollar spray bottles then....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information