Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering what your process would be to fix this. it`s an 06 yukon denali. Definately had a carseat in it and i was just curious to what others thought on fixing this problem. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen the seats pop back after that if they are leather. Leaving the windows closed in the warm sun and conditioning the seats will probably help too. Let us know how it goes.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a steamer on the seats may help them pop up. Use several treatments of leather conditioner on that as well.

John

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    M105, m205 and KBM

ok just kidding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Using a steamer on the seats may help them pop up. Use several treatments of leather conditioner on that as well.

John

Thats what I would do.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah as stated above they will fall back into shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    might as well leatherique them!!! the heat from using the process will both clean the seats AND help the leather "adjust" back to normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Leatherque should help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having had two car seats in my wife`s Suburban for 5 years or so, I can vouch for the fact that the "idents" will go way. It seemed to help when I loaded the seats up with Lexol, buffed them, then left the car in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok i just was wondering what you guys thought. I don`t want to seem like a ****, but this is one thing i may be able to contribute to the community and wanted to put a feeler out so i wasn`t repeating an existing thread. I haven`t tackled this project yet but this is how it goes.

First thing you need to do is remove the seats. then remove the seat cover (leather) steam the foam to open the crushed cells, let it dry, put the cover back on, condition the seats and put it in the sun.

I had a job installing leather for a while and learned a lot from the guy i worked for and i wanted to share.

For most seats your going to need hog rings and hog ring pliars, but some manufactures use a high strength velcro. like chrysler mainly and some others but i can`t remember off the top of my head.

When I take this job on I will definately do a write up on it so maybe you guys can learn too. Hopefully I don`t piss any of you guys of by posting this way so I apologize in advance. HAPPY DETAILING!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is not a bad way to do it, but probably beyond what most people want to do. Cleaners, conditioners and Leatherique aren`t going to do crap. I would use a blow dryer to heat up the leather and massage the leather at the same time. It should significantly reduce the impression.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to parrot what most are saying. Feed the leather weekly, keep it warm and sit back on a lawnchair with a brew.

The latter when you`re not on the job, ofcourse ;-)
    You`re only as good as your last job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Leather
    That is not a bad way to do it, but probably beyond what most people want to do. Cleaners, conditioners and Leatherique aren`t going to do crap. I would use a blow dryer to heat up the leather and massage the leather at the same time. It should significantly reduce the impression.

We said leatherique because of the process involved would kill two birds with one stone so to speak! You are going to need heat to remove the impression correct? Well, you might as well apply the leatherique twins while heating the seat up in the sun under a garbage bag and get it super clean at the same time! Then you are going to condition the seat after heating it up correct? Might as well use the leatherique to condition the seat while you are at it!

See why we said go the leatherique route>

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not the leather it is the foam that is sunk in it should pop up if u let the heat run in the car for a wile

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wicho661
    I`m going to parrot what most are saying. Feed the leather weekly, keep it warm and sit back on a lawnchair with a brew.

The latter when you`re not on the job, ofcourse ;-)

I had a child`s safety seat on my rear leather bench seat in my Acura and after 10 years the dimples finally went away. Other than steaming the foam as was previously suggested the best bet is to leave it alone or purchase another seat from a wrecking yard. Conditioners will do nothing. Time is your friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information