Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I know there are a lot of these.

What started out as a side job I did out of my parents house for friends has blossomed into an occupation, so as such I now need business cards. I whipped this card up tonight, and I was hoping to get the opinion of ye kind Autopians. I tried to keep it simple and modern. The front (picture) will be gloss, and the back will be matte. I don`t know if I`m really satisfied with the logo...

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - World Rally Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    who made the logo? Reason i ask is because i need one myself LoL.

As for the card . . . . . it looks great. Keeping things simple and to the point is always best.

Stating a couple of important services, maybe a company slogan and your contact information is really all a card calls for.

though i would change up what you offer if at all possible to something like:

Wash

Water Spot Removal

Wax/Sealant

Interior

Engine Bay Cleaning

there are a lot of other services that can be listed so it really is your choice:

Leather Treatment

Rim Polishing

Paint Correction

Swirl Removal

just to name a few others. Overall though i am digging it. The card looks very fresh/clean and professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture is mine, logo is mine.

I think I`m going to skip a slogan. I think it will clutter up the card, and I just find them cheesy.

The services list is obviously easily changed, I was just trying to keep it general and short.

Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vecdran
    Picture is mine, logo is mine.

I think I`m going to skip a slogan. I think it will clutter up the card, and I just find them cheesy.

The services list is obviously easily changed, I was just trying to keep it general and short.

Thanks for the input.

no problem. yeah the slogan isn`t a must unless you have a good solid one that fits your company. Otherwise looks great.

What did you use to make the logo . . . . something like photoshop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, made entirely in Photoshop.

Edit:

Too good not to share. Someone on another forum suggested this for a slogan.

"JP Detail, owned by a pagan because we`ll polish the Jesus out of your ride!"

:lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I know there are a lot of these.

What started out as a side job I did out of my parents house for friends has blossomed into an occupation, so as such I now need business cards. I whipped this card up tonight, and I was hoping to get the opinion of ye kind Autopians. I tried to keep it simple and modern. The front (picture) will be gloss, and the back will be matte. I don`t know if I`m really satisfied with the logo...

I think this has a lot of potential and I would start by playing with the background on the back (seems way too plain and an awkward color) and also remove all the services.

Here`s my card as a reference in case you like it (probably 4 or 5th I`ve designed over the past 3 years and finally think I have it just about where I want it)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/1322820-post7.html
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Though elegant, a black card can be almost impossible to see what your client has wrote writing. Sometimes you want to put some valuable information for your client personally. Just a thought to consider.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NotZeroSix
    Though elegant, a black card can be almost impossible to see what your client has wrote writing. Sometimes you want to put some valuable information for your client personally. Just a thought to consider.

People often say that but honestly unless it`s pitch black, glossy and written on with a black pen, writing will always be visible on a black card. For mine, they`re matte and writing is very easily seen, and the OP has a back area where, if necessary, writing will be easily seen since, according to the initial posting, the color will not be black.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I like your card. The graphics and colors (if you like the blue) are fine. Personally, I wouldn`t use that tone of blue because it`s not my color, per se, but the card looks very nice.

The input I would have is to revise or shorten the services you list. Sounds a little too `simple" or "amateurish".

Wash, wax, sealant..........they`re kind of basic. Most people don`t know that waxes are different products than sealants. Polishing.....or words that describe paint correction is good......just would try to find a description that tells the average customer, who doesn`t know what "polishing" means.....that you have the ability to remove defects/correct their paint finishes....then do the rest of the work. I`ll leave the choice of words up to you.

As the other poster mentioned, is there any other key value-added service you offer that you want customers to know about??? What things make you the most money? What sets you apart from other guys in your area? If you had a hook like that, I`d substitue that for just a list of services.

Just some things to think about....................don`t over complicate the business card. It is pretty simple and direct right now. Just a tweak of the words and you`ll have it. Again, the basics are good.....the graphics are professional looking, double sided card is a little bit "premium", and it`s clear.

BTW, do you have a web site to match?

See ya. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to revise the services list, but really if I start throwing around words like "Paint correction", "Swirl Removal", "Water Spot Removal" the card gets really cluttered. I`m trying to stick to a single word per line. But I suppose that`s a vain hope.

So perhaps:

Wash

Wax

Interior

Swirl Removal

Scratch Repair

I do not currently have a website, though I plan to start designing one. I`m debating right now whether I want to go with 500 cards or 1000, because when I get the site going I`m going to have to do a new run of cards obviously.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to revise the services list, but really if I start throwing around words like "Paint correction", "Swirl Removal", "Water Spot Removal" the card gets really cluttered. I`m trying to stick to a single word per line. But I suppose that`s a vain hope.

So perhaps:

Wash

Wax

Interior

Swirl Removal

Scratch Repair

I do not currently have a website, though I plan to start designing one. I`m debating right now whether I want to go with 500 cards or 1000, because when I get the site going I`m going to have to do a new run of cards obviously.

If a site is in your future then run a small quantity for cards like 500 . . . . . or you can register the domain name and stuff you want for a site and just pay for the name which is only a couple dollars for the year and just slap it on your cards now. Mean while you can easily create a page if you really want to and have a under construction page up . . . . .

just some food for thought. If that isn`t something you want to do just do a 500 card run and in the mean time you can work on a site and toss it on your next batch of cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just registered the domain name, so I guess that solves that problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about referring to: "External and Interior Services" or list your services like this................

Wash

Wax/Paint Sealant

Scratch & Finish Correction

Interiors

Also, good that you got the website....and yes, run a reasonable size lot of cards.....better off being able to revise it w/o a lot of extra expense.

See ya. :wavey

So perhaps:

Wash

Wax

Interior

Swirl Removal

Scratch Repair

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I should just put a descriptive blurb. Something like:

See Right -->
    Botique

Exterior

and Interior

Automotive

Detailing

Though I may just go for a fine alabaster 100lb paper, with Sillian Braille font and a watermark. Maybe list my Telex number and my "Management and Acquisitions" title.

This is the only forum I`ve posted this in that hasn`t devolved into an American Psycho clip thread. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure if this has already been said or not, but my only suggestion is go with the same theme on the backside of the card as on the front... You have a gorgeous black front with clear crisp white text... Why not do the same on the rear? Go with a white background with crisp clear black font to add some contrast?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information