Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking at outfitting an enclosed trailer. I am looking for a solid reputable brand.

I`ve taken a look at wells cargo but their site is meh. so i am asking here.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    My last enclosed was a 4x8 Carmate. Carry On enclosed trailers are pretty affordable, although I prefer the designs from other manufacturer`s. I currently own a Carry On open utility trailer. You also have Wells Cargo, Pace American & Haulmark.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    One real good brand that I know of but will cost you a bit is Featherlite Trailers. Not sure how avail in your area they are but you could check them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to USA Trailer Sales LLC for somebody somewhat local, and great deals. I have been referred to them by two clients of mine, one who owns a landscaping/lawn care business, and another who does A/V work. They both said that that was the best place for trailers around here. I believe they have a showroom somewhere near you in central Michigan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pace American Legacy series here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow i like both the pace american and featherlite.

I can`t get featherlite dealer locator to work. I have an email to the local PA retailer.

I`m going to need a few things to go with it.

100g Water tank with 100 psi pump.

Generator, enough to run 20 amp HWE, compressor, and pressure washer.

Gas pressure washer.

Shelving

I guess i am trying to figure out what people have in their enclosed trailers.

~Aaron
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    One piece of advice... GET A SIDE DOOR! I just bought a 5x8 enclosed and I wish I would have gotten a side door with it.

I went with a Hiway Cargo trailer by Carson Trailer. I don`t know what their availability is like in your area, but its a nice unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a CM trailer. CM Trailers

here is a thread with the trailer and build up so far...

http://autopia.org/forum/professiona...ss-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i did a search and saw your thread.

I am thinking of something around 6` wide from wheel well to wheel well. 6.5-7` tall inside and 14-16ft long.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit off topic... but does anyone know what causes a trailer to squeak over bumps? My trailer just recently started doing this and am curious as to the cause.

Post Thanks / Like
    probably the leaf springs..
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clnfrk
    A bit off topic... but does anyone know what causes a trailer to squeak over bumps? My trailer just recently started doing this and am curious as to the cause.

Mine does it as well. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure everything stays greased and lubed up under there.

Also, I was going to buy a taller trailer, but the wind would have caught it, causing a lot more drag.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Haulmark, over 11 years and going strong.

Squeek. Not likely leaf springs, and I have not seen a car trailer made in the past 15 years that had leaf springs. The mostly use Dexter Torflex axles.

I don;t know what kind of trailer you have, but on many aluminum trailers, they get a bit "loose" after awhile and the panels, etc flexing and rubbing on each other causes the creaking. I know on my trailer, I have full wheel covers and they will creak from time to time as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have twenty years of experience of driving a trailer so there is what I know.

Buying an enclosed trailer to work out of I would get an enclosed trailer with hardly any rivets on the side so you can have a vinyl sign, just makes it look better and it also makes washing easier too. Get a torsion bar instead of leaf springs. You are going to drive your trailer a lot so get a front alum rock guard if you don’t your front of your trailer will have rock chips from the back tires. You will need ventilation say side air intakes and a top hood. Also electric crank saves you time and energy well worth it if you have to disconnect a lot.

A large trailer say 6x12 or more takes more to maneuver in city streets.

A smaller trailer say 5X12 or less it’s easier to back up and maneuverability in city streets is a lot easier, a smaller trailer less fatigue to drive.

The more weight you have the bigger engine you need to pull it, caring a lot of weight you have to have trailer brakes for it. Towing you have to have an auto tran cooler, bigger shocks and better tires & brakes if you don’t have a tow package. The size of engine to drive confrontly I would say a 4.0L or better /w proper gearing. “â€â€â€â€â€Most of these are safety issues so don’t ignore them!â€â€â€â€â€ Keep it legal or you can be legally responsible.

When you buy the trailer stain the inside wood and buy a heavy duty rubber floor mat but first before you measure put a triangle piece of wood on the side to rise the mat up a inch of more and then measure, when you cut it cut it to a inside angle. Why a brim because if you spill water it will go out the front door or the front instead of under the mat.

I forgot what it’s called it’s a sand paper nonslip stickem to put on flooring so you don’t fall on your ***. Put that on the front metal plate.

Trailer lighting get one sky roof lighting vent in the front and two 12v florescent lighting fixtures.

Trailer shelving you can buy some already made for big bucks or you can make your own custom shelving real cheap. There is how to make them if you have any metal working experience. Buy some alum alloy sheets, it’s sort of real easy to bend and cut. Welding alum takes experience so take the preformed numbered alum sheets that you have made and have them welded together at a shop.

Featherlite trailers weights a lot less so you can carry more cargo weight w/o trailer brakes and or a bigger engine.

You can have your trailer custom made to your own specifications to say how it looks, to the size you need to say roof storage area, you need a stronger wheel fender to step on.

To a water tank that under the trailer flooring by buying an Rv tank. Placing your generator engine in front on the custom sized tongue. All this counts for a small size trailer.

Good build trailers hold there retail value real good when you sell them soâ€..

Featherlite Trailers - Recreation/Utility - Utility

Post Thanks / Like
    Northpac,

Thanks for the advice. I will probably by my racks from my local carpet/hard surface distributor. I have made my shelves in the past (in vans) and while it was strong and worked. I don`t have the skills to make it look nice.

I have a vehicle to tow it, and towing package with tranny cooler and electric brake control module. (not my fav, but it works)

So your saying get an rv water tank and have it mounted just infront or behind the axle on the underside of the trailer, with the fill spout either coming up through the floor and out the shell or out the underside?

Then get a custom box made for the generator to sit inside? Place that box on the tounge?

Aside from the generator and the water tank I was thinking of.

2 pop open vents with electric fans (run off the generator.)

1 full side door,

Rear ramp (to get the HWE in and out of easier)

2 4 foot ballasts of flourescent lights.

1 side/wall mounted shop vac (Wall mounted shop vac

Pressure washer (I have not decided if electric will suit me or gas....I may start with electric. then replace the whole thing with truck mount HWE whic would replace the pressure washer and HWE

Shelving and storage for both 1 and 5 gallon containers.

Shelving and storage for towels and tools.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information