Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PB`s APC: favortie uses and ratios

I’m curious to find out how others are using PB’s APC and what ratios they mix it. Currently I keep a bottle of it mixed 16:1 for general use. I also have some mixed closer to 4:1 for engine cleaning.

What are some of you favorite ratios for other cleaning duties? How about tires, interiors, rubber trim, and other uses?

I love this stuff. Very effective, good product, and reasonable cost but what else would you expect for Poorboy’s.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB`s APC: favortie uses and ratios

I use it 10:1 for interior duty (hehe I said duty) engine 5:1.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

I find that 12-1 works great for me but my car is never that dirty to have to use it any stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry444
    I find that 12-1 works great for me but my car is never that dirty to have to use it any stronger.
    Where are on your car are you using mixed 12:1?

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing exotic here, just the usual jobs with the usual dilutions. 10:1 for interior dirt that NL can`t handle singlehandedly, and 4:1 for tires and wheel wells that need some extra ooomph.

Coatal Eddie is the guy we need to chime in here. He is a PB APC user. I know he is full of tricks.

Post Thanks / Like

I love PB APC. I use it for darn near everything that needs a good cleaning. I usually carry two bottles: 10:1 for int. plastics, carpet stains, exterior trim cleanup, and one 4:1 for wheels, tires, wheel wells, and underbody cleaning. Once I started using this stuff I found so many uses for it I don`t know what I`d do without it!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

try it 100:1 as a glass cleaner..this one i got from a customer
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update...I haven`t cleaned the carpets in my Tahoe for a year or so and between the wife and her coffee and the kids eating everything conceivably known to man and dropping on the floor, I used APC full strength with a Foam Sprayer nozzle and a bucket of water for my brush, and the carpets came out great...I used a shop vac with an upholstery tip(it`s clear) for sucking up the excess and just watched all the colors of the rainbow come right out. I wish I done this sooner as there were a few stains under the seats that only got lighter

Post Thanks / Like

I know it`s an old thread, but with spring around the corner i was looking for ratios again.

What ratios is everyone using for:

-tires
    -wheel wells
    -or any other favorites?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uflraptor View Post
    I know it`s an old thread, but with spring around the corner i was looking for ratios again.

What ratios is everyone using for:

-tires
    -wheel wells
    -or any other favorites?
    I had some old coffee stains on my beige carpet on my Tahoe and used it full strength on the spots and they all came out.

Again for general use (vinyl, leather, tires, whitewalls, wheels ,etc.) 10:1 or 15:1 are the ratios I use

Post Thanks / Like

Tires 10:1
    Wheel Wells 10:1 - 15:1

Carpet 30:1
    I actually put it in a foam gun and sprayed the roof of a car that was sitting for a while and had some mold on it and gave it a scrub and it came right off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Nothing exotic here, just the usual jobs with the usual dilutions. 10:1 for interior dirt that NL can`t handle singlehandedly, and 4:1 for tires and wheel wells that need some extra ooomph.

Coatal Eddie is the guy we need to chime in here. He is a PB APC user. I know he is full of tricks.
    Hiya Mr. Clean, long time no talk to

I haven`t got much to add since you guys pretty much covered it.

I do use APC everyday and have gotten to know it pretty well. I use it for just about everything (except windows) and the ratios are pretty much the same as mentioned above.

One application for it that I find has helped me is in the fleet washing part of my business. In a 15 gallon drum I use a couple gallons of any good neutral soap, then add add a gallon of pure APC (then fill the drum to the top with softened water). The APC gives me a huge boost in cleaning power, and using soft water is better for any cleaning application. I apply this formula at 20 ounces pre minute in combination with 5
    GPM of soft water. It`s all done "upstream" through a Cat Pump. I use a 25 degree tip at 3000 psi and can switch to a soft water rinse right from the gun, so it`s pretty damn fast.

I still stand by what I`ve said many times on here that PB`s APC for the money I pay him for it is the best emulsifier I`ve seen. Try it as a prespray sometime on a real dirty tire

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Old thread revival!!!

Anyhoo.... As to the glass use dilution of 1:100 or so, I`ve found that it`s just strong enough to work on light to medium dirt on vinyl and plastics too, so if one were to work in a fast paced cleaning environment, such as a wash bay, you could have 1 bottle and do multiple jobs with it, rather than 1 for glass, 1 for dashes, 1 for seats, etc. (probably want more than 1 cloth, though )
    Also, in terms of not having a cluttered shelf of products, you could buy a gallon (or 5, or 55!) and dilute it according to your needs.

Just a thought.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr View Post
    Old thread revival!!!

Anyhoo.... As to the glass use dilution of 1:100 or so, I`ve found that it`s just strong enough to work on light to medium dirt on vinyl and plastics too, so if one were to work in a fast paced cleaning environment, such as a wash bay, you could have 1 bottle and do multiple jobs with it, rather than 1 for glass, 1 for dashes, 1 for seats, etc. (probably want more than 1 cloth, though )
    Also, in terms of not having a cluttered shelf of products, you could buy a gallon (or 5, or 55!) and dilute it according to your needs.

Just a thought.
    I`m glad you revived this one

I didn`t used to use PB APC for glass, but Steve told me one day that he was using a couple of drops per 32oz in a spray bottle, so I tried it and liked it. You definitely don`t want to mix any APC too strong for windows.

I tried to order and tryout 5 gallons of another companies APC recently, and they blew me off, which wasn`t such a bad thing since I`m pretty stuck on PB`s product.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Eddie View Post
    I`m glad you revived this one
    (Actually, I revived this thread almost a year ago. I just linked to it recently. )
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information