Post Thanks / Like

Is this what I have and where do I go

I think its what you guys call a rotary but I am not sure. Its a craftsman buffer i guess. I have used it to remove wax and even to buff with a wool bonnet (deep plush bonnet).
    After reading quite a bit this site and seeing what everyone has said I quit using it. Mainly because I dont think that I can make sure that the applicator stays clean enough and I dont want to undo the work that I have already done.
    So that brings me to what I have done. I have clay barred it x2. I have used scratch x by hand x2 on the whole thing. Then I follow up with Meguires crystal polish. and then NXT liquid wax.It worked ok but there are still some light spider webbing marks. I recently washed clayed and used an old clear coat sealer from turtle wax (it was in the garage from god knows when) and topped it off with NXT. I also recently used 3m Hand glaze.

This is a 97 red ext cab pickup with great paint. When I bought it a year ago and used some of the turle wax emerald series and hard shell paste people could not believe the paint was original.

This is still not up to my desire. I want that WOW factor when I pull up. This is only possible for a short time since I live in the country on a 1/4 mile gravel drive. Despite that every weekend and sometimes before I wash it up clean everything and wax it or polish it.

WHat do i do. Thanks ahead of time and sorry for the long thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this what I have and where do I go

if the spider webs are really that bad that the bug u enough, then i suggest u get a pc. very user friendly with great results.

so far from what i read u seem to be doing ok. to my eyes i guess u just need to buff off the spider webs (which can be done with a pc).

if u want me to suggest a good OTC combo i would clay, (buff if u intend to get rid of the spider webds, swirls, ect), colorx, followed by megs #26.

that combo is the best combo i have ever seen in person on a black, dark green, dark blue, red, any dark color. lol

but if u do intend to buff dont try to buff with the cheap 40 dolalr craftsman. they are a waste of money and only serve to apply a wax, if that much.

joy
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help I am planning on getting a PC with all the pads and some good products. What is Colorx and where can I find it.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Many different places you can find ColorX, not so easy locally :shifty:
    But if you search you can find ColorX anywhere online
    Keep Detailing! :drunk:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks guys.

Thread Information