4 10.00%
  • Thinking of using one.

3 7.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: multi - vitamin

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: multi - vitamin

I have a list of healthy living supplements and super fruits I take daily. got a kid coming have to be around so my old red bull and cigarette diet had to go. Best part its an MLM company so I get my products for free because I sold them to other ppl

Post Thanks / Like

its a must for my agin body
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

I take one multi-vitamin per day from a reputable company. Reputable companies use bioavailable sources of nutrients. I am a Biochemistry major, with a Nutrition minor, and worked in a nutritional labeling laboratory, and I am not positive it`s really necessary. My reasoning is simply that a multi-vitamin is a "back-up plan" that if I don`t eat perfectly, I cover any micro-nutrient deficiencies. "Mega-Vitamins" (taking 5X of a daily requirement of a given micro-nutrient, for example) are a waste of money IMO and not supported by any peer-reviewed studies.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work at a vitamin store part time and have tried a few different brands. The ones that seem to work the best for me are the food-derived vitamins from Garden of Life. Specfically, their new line called Kind Organics. They offer a one-a-day, 2-a-day and prenatal. I personally take the 2-a-day formula and the biggest difference I see when I take them is better sleep and more energy upon waking. Most of the studies that claim that MV`s are useless and don`t help fill nutritional gaps look at the cheap grocery store one-a-days. The RDA for most vitamins and minerals hasn`t been reviewed/updated in quite a while. With our hectic society and way of life, we need way more than 100% RDA of many vitamins and minerals. It`s best to not rely on supplements though. Try eating nothing but vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean meats, and organic dairy for a while and you`ll feel like a million bucks.
    The Gloss Boss, LLC
    Kris Metje, Owner
    http://theglossbosscape.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gloss Boss View Post
    Most of the studies that claim that MV`s are useless and don`t help fill nutritional gaps look at the cheap grocery store one-a-days.
    The problem is, there are to the best of my knowledge, no peer reviewed 2x blind placebo controlled studies with MVs. I believe there are some old ones from the 1950s - but nothing current.

Of course all high dollar MV manufacturers claim "clinical studies" that show their product to be superior. However, the term "clinical study" - means nothing professionally....It could mean you brought your history book to a clinic to study it... A "clinical study" is analogous to a detailing supply manufacturer X Saying they tested their new wheel cleaner and it`s "the best"...

But, just to be clear - don`t get MV confused with minerals. Most minerals are easier to absorb & study. Single ingredient products like the calciums, magnesium oxide, and potassium supplements (Rx) have been proven time and time again through kinetic measuring and clinical outcomes to be effective.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I became a believer recently in a powder supplement called Green Vibrance. My wife has been taking it for a while and kept trying to get me to take it. I`m the eternal skeptic and usually discount stuff like this because I need to see noticeable results in a very short period of time or I lose interest.

Well after reading the reviews on Amazon I decided to try it. I noticed a boost in my energy level within a day or two. The biggest thing I noticed was that a skin condition that I have been battling with for years started to get better and better and now is almost completely gone.

I`ve been taking it about a month now and I find myself with more energy throughout the day no longer feeling like I`m going to crash around 3pm everyday. I`m pretty amazed with this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried many multiple vitamins over the past 5-6 years. Purity, potency, quality and consistency is what I look for. Based on Consumer Labs, Lab Door and my own experience I only purchase vitamins from a few places. Carlson Labs, Source Naturals and Muscle Pharm. Right now I am living in Michigan...so 2000 IUs of Vitamin D3 supplements my multiple vitamin. Edit: I also take Spirulina.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed a slight increase in overall energy since getting back on a 1 a day.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Been using Centrum silver for years ( I`m over 50).I also take the baby aspirin and vitamin B 50 for muscle recovery from the 30 to 40 miles a day I put on the bicycle
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I won`t be needing any more nutrients. I`m having a steak later.
    -Hank Hill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information