Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation 58 million severance pay.

15 months=$58 million for Yahoo`s de Castro

And there are times i struggle to put gas in the vehicle or grocery shop. UNREAL.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 58 million severance pay.

He was the COO of a mayor company, I would expect him to be making that type of money and his stocks appreciated very nicely leading to a larger payout.

When you are part of the big leagues you make big money.

The challenge is getting there!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL...ya know, he just has bigger toys....and I`ve reached the age that all that is really not too important, had big house and found my family navigating the kitchen and den and not much else. Big yards that are nice to look at and not much else.

I recently got divorced, retired and bought a two bedroom condo on the Intercoastal. Bought really functional denim furniture, a 60 inch tv with simple AV system mounted on the wall with no wires, and my 2nd bedroom has been turned into a workshop with a huge walkin closet.... for what?

My detailing stuff!!!! - Threw my ties away!! And a big butcher block work bench with multiple outlets and wall hangers.

I walk out and go down an elevator to a completely temp controlled garage for my new Vette.

He can keep his 58 mill....I`m in 7th heaven being 63 and in great health, great daughter and a big golden retriever.....

Hope you all can find the same as you reach your golden years....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Yahoo has 12,300 employees so about $4800 per employee. I guess they will cut some employees or their benefits to pay for it.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

that kind of money has a way of blinding you to what`s important in life, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    that kind of money has a way of blinding you to what`s important in life, for sure.
    I would not know I have never had that kind of money.

Post Thanks / Like

Last month, shareholders filed suit against Yahoo directors and de Castro, alleging that the board wasted corporate assets and breached its fiduciary duty by failing to understand how much compensation de Castro was entitled to. The company says it will try to have the case tossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    LOL...ya know, he just has bigger toys....and I`ve reached the age that all that is really not too important, had big house and found my family navigating the kitchen and den and not much else. Big yards that are nice to look at and not much else.

I recently got divorced, retired and bought a two bedroom condo on the Intercoastal. Bought really functional denim furniture, a 60 inch tv with simple AV system mounted on the wall with no wires, and my 2nd bedroom has been turned into a workshop with a huge walkin closet.... for what?

My detailing stuff!!!! - Threw my ties away!! And a big butcher block work bench with multiple outlets and wall hangers.

I walk out and go down an elevator to a completely temp controlled garage for my new Vette.

He can keep his 58 mill....I`m in 7th heaven being 63 and in great health, great daughter and a big golden retriever.....

AMEN !!!!!

Now if I could just quit smoking
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    15 months=$58 million for Yahoo`s de Castro

And there are times i struggle to put gas in the vehicle or grocery shop. UNREAL.
    From the sounds of it, it was probably worth that to them to get rid of him
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

so is he going to need a live in detailer? haha

now the real complaint should probably be how little of that he actually paid in taxes

I got severance pay once, one month`s pay and a $3000 check. Heck I was happy at that moment.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post

glen that sounds pretty good to me. i would settle for a temp controlled garage

Brandt K.

Thread Information