Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Why is this website so slow and boring?

I came to this website because I heard it was the best....I used to post when I first joined and answered other members posts but I have stopped because this is 1 slow site. I wake up and there is only 4 new posts being talked about? That is super slow and boring. Im sure Im not only member thinking this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why is this website so slow and boring?

This forum and any other for that matter is only as good as its members. If you have 1000+ members that are active all the time you are bound to have more traffic. But that doesn`t mean good or even valid info.

So if you want to have a great forum with good info; GET TO POSTING !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was posting all the time...was is the key word. I think this site could be better but it seems so dead for being such a popular detailing website. I left the "other detailing site" because I said that site is ripping off the members on their high shipping costs and their sale prices were not that good. They didnt like that so I left and came here. Atleast there it was active throughout the day and I could wake up and find 30+ new interesting posts. Im saying this place needs to wake up since there are so many people who know alot here.

Post Thanks / Like

Forum traffic seems to be down at several forums.

Going along with Troy, the posters along with the forum moderation (not an issue at AF) determines tone.

For me, I have been very busy at work (not detailing related) so not much spare time. I try to stay up on reading but not much time to contribute and do some reviews I have been trying to get done.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer quality not quantity.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don`t actually visit any other detailing forums. I like the slower pace and tight knit members here, I can check in once a day and not have to read through a billion posts to be caught up.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia is a small community with great non-bias info. Is there something specific that you were looking for.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

I like mine to shine!!! theamcguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It may not get a lot of posts, but that does not mean it does not have good information. Todd Helme posts some of the best how to articles as well as new product reviews on the net. There is a lot to learn here and you should make this site a stop when you are looking for detailing information. I stop by daily, review what I am interested in and then move to the next site and review that one. Even though it has a smaller number of daily posts, I find myself reading more posts here than on the other sites that have a much higher daily post number.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don`t Do It At All!

Post Thanks / Like

I post and remain active on numerous detailing forums as well as on social media sites like fb. As time goes on I don`t read every post on every site. If I see a post that I can contribute to and have some hands on knowledge of I will add my 2 cents. This forum has a small group of like minded members and the number of post here seem to reflect that. You won`t see a lot of post on AF where a OP ask about a certain product or process and gets 50 answers of "I have never used said product but I`ve heard .....". Leaving the question still unanswered.
    As for the comment of another site ripping off the members with high shipping prices. The forum owner/sponsor IMO is a seperate issue to the forums daily operation.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think some of it depend on work schedules as Al said. Although I`m full time my schedule is hectic between work, marketing, books, restoration, and baby on the way.

I have many vehicles in the write-up pipeline just need time to sit at the computer. Most of my visits right now are by mobile. Things also start slowing down based on region and weather.

I`m wanting and trying to get things up. It also helps to know what people are wanting to see.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Bunky that the traffic on detailing forums has slowed. You don`t see the amount of write ups that you used to. I think colder weather is setting in so I would expect things to slow down even more.

I don`t think this forum is slow. In comparison to some of the other detailing forums I find it on an equal pace.

As other members have stated. It`s the forum members that make the forum.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    I came to this website because I heard it was the best....I used to post when I first joined and answered other members posts but I have stopped because this is 1 slow site. I wake up and there is only 4 new posts being talked about? That is super slow and boring. Im sure Im not only member thinking this.
    It may be slow because most of us are Working in our shops and dont have time to read and post things.

Also, for us that are Working in our shops, our Clients are coming back in to schedule their "get me through the Fall/Winter Details", so we are getting hammered all at once again.

Then we also have to get our own vehicles, homes, etc., ready for Fall and Winter and this also takes up a lot of time when we are not working..

Sorry this incredible Site is not more entertaining - maybe it will become so later when/if ever, the Detailing business slows down.

You only have 41 posts ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I was posting all the time...was is the key word. I think this site could be better but it seems so dead for being such a popular detailing website. I left the "other detailing site" because I said that site is ripping off the members on their high shipping costs and their sale prices were not that good. They didnt like that so I left and came here. Atleast there it was active throughout the day and I could wake up and find 30+ new interesting posts. Im saying this place needs to wake up since there are so many people who know alot here.
    You were posting all the time???? You currently have only 41 post.... So I don`t understand how you were posting all the time with only 41 post! If you want more traffic, start more intellectual threads!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    This forum has a small group of like minded members and the number of post here seem to reflect that. You won`t see a lot of post on AF where a OP ask about a certain product or process and gets 50 answers of "I have never used said product but I`ve heard .....". Leaving the question still unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I agree with Bunky that the traffic on detailing forums has slowed. You don`t see the amount of write ups that you used to. I think colder weather is setting in so I would expect things to slow down even more.

I don`t think this forum is slow. In comparison to some of the other detailing forums I find it on an equal pace.

As other members have stated. It`s the forum members that make the forum.

Personally I also have to agree with the other posters here in that signing in to a forum and finding 4 new pages of posts and 50% of it is asking the same questions that have been asked 10 times before over the last year not very interesting or helpful.

I just checked and this site has "Threads: 34,899, Posts: 403,868" and you can only find 4 things interesting a day to read. Do a little poking around and I think you`ll find more than 4 interesting things a day to read. It doesn`t have to be new to be intetresting or informative.

Most of the posters here post when they have something to contribute from personal knowledge, not on what they have heard. You will find that most forums with the more experienced people are not all that busy. L2D comes to mind, lots of good information there but not a lot of time wasting posts.

Sorry to see you feel this way about the site but not all sites are a fit for everyone. Just depends on what your looking for maybe this one is not for you, don`t know, but you`ll figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember it`s quality not quantity that counts. Experience has taught me to use the search feature, before asking a question that has already been answered. 90% of the time my question is answered. Nothing further is necessary.

My full-time job, detailing, kids and wife have slowed my forum use. I find that this time of the year I have little time to do anything. Winter Prep. is a pain.
    Mid-Michigan
    (Tri-Cities)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information