Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Satelite Tv Need Opinions

I bought a new hd tv so I went to upgrade my direct tv service to find out I needed a $99.00 receiver and would be charged $19.99 to ship it along with a $9.99 monthly rental fee. So being me I started looking around and found that I could join dishnetwork and get all the above for free and save $25.00 a month on my service. This is not the suck you in price but the end price after my 6 months of $20.00 savings.
    So my question is has anyone gone from direct tv to dish or know anything about dish network? I have comparisons on the internet and dish looks to be fine but I am telling you I am afraid to pull the trigger.
    I could use a little help here. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Satelite Tv Need Opinions

I would be interested in the answers here, I have comcast right now and they are dinging me about 200 a month...for TV, net access and phone...I looked at dish not long back and it looks like a better price....for all the same thing...My neighbor has dish and says that he loves it no connection issues
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

try this....

https://uverse1.att.com/launchAMSS.do

not sat tv but might be better..

Post Thanks / Like

We have dish network as our system. Prior to dish we had road runner cable. Dish offers more than cable but it cost more than cable. I have 100`s of channels but no high definition channels. We opted out of the high definition because all it really does is give you sports channels ...most of which you must further subscribe too. That means I do not get National Geographic on HD or a lot of other channels that I used to like to watch including my local channels. It was supposed to be a savings from our previous service all the while adding benefits. That has not turned out to be the case. We are changing back to the cable company on the 7th of this month.

If we were to do it all over again everything that the dish network says must be written down and signed by the person that is responsible for the bill. The sales people will tell you anything to get your service but when it comes to making out the bill it is entirely a different matter.

Don`t trust Dish Network and get it all in writing before signing on the dotted line. That is my advice.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like good advice in general. Are you happy with your dish network Cwad? The only reason I am looking to change is I bought a new HD tv so I am willing to pay so I can get all HD channels but I am afraid to pull the trigger and cancel direct tv but it looks like I will be doing just that. Any other dish network viewers out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Glenn, if you are willing to pay the money for Dish TV you will not be dissatisfied. The have a multitude of channels. Especially sports channels. I enjoy sports but am not a sports nut so Dish is not better for me vs. cable. I prefer the picture that I get with cable on our TV`s.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Switched from Comcast to Dish Network last year. When we switched comcast had very few hd channels and we were having service issues. If I had to do it again I still prefer dish. Lots of hd channels. Just don`t count on any rebates from Dish and you will be fine. We have had it for a year and maybe lost reception 4 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick View Post
    try this....

https://uverse1.att.com/launchAMSS.do

not sat tv but might be better..

Its TV over fiber....We are in Wisconsin. Not trying to promote my own product but its actually a real nice deal and at a good price.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Its TV over fiber....We are in Wisconsin. Not trying to promote my own product but its actually a real nice deal and at a good price.
    Good can you please come put it in my house?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick View Post
    Good can you please come put it in my house?

I know we offer it in your town
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ruttrow View Post
    Switched from Comcast to Dish Network last year. When we switched comcast had very few hd channels and we were having service issues. If I had to do it again I still prefer dish. Lots of hd channels. Just don`t count on any rebates from Dish and you will be fine. We have had it for a year and maybe lost reception 4 times.
    Great this is what I want to hear. You see direct tv holds like 70% of the pie only because they were 1st. but if you research you will see that dish network is no. 1 in service and has more channels plus more hd channels but direct tv offers more sports channels. Dish network also offers cheaper pricing packages. Again I just needed to hear from people who have dish because I have till today to cancel before they come out tuesday am.
    thanks everyone you helped allot

Post Thanks / Like

I checked for my address and its not available....I am going to go back to ATT for my services...the comcast, phone connection is not all that great
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Oh sure, I just got cable TV (Time Warner) hooked up a few weeks ago and got rid of all my ATT.

/rant

I called because my power switch broke on my modem. They said I didn`t have an account with them, after talking to 3 departments they still insisted I didn`t have an account, so I called a few days later and canceled. Just thought that was odd.

/rant
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had Dish Network service with all the HD channels they offer for the past seven years (I have seven HDTVs installed between two homes). For the longest time, Dish led DirecTV in terms of # of HD channels offered, and picture quality. That changed several months ago though, and DirecTV is the better service for HD. For instance, Dish doesn`t offer FX in HD, and has not said when they will carry it. DirecTV offers FX in HD now. Most HD channels on Dish are broadcast at 1440x1080i rather than 1920x1080i too, although resolution isn`t everything when it comes to picture quality.

The only reason I stay with Dish is that I have some specialized hardware for archiving content that only works with Dish Network.

Oh yeah, Dish Network offers better pr*n.

Post Thanks / Like

Well as far as HD is concermed no one broadcasts in 1080p, thr only way to get true 1080p is through a Blueray player or HDDVD player...

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information