Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pricing

Post Thanks / Like

new pricing

Im trying something new ..ive lowered my rates from $125.00 to $75.00. i cant get any buisness due to the poor economy ..my new approach is less work for less money ..in the past i really only wanted to do full details 125.00 and up that was for top of the line work multiple steps/ clay ..extract int ..scrub all int panels scrub off scuff marks on kick panels and fully dress int and all rubber weatherstriping . im going to switch to a express detail type job to get customers again ..im thinking wash car/ clean wheels /dress tires / vacuum int / wipe down int / clean glass / clean mats?..wipe down jambs and apply wax and thats it ..i could do this in a few hrs and keep my hourly rate about the same. im going to offer the other stuff of course but not push it so i can build a customer base again . when i get calls i say $125.00 and up and i get nothing so im going to try this ..im going to change my biz name also and re do my brouchures ..if this doesnt work im gonna hang it up but im confident in this ..my craigs list ad also has an offer for people to wash theyre own car and bring it over and ill wax it for $25.00-40.00..i dont know what else to do ...not using the extractor or all the dressing will save alot of time / money
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new pricing

Ron. I started wash and wax specials this year for those customers that had the full detail done already..it worked like a charm for me, was really easy to clean the cars once they had been cleaned previous.

Your not far off to lower the price if you can`t get the higher dollars, but then you also can`t continue doing the same level of work. For some of my customers it wouldn`t matter..

You also need to get higher end customers. they are in your area you just have to find them..they will have the $$ to pay your price...mine do
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

It`s really hard to land new customers these days. I know in my area there are so many $25 guys/kids around that selling a $200+ detail gets harder every year. I`ve done something similar for 2011 and went back to doing basic details even though I really don`t to. I have a huge tunnel wash joint to compete with and to be honest they are killing every detail business around here by offering $10 wash & wax jobs. Most of my regular clients are very loyal and won`t let anyone but me touch their vehicles, but there will always be the bargain shoppers who think $100 is absolutely outrageous. You`ve gotta do what you`ve gotta do in this business to stay afloat.

Post Thanks / Like

dave as much as i know i do the best work around here people cant afford it right now .my die hard old customers are driving the same cars as 5 yrs ago like me . on state employees furloughs have taken peoples extra money and the housing/ construction is in the crapper . im changing my biz name from proshine professional detailing service to ron`s detailing ..i think its a good time to change things for the future . i used to make 1500 a month easy and counted on it and booked jobs months in advance ..not anymore. im hoping this lower pricing will bring new customers and then the friends/ family come soon after .. moving 25 miles away didnt help and my back injury caused me to basically shut down for 2 yrs ..now the economy . im gonna give it all i got and start over basically and if it doesnt pick up in the spring ill find something else to do ..luckily i make good money at my regular job ..everyone was telling me to open a shop 4 yrs ago and i wanted to wait to get my 20 in with the state ..whew man im glad i didnt do that. here are some cars i did last year
    Attached Images Attached Images
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Well Ron understanding your market and adjusting your pricing to met its needs is 110%

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do .. but please rename it "Big Ron`s"

people like big
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

How about BIG RON`S DETAILING AND BBQ PIT..eat some lip smackin ribs while i do a half ass detail on your car all for under $100.00..i could even set up the kiddie pool on the front lawn for the kids . ya think it would work?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigron62 View Post
    How about BIG RON`S DETAILING AND BBQ PIT..eat some lip smackin ribs while i do a half ass detail on your car all for under $100.00..i could even set up the kiddie pool on the front lawn for the kids . ya think it would work?

Sounds like Toby Keith`s song Trailerhood...RON

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

have you ever been to tulare ? we have a few trailerhoods
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good here If you watch Diner`s Drive ins and Dive it has worked for other business`s

Sit down for lunch and your car is washed and waxed $99.95 for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids under 12 , extra adults $10 extra each

Post Thanks / Like
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

have you ever been to tulare ? we have a few trailerhoods
    Many times Ron...

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately that is reality

Post Thanks / Like

Good move, Ron! Interesting that you hit my numbers exactly. I was doing all my "regulars`" cars at $125. Over the past six months almost every one has said something like, "Could you just do the glass, wheels and interior this time?"

Rather than piecemeal (more importantly... to try to preserve a decent detailing income) I suggested that I do a complete detail, except only a one-step on the paint, no engine, no trunk, for $75. So far, everyone`s happy... including me!

Hey, on the BBQ topic... I cooked a 20lb Butterball turkey on a Weber, just like yours, on Christmas. Best bird I`ve ever cooked!

I`m a turkey fryer guy, but I can only do a 12 lb without blowing the patio up.

So I bought some hardwood lump charcoal, made an "indirect heat" fire, tented the turkey with foil, infused and basted with Seagram`s Wine Coolers!, and cooked it for three and a half hours. I removed the foil and let it brown for twenty additional minutes. It was AWESOME!
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post

Hey, on the BBQ topic... I cooked a 20lb Butterball turkey on a Weber, just like yours, on Christmas. Best bird I`ve ever cooked!

I`m a turkey fryer guy, but I can only do a 12 lb without blowing the patio up.

So I bought some hardwood lump charcoal, made an "indirect heat" fire, tented the turkey with foil, infused and basted with Seagram`s Wine Coolers!, and cooked it for three and a half hours. I removed the foil and let it brown for twenty additional minutes. It was AWESOME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information