Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear everybody saying they crank it up to six on the PC. I`ve done this with my MEG`s pads and they do not take it nicely. They start to seperate from the velcro and flake like a mofo all over the place. Mine are maybe four months old. Bought right before I heard of the newer version.

Question is :WHAT PADS ARE ALL YOU USING?

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, I never use the PC on 6 for this very reason - I only take it upto 5.5 and don`t really feel the need to use it on 6 anymore.
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I`m getting impatient and want the job done quicker. I need to learn how to use a rotay soon because this takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. Love the results, but......

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you`re saying... I`m looking at taking the step up to a rotary in the New Year.
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    The 7.5` VC curved edge Lake Country pads hold up without any problems on speed 6. These are the ones that are slightly larger and have the recessed cup in the back for a 6` backing plate to sit in. I started to use these pads exclusively after having velcro separation issues and cutting into the pad issues with the other types of pads. I would assume that the sonus pads with a similar design would also work in the same manor. Only problem that I have is that for the longest time I only had one of these polishing pads and was using it like 3 times per week and after a whole summer of washing the velcro was pretty well shot....but the pad was pretty well spent too...just replaced it with several more of the same and no more problems.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pugoman

FWIW, I never use the PC on 6 for this very reason - I only take it upto 5.5 and don`t really feel the need to use it on 6 anymore.

There is no 5.5 setting on a PC. You are either on 5 or 6. From 1 to 5 there are clicks between the numbers and gradual speed increases. Once you hit five there are no more clicks and no speed increase until you hit 6 than there is a big jump in speed from 5 to 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    since the D.A machine creates alot of heat, when its used on a speed higher than 4, the heat created tends to release the velcor from the foam pad itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far, the only real issue I had with my 6 to 6.5" VC LC pads is the orange one and it`s not a velcro seperated due to heat issue. It`s premature wear around the velcro itself. In fairness this was due to using a larger plate at first. I think the plate I use exclusively now on the PC for all pads this size is 4.5 or 5".
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    my megs pads hold up very well (6") and I use them on the PC on 6 all the time, very rarely under the 6 setting. Never had an issue yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottabir

my megs pads hold up very well (6") and I use them on the PC on 6 all the time.......
    That`s been my experience with the Meg`s pads also. Speed 6 doesn`t seem to hurt them, but I think they are the newer version. So far I`ve been very pleased with them.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my pads in a set from Detailer`s Paradise with my PC. I think they are LC. (I have Meg`s pads I just haven`t used yet) I`ve found that most of my detailing can be done around the 4 setting. Very seldom do I crank it up higher than that unless I`m trying to fix a problem and then it`s usually only for a minute or two at a time. Never had a problem though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I will need new ones soon, thus the question.

I`m leaning toward the edge2000 because of the deal they got going on here- http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=8881

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that the 7.5" LC VC pads with the recessed cup to be extremely durable, and hold up very, very well.

John
    2008 Subaru Outback - Obsidian Black Pearl

1997 Acura Integra - Adriatic Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

There is no 5.5 setting on a PC. You are either on 5 or 6. From 1 to 5 there are clicks between the numbers and gradual speed increases. Once you hit five there are no more clicks and no speed increase until you hit 6 than there is a big jump in speed from 5 to 6.
    My PC behaves differently to yours then. When I go past 5 there is a slight increase in speed before I hit the big 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Straight jump from 5 to 6 here. No 5.xx, but there could be differences among units. It does seem like too big of a jump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information