Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys ,

I want to polish my honda fit 2009 Black. I know and see already on my car that honda have really soft paint. What do you recommand to start pads/compund with a pc 7424.

Post Thanks / Like
    There a lot of good polishes out there. What size and color pads do you have? What`s the condition of your paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got black,white,orange pads , For the condition i will say good but with swirl marks.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the product I was thinking about Optimum Compound and after Optimum Poli-Seal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh sorry for the pads the size is 6.5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try it out and see if you like it. 6.5" pads are too big for the pc, but you might get away with it. 5.5" and 4" pads are ideal for the pc. I like Menz polishes myself, but give the OP a try since your paint is soft

Post Thanks / Like
    ok thx , I will probably buy some 4 pads and you say OP is better for soft paint , do you have try Chemical Guys ALL-IN-1 POLISH + SHINE & SEALANT ?

Post Thanks / Like
    start with the white pad and poli-seal and see where that gets you. if needed, use the optimum compound/orange and follow it up with the poli-seal/white pad...

Post Thanks / Like
    thx guys . Seriously I never see a soft paint like this . Its been only 4 months i have the car and already 2 missing spot of paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Given that you already have 6.5" pads, I would suggest that you try them out on your Honda before investing in smaller pads. Given the typical softness of Honda paint, you may not need smaller pads; indeed, a lot of people get by with 6.5" and even 7" pads with their PCs.

If you go the Optimum route, you may wish to get all three polishes--Optimum Compound, Optimum Polish, and Optimum Finishing Polish. You may discover that you do not need the stronger compound to get the correction that you need. And you may also discover that you will want the Finishing Polish to eliminate any micro-marring left by the stronger polish. Do not under-estimate the softness of Honda paint, at least on some cars--based on my very, very limited, but painful, experience.

Cheers,

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    thx for the tips , I just read your thread , I think I will start with a finishing pads black with Optimum Polish or menzerna 203.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive only been using a PC for a couple months now.. prolly like one and a half.. done about 7 or 8 cars.. including my own which is also a honda .. i got great results with meguiars mirror glaze #9... i started with a white lake county 6.5 inch pad, a couple passes until i got it how i wanted it.. then used the grey finnishing pad with #9 as well, i dont think i had to, but i did anyway to remove any buffer swirl that i might have left and not seen under halogens... in the sun my car looks great, ive posted several pictures on here... but like i said, ive only been using a pc for a little while, so take what i say with a grain of salt.. just figured id put that out there , from one honda guy to another :-).. good luck with whatever you decide to do, especially with soft black paint

Post Thanks / Like
    thx I just don`t know what to buy loll SO many products .

Thread Information