Post Thanks / Like
    I have always used LC pads and for the most part kept up with all of their pads, but I have never tried any Megs pads.

I have used a rotary for years, but recently I have been reaching for my G110 more and more. I like 6.5" pads and I recently bought a 6" backing plate for the G110 (bad idea! crazy vibrations!), I guess to evenly distribute pressure on the pads.

Will I benefit from using Megs pads over LC pads? Are they better? Will I see better results? Any difference?

Any input is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just in my case, I only reach for the Megs cutting pad when the LC pads just don`t cut it, it seems to have more cut for some reason, and it`s really smooth and easy to use. I haven`t used the other Megs pads yet, but I plan on it, just because they are pretty high quality and last a long time. For the G110 I`d use LC 4" pads, but that`s my preference.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are using a rotary, then I would say that the Soft Buff 2.0 pads are worth it. But, they seem a little big for useon a DA.

The perfect centering really helps to keep things smooth when rotary polishing.

The cutting and finishing foams are different from the originals. The finishing pad is now firmer, but has the same cut as the W9006. I like the new finishing more, too. The new cutting pad finishes much finer than the original W7006, but I really don`t have enough experience to comment on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    would agree the 7" meg 2.0 softbuff is too large for a pc. tried it with the 105/205 combo on speed 5 as recommended. bogged the pc down something fierce--even when using KB method. made sure not to use too much additional polish either. the 5.5 and 4" pads work much better with the pc imho...

Post Thanks / Like
    I find myself using Meg`s 8006 and 9006 pads more and more, replacing LC pads... I have cut pad use down to LC orange/white/black and M8006/9006 (sometimes I`ll use PFW)... from my experience, it seems like, in terms of cut and maybe finish, they go LCO, 8006, LCW, 9006/LCB...

in short, yes I would buy some Meg`s pads, but I can only recommend the older 6.5" pads as I haven`t tried the new ones and have no intention to due to their size.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Thread Information