Post Thanks / Like
    I have been hand waxing my 2004 Acura TSX for several years with Zaino Z2 w/ZFX and had great results. For some reason, my wax job last fall didn`t go as well as the others. I somehow ended up with some swirls you can only see in the sun/street lights and when it is really bright out there is slight halogramming (but it has diminished somewhat since then). I figured I`d deal with it come Spring as I`ve definitely seen worse.

Well, now that it is Spring it is time to do something about it. I purchased the PC 7424 over the winter and now I am wondering what pads and polish would be best to correct the issue. There is also a few minor scratch marks (not very deep) above one of the wheel wells I`d like to try to correct. I`ve done a lot of reading and I gather that my car has softer paint than most so I want to be sure I don`t make it worse!

I`m leaning towards the LC pads (not sure which is best for polish and then for Z2 application) and possibly 106FF or Z-PC to correct the swirls/slight halogramming.

Thoughts or recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup...you have soft paint.

I`ve had really good results with Menz FPII and IP, for years that was what I used primarily on my Acura. You could spend the extra cash for 106FF, but I don`t know if you would really notice any additional bang for your buck. Plus if you`re just detailing your own cars you can get two smaller bottles of FPII and IP (which will still last you forever) for the price of 106. You`ll be able to correct a lot more with the FPII & IP combo too.

As far as pads... get a couple LC white and orange pads, that should give you the ability to correct and polish most anything on your Acura.

Just my two cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, I was definitely leaning towards the direction you suggested... I think I will pull the trigger and give it a shot!

Thread Information