Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cordless drill/screwdriver and am looking for an attachment for a buffer/polisher to shine my shoes with. I figured this would be simple enough but I can`t seem to find one. I don`t know where else to ask but here. Does anyone know where I can find such an attachment? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusQer
    I have a cordless drill/screwdriver and am looking for an attachment for a buffer/polisher to shine my shoes with. I figured this would be simple enough but I can`t seem to find one. I don`t know where else to ask but here. Does anyone know where I can find such an attachment? Thanks!

Ever thought of using a Dremel? They have buffing wheels.

Also, hardware stores sell small cotton buffing wheels for drills, you use them with arbors that they also sell.

I was in the Army (82nd Airborne Division, so I know a thing or 2 about shining shoes) so I can relate to wanting your shoes to shine, but I`m a little worried that the speeds will be too high. Good luck, though, interesting idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to wal-mart and go back to their shoe section. I swear I saw something to polish your shoes with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a job for a Mini Power Ball. They actually make motorized shoe polishers that you step up to (with the shoes on...kind of like a bench grinder on the floor but with wool bonnets on it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Sounds like a job for a Mini Power Ball. They actually make motorized shoe polishers that you step up to (with the shoes on...kind of like a bench grinder on the floor but with wool bonnets on it).

thats what i was originally gonna get, but i could probably get the drill attachment for 1/10 of the price. i also have a PC maybe ill just get a bonnet or something.

what is the ball thing that was mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusQer
    ........what is the ball thing that was mentioned?
    Mothers Original PowerBall.

Mothers PowerBall Mini.

You might be able to find them at Wal-Mart, I think that`s where I found my Mini PowerBall. Not sure how well they`d work on shoes, but they`re handy to have around for detailing.

You could buy a Spot Buff Kit with 4" pads with an adapter that would fit in a drill...... a little pricey just for shoes.

Then there is a Buff` n Shine Kit for shoes, or this bare bones Buff` N Shine........ also might be available at Target.

I like to do anything by machine that`s possible, but I personally think a good old fashioned shoe brush might do a better job getting into all the crevices of a shoe.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    These little guys might work good. Foam Polishing Pad 3"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi fusQer - I was in the same boat, it seemed like there was nothing, not even industrial stuff, then I came across this:

Buffer Bit | Re-Define Your Shine!

Check them out bud.

Kamikiza

Post Thanks / Like
    Microfiber pads for fast correction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    Go to wal-mart and go back to their shoe section. I swear I saw something to polish your shoes with.

Maybe this- link: Presto Shine on Shoe Polisher, Electric Shoe Polisher, Shoe Care Kit

Somebody else had `em in their catalog, but I can`t remember who it was...maybe Brookstone.

I`m still doing mine the manual way, but I can see how this`d speed things up.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw Eliot Ness as a poster, I knew it was an old thread.

Yup, we`re replying to a 6 year old thread so those shoes are probably really shiny by now. Of course, if the original poster were female, those old shoes would probably have another 300 pairs of companions so let`s find a heavy duty polisher for the OP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC
    When I saw Eliot Ness as a poster, I knew it was an old thread...

Yeah...hope he`s doing well these days.

Yup, we`re replying to a 6 year old thread so those shoes are probably really shiny by now....

Does bring up something I often wonder about though...do most Autopians keep everything in their lives as nice as they keep their vehicles? I would think so, but people can be funny :nixweiss

Thread Information