Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If you add a wax topper to Blackfire and then want to add additional layers after, you would have to strip the carnuba first like you would do with Klasse...right?? Im assuming Dawn would do the trick without stripping the Blackfire??

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your assumption is correct, but I am not so sure that DAWN will not remove at least some of the BF (or Z for that matter).

BF does state the wax needs to be removed though.
    2002 ABP @

* debadged 3.2TLType-S and A C U R A

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the blackfire application guide said that if you wanted to remove the wax over blackfire just use the bf polish. It said something about the polish not being harsh enought to strip out blackfire sealent. I`m not so sure about that, but that is what i remember reading

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure they say that using the Blackfire Polish will remove the sealant... I`ll have to dig around and find my booklet
    -Chip

2002 Subaru WRX (World Rally Blue Pearl), 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano (Black)

http://www.fastalfas.com

Post Thanks / Like
    -- CUT & PASTED FROM BF FAQ

On subsequent details, can I apply Gloss Enhancing Polish on top of All Finish Paint Protection?

Yes. The gentle cleaners in Gloss Enhancing Polish will remove road grime, salt and mineral deposits that car wash shampoos can’t touch. After polishing, remember to finish with All Finish Paint Protection as the final, top coating. Gloss Enhancing Polish has no protective properties. If you do not have time to do both steps (polish & protect), just wipe on another coat of All Finish Paint Protection.

========================

From the sound of it, it does remove BF sealent.

I think DAWN will be just fine to remove the carnauba topper, and it`s not necessary to use the polish anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to [put the wax topper n you are just going to have to live with the fact that layering BF properly is going to be allmost impossible. Dawn will strip the wax and possibly the BF (i know that DavidB said that Dawn stripped both BF and zaino, and Don said that Dawn stripped his klasse). Yes, the BF polish, like any polish will remove sealant. Just layer the BF, three times, then if you want come back the next day and add more. See how it looks. If you really want the wax topper, then go ahead, but i wouldnt recomend it. BF, especially when layered, has a reallydeep, wet, warm wax look to it, which is why i got it, as to not mess with a wax topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t think of a good reason to top BF with wax. The protection from BF is as good and will last longer than a wax. The look of BF mimics a high quality wax look. One of the reasons I tried BF was to get the sealant/wax look without having to resort to the wax layer. BF sheets water which diminishes water spots (to a certain extent), whereas wax beads water leaving more water spots. You can layer additional BF on every no and then to refresh the shine.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the BF says about carnauba topper, during their own testing sometimes they see a difference but sometimes they don`t; therefore the outcome won`t be the same for everyone. You may or may not get better result, but it`s unknow until you try it on your own car/paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! I didnt know that DAWN would take of Zaino or Klasse!!

I know they advise you to use the Blackfire QD..Its pretty expensive compared to FI..I wonder how FI would work with it?? I should be getting my order in very soon and hope to apply it to my flame red Dakota..I know they say that if you use a wax topper then you cant use the Blackfire QD..Lots of experimenting to do!!!!

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    lone wolf -- FI does work (very well IMO) with BF.

Most of the reviews I`ve seen from other BF users think the BF QD is great and works really well with the BF system. I have had a little trouble with BF QD hazing, but since its so darn cold here I can`t blame it on the product. And when I say cold, I mean COLD! It may not be hazing, just freezing.

Most other users say the BF QD comes off clean and easy. I`ve had more success in the cold with FI on the BF protectant.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

WOW!! I didnt know that DAWN would take of Zaino or Klasse!!</blockquote>

Lone Wolf:

These are words from Sal Zaino:

Dawn does not remove Zaino and neither will white Vinegar....
    Repeated Claying of the paint surface will eventually remove Zaino....

Post Thanks / Like

Removing Scratches on interior wood grain

What are you all using to polish out scratches on the interior wood grain trim. I have used Poorboys PwS with a fair amount of sucess, and was wondering what everyone else uses.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with polishing out the wood is you have no idea how thick the coating is. Having said that, I have used Menz 106 before with good results. For regular spiffing up, I use DG 501.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remove and reshoot the clear coat Da Rules!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Remove and reshoot the clear coat Da Rules!
    How would you go about doing that?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information