Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Rubber Mat Dressing

What are you guys using to dress rubber/vinyl floor mats? I am trying to find something that will dress them nicely but does not make them slick. I thought that Duragloss 253 was my answer but I had a customer complain of the slickness that it left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rubber Mat Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    What are you guys using to dress rubber/vinyl floor mats? I am trying to find something that will dress them nicely but does not make them slick. I thought that Duragloss 253 was my answer but I had a customer complain of the slickness that it left behind.
    Something I to have had problems with, and it really does make the mats look better when put back in the car.

I`ve had good success with Stoners Trim Shine...spray on and let sit in the sun to finish drying..gives them a non-glossy matted finish.

Another one was PB NL but you have to buff the rubber to get it even and take away the slickness
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had great success with Einszett Deep Plastic Cleaner..
    It cleans really well, leaves a satin non slippery finish, and smells great..
    Not the most inexpensive product, but my Clients all have nice vehicles and their all weather mats need to look as great as the carpeting underneath..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Did one car with Sonus trim and motor kote. Mats turned out really well and weren`t slippery.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    Dressing floormats is a rookie move. You will continue to get complaints (and possibly sued) if you keep practicing this method

Post Thanks / Like

Weathertech has a kit for cleaning and dressing rubber mats.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I`d be afraid to dress a rubber floormat. Simply for the idea of getting sued. I usually just clean the floor mat, gas and brake pedals and just leave them. Not worth risking someone getting in an accident because their foot slipped off the pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Weathertech FloorLiner is a non slip protectant when allowed to dry on the mat. They state specifically:

•Dries with no residue
    •Anti-slip finish makes it the ideal maintenance product for floor liners and mats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Dressing floormats is a rookie move. You will continue to get complaints (and possibly sued) if you keep practicing this method
    Live and learn.....see post #8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Yeah I`d be afraid to dress a rubber floormat. Simply for the idea of getting sued. I usually just clean the floor mat, gas and brake pedals and just leave them. Not worth risking someone getting in an accident because their foot slipped off the pedal

I saw an accident caused by tire dressing in my younger days (16-18 years old). I worked at a car wash during my high school years and whenever someone would come through with a really sporty car we would always tell them to get on it when they would leave. Stupid and immature, yes. Anyhow, one day a woman brought her husbands brand new Subaru WRX STi in for a wash on a Sunday. So of course some of the guys start talking to her about it and joking with her to get on it when she left. Little did everyone know, one of the guys that worked at the car wash put tire dressing on the sides and on top of the tire. I have no clue why he did this? Maybe he was just being stupid and playing around? I don`t really remember? Well, of course some of the guys started hounding her and when she left she hammered it! The car never gained traction and slid into the median and almost flipped over on to its side. After the accident the gentlemen that owned the car walked over to the car wash and started asking everyone if we told her to get on it. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Rubber Mat Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Weathertech FloorLiner is a non slip protectant when allowed to dry on the mat. They state specifically:

•Dries with no residue

•Anti-slip finish makes it the ideal maintenance product for floor liners and mats
    Have you used it on floor mats other then WeatherTechs? Just curious if it will work as good.

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty I have not used it at all. I simply copied what was on their website but I can`t see the product being non slip on only Weather Tech rubber.

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty I have not used it at all. I simply copied what was on their website but I can`t see the product being non slip on only Weather Tech rubber.
    I appreciate you fussing up that you actually have no experience with the product you`ve endorsed. That takes a lot of character, so I respect that

I`ve used probably a dozen or more water based dressings (never this one) over the years on various surfaces - floormats included. Each and every time when the surface gets wet (rain) the water based product re-activates

It`s been my experience people are content with just the mats being clean

Thanks again for being honest Rick. That character triat is becoming as rare as common sense

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Trouble. As far as honesty goes I know no other way. It was the same with my customers when I detailed for a living. Age, lard, and the relentless heat/humidity here put a stop to my detailing. It`s one hell of a note to realize you are mortal. It took me 65 years to figure that out.

Also I did not endorse it, I only posted what the manufacturer said. If it came across as an endorsement then I apologize for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Trouble. As far as honesty goes I know no other way. It was the same with my customers when I detailed for a living. Age, lard, and the relentless heat/humidity here put a stop to my detailing. It`s one hell of a note to realize you are mortal. It took me 65 years to figure that out.

Also I did not endorse it, I only posted what the manufacturer said. If it came across as an endorsement then I apologize for that.
    I will only forgive you if you will forgive me for being an

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information