Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CQ Fabric & Leather Coating

I just got a few bottles.

It doesn`t seem like it has UV protection ??

Any tips or ticks in using/application?

Any other suggestions on a different product to use?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQ Fabric & Leather Coating

I had a bad experience with that stuff last year. It turned our light grey seats into a splotchy white mess. Thank God I used it on our personal car before I used it on a clients. I hate to put down any Carpro product, especially without knowing if user error played a roll in it or not, but for the price of it I was disappointed. I`ll take something in an aerosol like HD Fabric any day.

Post Thanks / Like
    His stuff works well for me on black seats. It seems to be solvent based, so you want to apply it thinly and spread it quickly. A MF applicator works best - but you can use foam. This stuff takes a long time to completely dry - maybe 12 hours IME. It says it has UV protection - at least I recall reading it someplace.

It seems quite durable to me. But you have to use it sparingly and spread it quickly. I use it on leather only - not on cloth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I had a bad experience with that stuff last year. It turned our light grey seats into a splotchy white mess. Thank God I used it on our personal car before I used it on a clients. I hate to put down any Carpro product, especially without knowing if user error played a roll in it or not, but for the price of it I was disappointed. I`ll take something in an aerosol like HD Fabric any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    His stuff works well for me on black seats. It seems to be solvent based, so you want to apply it thinly and spread it quickly. A MF applicator works best - but you can use foam. This stuff takes a long time to completely dry - maybe 12 hours IME. It says it has UV protection - at least I recall reading it someplace.

It seems quite durable to me. But you have to use it sparingly and spread it quickly. I use it on leather only - not on cloth.
    Thanks guys.

Now I have 2 different opinions. When I first read Nathan`s post, I said to myself "ok, just on carpet and mats then".........

Then leather and not cloth

Any other experiences, or comments?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad to know it works well on leather. I`ve been too gun shy to try it again, but I`m interested to see how it works for others. I didnt run into issues with our carpet, but the cloth seats were a different story. This stuff is durable though..I can vouch for that. I didnt think I was ever going to get it off of the seats lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it in clothe- didn`t like it either.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 with black leather interior and suede center seat inserts.
    The client had spilled a doggie box of pasta all over the rear seat & stained it pretty bad.

Once I cleaned the suede and let it dry a few days I treated the black suede with CQ F&L.
    I had all kinds of fears especially on suede. I used the microfiber applicator & had no issues.

I did all the leather seats, the leather dash, and any other cloth as well as the floor mats.
    I didn`t have any problems with it turning white. I think the trick was using the mf applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Still wondering about UV protection.

Autopia says it does protect, AG doesn`t say anything

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the exact same experience with it. I used it on my black leather seats a few months back and I honestly say I hate this stuff. It went on entirely to thick and almost never dried. Now it has left white spots on my leather that I am slowly finding all the time. I hate to say it, but I honestly think it is overrated. I won`t buy it again, especially at its price. Looking back at it, I don`t even know why I bought it? Most things wipe right off leather anyway.

On a side note, I will be looking into other fabric guards. I can get scotch guard in a large quantity from a family member and might just give HD fabric a try.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad to know it works well on leather. I`ve been too gun shy to try it again, but I`m interested to see how it works for others. I didnt run into issues with our carpet, but the cloth seats were a different story. This stuff is durable though..I can vouch for that. I didnt think I was ever going to get it off of the seats lol.

How did you get it off the leather? I was thinking some OPC might work, but would love to hear what you used.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    How did you get it off the leather? I was thinking some OPC might work, but would love to hear what you used.
    Our seats aren`t leather, they are light grey cloth. I scrubbed them with some Car Brite dry foam and a wool pad on the DeWalt. Almost needed to add some compound to the mix lmao.This stuff is durable as hell.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have cloth I`d go with 303, as far as uv protection. Ron, trust me when I say this... It is expensive but if it`s your baby you really gotta do these two things.

Uv protection, your better off going for the glass instead of having to reapply product every so often. Here what I have on my car, yes the windshield. Llumar air blue 80, they are a very light 80% tint that is light blue and extremely uv protectant. I have it on my windshield and sunroof... WOW is all I can say. Ceramic tints are the way to go, I have ctx 40`s on the sides for a bit of privacy. They absolutely kill the heat and glare.

The 2nd thing is on the outside of the windshield, clearplex. The clearplex film should stop bugs, pitting and debris from destroying the windshield on the outside, while the tint protects from uv and glare on the inside.

Just a tip

Post Thanks / Like

Using it only for carpets/matts, and steering wheel

Any thoughts on dp leather coating for seats? Or just PB natural look or 303

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    If you have cloth I`d go with 303, as far as uv protection. Ron, trust me when I say this... It is expensive but if it`s your baby you really gotta do these two things.

Uv protection, your better off going for the glass instead of having to reapply product every so often. Here what I have on my car, yes the windshield. Llumar air blue 80, they are a very light 80% tint that is light blue and extremely uv protectant. I have it on my windshield and sunroof... WOW is all I can say. Ceramic tints are the way to go, I have ctx 40`s on the sides for a bit of privacy. They absolutely kill the heat and glare.

The 2nd thing is on the outside of the windshield, clearplex. The clearplex film should stop bugs, pitting and debris from destroying the windshield on the outside, while the tint protects from uv and glare on the inside.

Just a tip
    Not sure the film would work with the head up display. Seems like it`s a special windshield since it states on the label hud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information