Post Thanks / Like

Steamer - Do I need one?

My current process for cleaning most interiors is OPC, a brush and microfiber towels. This process does work pretty well but is time consuming. I spent about 6 hours this week on a well neglected interior. Every square inch of vinyl/plastic had a brown film of dirt and sweat that had built up over a number of years. Time used to not be as much of an issue when I was just detailing as a hobby, but now that it has turned into a full time business, I have got to start looking for more efficient processes to cut down on time. I would like to get some feedback from you guys that are using steamers. Are they a big time saver ? Are there some units that you could recommend for under $1000.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steamer - Do I need one?

The only cheaper unit I recommend is the Mytee Firebird. Its not a VX or Dupray, but it gets the job done. It will speed you up a little, but real efficiency comes from your entire process. If you want a real time saver, invest in a good air compressor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    The only cheaper unit I recommend is the Mytee Firebird. Its not a VX or Dupray, but it gets the job done. It will speed you up a little, but real efficiency comes from your entire process. If you want a real time saver, invest in a good air compressor.
    I do have a good air compressor. Are you possibly suggesting using the tornado ? Have you had any experience with this unit ? It looks interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get by without one. A good steamer will make life easier tho. This is the route I took and have no regrets

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G00BTEA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com - McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System - Carpet Steam Cleaners[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a Tornador and love it, especially for carpet. I use this more than any other tool when I have access to a compressor though. Best air gun ever made..ever
    Typhoon 1/4 In NPT Blow Gun w/ High Flow Tip:Amazon:Home Improvement

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a Tornador and love it, especially for carpet. I use this more than any other tool when I have access to a compressor. Best air gun ever made..ever
    Typhoon 1/4 In NPT Blow Gun w/ High Flow Tip:Amazon:Home Improvement
    Bet that thing will get those pesky cookie crumbs from between the seats

Post Thanks / Like

Its awesome for that kind of stuff. The rear deck panel in most cars that gather dead bugs and crap is a breeze with it too. It puts out a really hard blast of air, but its not coming from a single hole in the tip so its really safe. It appears at first glance that the air is coming from the pointed tip, but its actually coming from 10 or 12 holes that surround it. Its a really cool design.

Post Thanks / Like

Its awesome for that kind of stuff. The rear deck panel in most cars that gather dead bugs and crap is a breeze with it too. It puts out a really hard blast of air, but its not coming from a single hole in the tip so its really safe. It appears at first glance that the air is coming from the pointed tip, but its actually coming from 10 or 12 holes that surround it. Its a really cool design.
    It`s in my basket. Bet it works great at blowing water out of crevices too

Thread Information