Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    She wants something very small on the space below her belly to the left, but above her(ahem) :lol . I really dislike the things. I almost get sick everytime I think about her having one, especially there. She has put off getting one because she says that she dosent want to have anything on her body that will make me that unhappy. Pretty nice if you ask me. But I know she really wants one and I feel bad for being that unopen on the idea. But everytime I think it might not be that bad, I get that sick feeling again. Am I crazy for thinking this, or do I need to stop being a bitc* and let her get one? :hairpull
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I say let her go for it, as long as it`s not a cartoon character

But, I may not be the best person to give any advice since my wife and I both have tattoos as do my parents and sisters, brother-in-law, etc....

What specifically turns you off about tattoos? Do you not like the idea of altering one`s body? Or, do you just think they look trashy? I personally subscribe to the general idea that "our body`s a temple, let`s paint the walls." Obviously, there are a heck of a lot of tattoos out there that I would never let adorn my body though.

If she does go through with it, make sure she goes to a reputable studio that sterilizes their equipment and uses fresh needles and ink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get her a non-permanent try-on tattoo..see how you guys like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like tattoo`s on girls so I am the wrong person to comment on this I guess - but the spot she is picking is not a good one, imo. If she ever gets pregnant (just sayin`) it will stretch and look terrible, and never go back to the way it will be when she first gets it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with PICUS on the streching note. Have you told your gf about how sick you get about a tatoo on her? I woudl hope that if you told her how you felt she might reconsider. But ultimatly its up to her.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, she is your `girlfriend` and not your wife. Unless you`ve had serious discussions about marriage, I wouldn`t push the issue too hard. Just tell her you love her just the way she is.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    How about taking a minute and thinking outside the box? What if you would make this a joint project? Help her to decide on a tattoo and the location. And the most important part, finding a quality professional artist. If you help to make the decisions, you might be able to tolerate her getting a tattoo much easier.

I wanted a tattoo since I was 12, and everbody in my family had a cow evertime I brought it up. I made a comment a couple of time to my fiance, and had the same result. Finally I didn`t care who didn`t like it, and told her that I WANT one, and she came with to see what I had picked when I went in to make the appointment. She liked what I had picked and where I planned on putting it. To make a long story short, she helped me pick out the next 3 and she ended up getting one herself and is thinking about her second.

If a person wants one bad enuff they will get one, why not make it a shared project. Thier is a huge differance from a work of art applied by a quality professional and something put on by a hacker.

Just think about it for a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed that tattooed people are much more prevalent when I have been on my travels in the US than here in OZ. That is not to say that there are a lot of people here that have them but just not nearly as many as in the US.

My wife has been tempted, as her sister got one a while back, but she always thinks, "a tatt will look really stupid when I am old and grey.

Good advice from earlier replies IMO, it is down to the individual.
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I told her that if she did get one, that I wanted to be there for the procedure. I dont think they look trashy, its just that, right now, I think her body is perfect, and I dont want to have anything on it that isnt to me. I dont think she will get one because of how bad I dont like them, but I still feel bad for not letting her get one. She has wanted one for about 3yrs.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Well, she is your `girlfriend` and not your wife. Unless you`ve had serious discussions about marriage, I wouldn`t push the issue too hard. Just tell her you love her just the way she is.

I must agree with you. Girlfriend is just that. I stress the friend part.......Even my wife has them and if she want more then is her “bagâ€. It is her body and not mind. I am not a control freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultimately it`s up to her. The temporary tattoo is a good idea, though it may persuade her to get one since they look pretty good while they`re on. Do you know any `older` ladies with tattoos? Maybe ask them to show theirs (if it`s not in an, er, inconspicuous spot) and see what they think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSi
    body? Or, do you just think they look trashy?

That`s my take on it. I don`t mean this as advice, just my way of looking at it: if I had a girlfriend who got a tattoo, started smoking or decided to do some "body piercing", both of us would be newly free and available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi57
    I have noticed that tattooed people are much more prevalent when I have been on my travels in the US than here in OZ. That is not to say that there are a lot of people here that have them but just not nearly as many as in the US.

Yeah, you`re right about that, and it`s just about everywhere outside of the U.S. (I don`t know about Canada). It`s really bizarre for me when I go back to the States, and half the people, both male and female are walking around sporting tattos, and other things . I guess pretty soon it`ll be really trendy to walk around with a chicken leg bone through your nose, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon, I`m with you. I don`t like tatoos either. I don`t mind if people I know have them, just not those close to me. I can`t explain why I don`t like them, I just don`t. I think if my wife were to say she wanted one, I`d feel sick also.

Post Thanks / Like
    if I had a girlfriend who got a tattoo, started smoking or decided to do some "body piercing", both of us would be newly free and available.[/QUOTE]

Well i`m not quite that extreme, but I still dont like them. I told her that if she did get one, I would still love her the same, and not think anyless of her, but just not like that little 2square inch part of her body.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information