Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Post your `work` you did this week-end:

Me, another car wash, followed by Speed Shine.

Had a nail in my new tires, had to get it plugged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Washed my WRX, Z6ed (is that a verb?), tossed on a coat of Z5, another round of Z6, dressed tires and lower body cladding, vacuumed (new 1.0 gallon ShopVac that I found for less than $20, not bad), removed a stain from the back seat, and spot-cleaned my driver`s floor mat (whew). If there`s decent light this evening, I may have some pics.

And, to really make my weekend a good one, I found out my gf`s sister and brother-in-law just bought a black 2001 Expedition . . . looks like I have a new project.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the Blitz wax on, washed it and QD`ed the car. Got the windows tinted as well.

Now my 99 Camaro SS looks decent. Got to get new rims/tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picked up my New Passat on Saturday. About a 100 mile drive home. Pickup my first ROCK CHIP on the trip!!!!!

Sunday list of items.

1. Washed with Ivory just checking things out.

2. Washed with Dawn finding all kinds of nasty.

3. Clay Bar the hood and Nose (Erazer)

4. 2x AIO Klasse (my first time, this stuff is killer)

5. 1x SG Klasse, It did not look like I put on to much but was killer

to get off.

I spent a total of about 8 hours!!!!! I guess I am not very fast.

Planning on 2 more rounds with SG and not sure about topper. I have used Blitz for a few years. I was told that Collinite has a more durable finish, might give it a try.

New Passat has 3 spots that dust was paited over.

It also stunk!!!! The dealer claims that their detail dept uses 3M glass cleaner that leaves behind a BO like smell. Not Cool.

It is very upsetting to pay this kind of money for a car and find paint like this. It`s not the end of the world, I have never had a car the drives and rides this nice.

I would like to thank this forum for some great information. Looking forward to getting more involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new arrival, Matt! Check out my German auto in my link below, got it 10 days ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent a couple hours on Saturday washing my Yellow Integra Type R with Zaino z7, wiped down with z6, then put another coat of z5 on it. Dont have pictures because my sis-in-law borrowed my digital cam and it rained all day sunday!!

Was going to wash the BMW and put another coat of z2 on but obviously, it wouldnt work out! It will have to wait another week or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am ashamed to say.....<strong class=`bbc`>nothing![/b]

My dogs tracked mud onto the family room/living room carpet, so I spent the morning with the Hoover steam vac cleaning the downstairs carpets. We had a family function to go to in the afternoon, then I was off to work at the firehouse at 6:00PM. I had all intentions of washing and QD`ing my truck at the firehouse, but duty called (someone had the bright idea to spray WD40 on the bearings of his clothes dryer`s motor while it was running, igniting the WD40 and the dryer lint, starting a fire in the dryer! ).

Please forgive me, Brothers and Sisters of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish... I will wash and QD my truck tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good Ripsnort! I don`t have access to a Dig cam right now. Hope to soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I removed all the wheels on my Jag and washed with EF HI Cleaner, then used cotton rags (wash cloths) and medical swabs to individually cleaned the chrome rims, knock-off spinner and 58 stainless steel spokes on each wheel. I applied EF Clear Pearl QD to all surfaces.

Finally, I applied EagleOne Concours Satin tire dressing to the inside and outside of the tire.

I`m getting ready for a big concours so I am doing a little each weekend. My back hurts, my fingers are sore and cut up and I have about 20 rags to wash and 100 swabs to pick up.

Phew!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 4mo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Looking good Ripsnort! I don`t have access to a Dig cam right now. Hope to soon. [/b]</blockquote>
    I don`t have one either, just checked the "Develope CD" at the photo shop. So, I got prints and a CD..then uploaded them. Actually, the quality is crappy, so I`m using my Pentax camera instead of my wifes instamatic for the next round of pics.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Brad [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I removed all the wheels on my Jag and washed with EF HI Cleaner, then used cotton rags (wash cloths) and medical swabs to individually cleaned the chrome rims, knock-off spinner and 58 stainless steel spokes on each wheel. I applied EF Clear Pearl QD to all surfaces.

Finally, I applied EagleOne Concours Satin tire dressing to the inside and outside of the tire.

I`m getting ready for a big concours so I am doing a little each weekend. My back hurts, my fingers are sore and cut up and I have about 20 rags to wash and 100 swabs to pick up.

Phew! [/b]</blockquote>
    WOW! (Passes Ibprofin over)

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Gonzo0903 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I am ashamed to say.....<strong class=`bbc`>nothing![/b]

My dogs tracked mud onto the family room/living room carpet, so I spent the morning with the Hoover steam vac cleaning the downstairs carpets. We had a family function to go to in the afternoon, then I was off to work at the firehouse at 6:00PM. I had all intentions of washing and QD`ing my truck at the firehouse, but duty called (someone had the bright idea to spray WD40 on the bearings of his clothes dryer`s motor while it was running, igniting the WD40 and the dryer lint, starting a fire in the dryer! ).

Please forgive me, Brothers and Sisters of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish... I will wash and QD my truck tonight! [/b]</blockquote>
    Hehe, my wife is an intensive care Burn unit RN, she once had a patient who claimed he was using WD40 to ease the pain of arthritis of his pet chicken by spraying it on the legs of the chicken while doing it in an enclosed space...while supposedly doing this, he lit a cigarette...Poof! He was on fire! The nurses all got a laugh when his mother backed the story up.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://autopia-carport.com/forum/sho...2035#post32035

Maybe some of you remember a recent thread involving Ron Ketcham and I concerning the mottled appearance of the leather seats in my Expedition. Well, I decided to actually read the instructions on the back of the bottle of Zaino leather cleaner and it said to spray it on, then use a soft brush to work it around, then wipe off with a towel.

I did this pretty aggressively, using a nice soft nylon brush. They came completely clean! Yippee ki yay! Followed that up with a quite liberal application of Leather In A Bottle. The seats look very, very nice now. I couldn`t believe how much stuff came off on the towel. And not just on the driver`s seat. Yuck.

Also, I really wiped down the black running boards with 303 Aerospace Protectant using a cheap MF towel and plenty of 303. They may be a bit slick now but they look perfect. Probably not for more than a week or so - I`ll let you know. I have seen a least one post that intoned that they did not know what to use on these. Try it out, you`ll like it.

When I wash the truck, I also clean the wheel wells with a wheel brush and spray the plastic fender wells with 303, making sure I get every bit of it. Makes the truck look brand new. Also 303 on the black plastic below the front chrome fender, rear bumper plastic, and all of the interior vinyl (an Expedition has 6,000 pounds of vinyl - did you know that?) I use Zaino tire dressing on the tires - love that stuff.

I did a quick engine detail the first time I detailed the truck. That just involved cleaning with a bit of elbow grease and using 303 on everything plastic or rubber. Still looked good! And don`t forget to wipe those wiper blades with 303 or something.

I always apply Z2 to the outside windows. I cleaned the inside with an MF and a little straight Rubbing Alcohol because there were some smears that were not coming off using water or Windex. Now they are perfect.

Then I hit it with Z6 the following day and it looks great. I am now waiting about 24 hours before applying Z6 to give the last coat of Zaino plenty of time to cross-link.

Ripsnort, I didn`t see your picture. I`ll look for it. May just be the site or my ISP acting up again.
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doh! Now I see your picture. Looks very nice. I`m sure the scanned instamatic pic doesn`t entirely do it justice!
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this one Cowboy, several pics, but I apologize for the resolution, lousy camera makes for lousy pics...using my Pentax for next set of photos...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...1590&f=0&vt=vp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information