Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently have two coats of KAIO on my silver 2001 Civic as well as my 2001 BMW 330i. I allowed for a 1 week cure time for both cars. The first coats were applied when the cars were about 1 month old. I didn`t do much in terms of surface prep because I didn`t know better back then, but I wouldn`t imagine the surfaces to be so bad that it would affect the quality of the KAIO coat because they were both only a month old and I was washing frequently.

My question is, if the protective qualities of Klasse really last 4-6 months, then why is the slickness gone after 2 weeks and two washes? Is this normal? I ran my hand over the paint two weeks after applying the second coat and it almost feels like there is nothing there. How do I know that KAIO is still providing protection for my cars? Granted, I don`t have any coats of KSG on it yet, but is adding a few coats of KSG going to suddenly allow the cars to be slick for months? When I wash the car, there is a decent amount of beading, but it can be described as more of a sheeting action (I think this topic was discussed in a previous thread), but I wouldn`t feel comfortable in assuming that just because my car beads, it`s being protected from the elements. I guess I just need to feel some slickness when I run my hand over the car.

Can someone tell me if this is the way Klasse products work? Also, is this why people feel the need to top their Klasse coats with a traditional wax like Blitz?

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about you put on some KSG, everytime I see someone complain that AIO isnt good enough "Oh I havent put on any KSG tho" well Duh! if AIO was as good as SG then no one would buy it would they, I dont think SG is that slick but it looks better, and it stays there for months, then put some wax on top.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the reason he was asking was because CMA and Klasse both say it last 4-6 Months without KSG.

Post Thanks / Like
    There seem to be some conflicting reports on KLASSE reguarding slickness, durability, water beading vs sheeting,etc,etc. I think it might be due to application methods, I wish SNAKE would post that info he promised he would when he talked to Bob about product usage, limitations,etc,etc. My trial with KLASSE went ok, but slickness is not there and it sheets on horizontal surfaces. I am gonna try showroom lincoln`s method of applying a HEAVY coat of SG, and letting it dry over an hour to see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    DK,

If you plan on going heavy, be sure that humidty is low. We had 90% humidty yesterday, and I`m still sore from trying to buff off the KSG. I wont try that again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO removes the previous layer of AIO that you put down a few weeks ago...it contains cleaner polishes. Use SG ontop of AIO! Really helps wit the durablility.

Post Thanks / Like
    RH- Squirt a little water or Quick Detailer on there. Really helps that extra SG come off easy

Post Thanks / Like
    RH,

I take a Miracle Towel and run it under water, and then wring it out really well. That way the towel is damp. I use this method quite often, and it takes thick layer of SG off quite easily. Keep a spray bottle of water handy and mist the towel as needed to keep the towel damp.

Post Thanks / Like
    A towel with a little SG on it makes it very easyo to buff off dried SG.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    SG strips SG...the hi solvents will soften it up in no time....another reason to wait the full cure time before attempting to layer. Also KLASSE is water soluble, so a damp towel will help too just a S.L. explained.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying that you have to wait several days before layering SG ?

I let it `cure` to a haze (like a traditional wax, except thinner, obviously) then go back and buff it up. DO you think it takes longer to cure ?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AutoBob [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I let it `cure` to a haze (like a traditional wax, except thinner, obviously) then go back and buff it up. DO you think it takes longer to cure ?

Bob [/b]</blockquote>
    Bob,

I`m not sure it`s necessary, but I`ve seen great results allowing at least 24 hours between layers. I`ve been calling this tiem between layers "cure" time, and the time the product is left on the car before buffing "dry" time...not sure it means anything.

All the current debate is about exactly how much "cure" time, if any, is necessary. I did it from a simple man`s approach - to me, if a polymer is given time to harden, layers will work better.

PLus, it fits my schedule better, I can do a layer, or part of one, in the evening.

blue skies,
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Powerslave, your answer is about as good as your grammar. Thanks for the input though. I guess it`ll come in handy. My question might have seemed a bit idiotic in your eyes, but for me, I just needed to know why the slickness in Klasse is gone after two weeks and I`ve also heard that KSG loses it`s slickness pretty quickly too. Furthermore, there isn`t very much beading when it`s washed.....so what proof is there that the car is being protected except for the shine (and will the shine last longer than a month or so?).

As for the rest of you, thanks for the info. Any further comments would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the middle of my KLASSE test, so I will keep my mouth shut till I try a few more modifications on application style

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailking, does Zaino still bead after two months without any additional layers? Also how is it`s shine after two months?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information