Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Whay cant you apply a wax over zaino. It seems like KLasse that you would bet the best of both worlds by topping the zaino with a carnauba. Will the wax just not bond...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino has a great shine already....why not just put another layer of zaino on deepen the shine. Zaino is also optically perfect...why would you want to put something on top of it that adds oils and a tint to the color of the car? It defeats the whole purpose of the product. I don`t know any zaino users that do this, you just don`t need to!

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent email to Zaino yesterday asking the same question, this is the answer I got from Sal Zaino...

Q.

>Also would I need to put on a coat of carnuba wax over >the z2 when it is all done.

A.

No!!!!. Do not put wax on top of Zaino.

Zaino Show Car Polish is 99.9% optically perfect. Do not put anything on top of Zaino except Zaino. That would defeat the whole purpose of my product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty orthodox in my Zaino use. I respect Sal and have found DK`s advice and views to be sound.

That said, although the experiment will likely be a failure, it would be cool is someone DID the experiment and put a high quality wax on top of their Z, taking before and after shots. Then we would have direct evidence. I would volunteer, but I am still building coats of Z and the wax would interfere.

Has anyone done this? Anyone want to volunteer?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Pinnacle Paste Glaz over Zaino on a white car. I am happy to reveal the world did not come to an end, little to no loss in shine and I got what I wanted more protection for the paint. The Zaino layer was being stained which I did not like. As to Zaino being 99.9 optically perfect, sounds like marketing mumbo to me, great shine yes, optically perfect, have my doubts.
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean that Klasse is not optically perfect? Using Klasse without the top layer of Blitz will not achieve perfect results?

Post Thanks / Like
    nothing is opticaly perfect, not even glass. I respect Sal and DK but its not about having an opticaly perfect shine, but something that looks great. I was just wondering if a good wax can add more depth and warmth to the zaino. Sure it is superficial in a sense seeing as it wont last long and you are putting some oils over the zaino, i was just curious why no one has done this before...

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone please explain the term "warmth" in terms of their car finish? I often see this descriptive term being used and have no idea what it means(in terms of a car`s polish, wax, or paint job.)

Here are the definitions of warmth that I find:

1)The state, sensation, or quality of producing or having a moderate degree of heat: an agreeable warmth in the house.

2)Friendliness, kindness, or affection: human warmth.

3)Excitement or intensity, as of love or passion; ardor.

4)The glowing effect produced by using predominantly red or yellow hues.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is mostly description number four. It means that the color such as a red becomes redder, yellow less bright and harsh, and blues a little deeper, and that the cars shine as a whole is more pleasing. For instance, i just did a gold BMW 3-series. After the klasse, the car loked bright gold with a yellow hue. After the Blitz, the car took on a deeper "warmer" tone, less flashy gold and more of a pleasant color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad4rdHay, can you please post some pictures of the before and after Blitz so I can see what you mean?

When people talk about depth are they referring to depth of color or depth of shine? When I refer to depth, I am referring to depth of shine.

[Edited by RIC on 08-16-2001 at 05:31 PM]

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah its depth of shine. Dont wory, warmth is not the biggest thing in the world...trust me, the blitz topper to klasse will make it look better.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse & Zaino are good for making the car shiny. None of these products will protect the paint against rocks or road debris.

As far as looks, I find the Carnauba look to be the best. Zaino nor Klasse by itself can match carnauba`s Wet & Deep Glossy finish.

Using the best of both worlds gives you a Showcar finish that neither product by itself can match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael H -- thanks for the post. I understand that you felt the wax protected the Z. Did you notice any visual differences after applying the wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a good wax, so to the eye this was no noticable reduction in the shine. Looked just as good afterwards.

I agree with the observations of Eurosport, in exeperince the comments are spot on.
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael H -- So, the wax on top of the Z improved the look of the paint, compared to how it looked Zed but without a wax topping? If so, how would you say the wax improved the look?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information