Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dogs are Barking!!

I live in a small neighborhood and the end of a cul-de-sak...The neighbor that mirrors my house has three large dogs that are at-least 100 pounds plus....Not sure of the breed but they are big fluffy long white haired dogs. Kind of looks like a dog that should be pulling a sled in Alaska...anyway...if anyone pulls into the court or there are kids playing outside...or even worse...me WASHING A CAR!! these dogs go nuts....so I called the local animal control over it....my concerns are that they are mean dogs and its about the safety of the kids and others....I also work from the house and can hear them barking a good percentage of the time...The officer said that I have to establish a pattern of them barking over nothing which will be easy to do...I feel bad that I have to do this but its a bit overwhelming to have to listen to them all the time and then worry about my 10 year old in the court playing...Anyone here ever have a similar experience
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Dogs are Barking!!

Akita or Samoyed (sp?).

I would certainly stay in contact with the Animal Control, PD, and ASPCA.

Post Thanks / Like

You could try being their friends by giving them large amounts of chocolate. One way or another, the barking will stop if you keep at it.

just kidding dog lovers!

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

Your moron neighbor should be smart enough to quiet the dogs. I have a similar dog in my neighborhood - Muffin. Muffin barks like he is being killed whenever he sees a non-family human or another dog. The owner drags him back in the house immediately to quiet him. If I had to hear him bark for an extended period of time, I`d have to make an enemy of that neighbor somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

I just feel that if people that want to keep large dogs in a neighborhood need to take responsibility for there animals and the safety of those around them....these dogs belong on a ranch of some sort..acreage is what I`m saying...I`ve talked to the other neighbors about this and EVERYONE is on the same page....My plan is to talk to the owners and give them a fighting chance at solving the problem on their own....bark collars or a day care kennel....if there is no action then I will get the law involved....I won`t stop short of getting it done..trust me!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried talking to them about it, I have a dog that barks constantly, and it weighs like 15 pounds maybe, just a lil thing, It sounds like It could rip your head off, but would just come jump on you and start licking, no matter who it is. We try our best to keep them quiet. If they were barking we would go over right away and quiet them down one way or another. But I guess before calling the police right away or whatever, try to settle it yourself, my guess is that there nice dogs, but just protective of their property like mine are. Remeber that you have to live next to the neighbor most likely for a long time, so its probally bad to make enemys over it, but if it comes to it, you got to do what you got to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two killer maltese. They`re nuts. I take them out in muzzles. Last time they bit someone, they locked their jaw and ripped off skin.

Killer I tell you, killer.

J/k....But in reality, my dogs bark for just about anything. But remember. Most of the time, its all bark and no bite...

Talk to the neighbors first, some people would die if they had something happen to their pets. I would.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrRogue
    Have you tried talking to them about it, I have a dog that barks constantly, and it weighs like 15 pounds maybe, just a lil thing, It sounds like It could rip your head off, but would just come jump on you and start licking, no matter who it is. We try our best to keep them quiet. If they were barking we would go over right away and quiet them down one way or another. But I guess before calling the police right away or whatever, try to settle it yourself, my guess is that there nice dogs, but just protective of their property like mine are. Remeber that you have to live next to the neighbor most likely for a long time, so its probally bad to make enemys over it, but if it comes to it, you got to do what you got to do.
    I have not talked to them personally but the other neighbors have plenty of times and that has not seen favorable results....There are three dogs one is all bark and no bite but the other two are not...one got loose last year and bite one kid on the arm that was riding his bike in the court....I plan on given them the befit of the doubt and talking to them myself and putting a time line on some results...if that`s not achieved then they will know what I plan on doing....I really don`t think this will come as a surprise to them...the only reason I talked to the police this morning was to fully understand my rights and theirs.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely talk to the neighbors and see if they can help you solve their problem. If not a .223 should work very nicely. J/K of course.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

ask them to outfit thier dogs with bark shock collars..when they bark they get shocked...after awhile the dog will associate the bark with the shock and will not bark..hopefuly...they do work...I train with a remote shock collar...it takes a day or 2 and they listen real good after a zap ..will not hurt them..just like a static shock..but enough to get thier attention...and not want more...

Al

p.s. It is not the dogs fault..it is the owners..once the owner lets this happen over time with no correction..the dog takes control and establishes a routine and habit...I would say the dogs are the pack leaders of that family...
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

If not a .223 should work very nicely. J/K of course.

they are large dogs so better use a 12 ga shotgun J/k

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure how you plan on keeping a record of them barking etc, but I would suggest making it very detailed. Write down everything in a little journal or whatever, keeping track of times and what caused their behaviour etc. That way you will have a very detailed account of their behaviour to use if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West6MT
    Im not sure how you plan on keeping a record of them barking etc, but I would suggest making it very detailed. Write down everything in a little journal or whatever, keeping track of times and what caused their behaviour etc. That way you will have a very detailed account of their behaviour to use if needed.
    That`s a good idea but I can tell you just what sets them off...I was just out in the garage doing a S&W on the car door open and the kids (five) where play ball....they (the dogs) where going nuts and this is also when anyone walks by the area of there house....

I hope that you all understand that I have lived here for six years on this block and about one and half years in this house across from the dogs....I have tolerance to a certain point and I have reached it...this is a daily occurrence of which some of the neighbors are with me 100%...so I really mean no ill harm to the dogs or owners....I just want some control over all the barking and I`m not asking that much...trust me on this

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the dogs of my neighbours to the right of my house. As soon as they see anyone (they are out in the backyard) they go absolutely ballistic. I cant go out to my car, garage, backyard, etc, without them going crazy. Thankfully our neighbours will come outside and yell at the dogs to shut up, or bring them inside. They keep them inside at night too, so they dont make noise at night. Thankfully the dogs have never been a problem for anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I own animals, and there are time in my life I just don`t hear my own dog barking.... if there is any advice i can give hear and it has been said before do some thing we are not use to doing any more.....

Talk to Your Neighbor

He just may not think it bothers any one, or his walls are sound proof enough he might not hear what you do. going right to the authorities might cause animosity between both families.... some I`m sure neither want.

This is what a Samoyed looks like.....
    http://images.google.com/images?q=sa...mages&ct=title
    the Male I had was very aggressive and would listen to me and me alone, with a house full of kids i was a nervous wreck. Thankfully he took him self out.

Good luck.
    Beercan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information