Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum
Go Back   Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum > Autopia Car Care Guide To Detailing > Everything Else
Everything Else Want to discuss something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Tools and oddity items? This is the place!

» Car Care Brands
Like Tree5Likes

(#1) Old
Detailers Workshop
The Driver would be a good candidate for mayor of Autopiaforums.com.

X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-20-2013, 07:24 PM

Here's a quick review of the X Hose Pro, it finally came in today and I'm very pleased with it overall. It's 1000x more of a product!

Pros:
Solid feel
Brass connectors
Recoils Fast
Durable fabric
On/off switch

Cons:
Loses pressure after a while due to recoil effect
Long wait period

Neutral:
Price - I think it is worth it
Recoil effect plus? Due to the recoil it actually build more pressure initially and you get an extreme blast of water for a good 5 - 10 seconds. It's also most like forced induction.

Overall: The initial product "X Hose" was a great idea but obvious failed due to poor quality. This is the improved version with a lot if not all the kinks worked out (No pun intended). The weight, durability and length are awesome. The brass connectors make a worlds difference! I just got it so will see how it holds up to my brick driveway.

Just to wrap things up...

Detailers Workshop ~ X Hose Pro - YouTube

(#2) Old
SGM2008 is starting to get a good reputation around here.

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-20-2013, 09:05 PM

How long did you end up waiting between the time you placed the order to the time of delivery?

(#3) Old
Detailers Workshop

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-20-2013, 09:14 PM

It was about 1.5-2 months, still well worth the wait.

(#4) Old
colinpd137 would be a good candidate for mayor of Autopiaforums.com.

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 12:13 AM

I ordered one of these awhile back & still waiting on it to be shipped. Thought about canceling it a couple times and still 50/50 about it.

Order Date: 07/18/13 & its still "In Process"

Great review nonetheless, been waiting to see one on this hose for awhile!

(#5) Old
Ummm.... Ya.....
TroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust Shine

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 08:45 AM

Thank you for this video and review. I think I will pass and stick with my standard hose. since it recoils as you use it.

(#6) Old
dooyaunastan is starting to get a good reputation around here.

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I don't get nearly the same kind of pressure out of this as I do my regular garden hose, and while it doesn't lock up on itself like a standard hose would, after having used regular hoses for all my life it really feels unnatural and funny to maneuver. I'll keep toying around with it but it's more likely to see action on the back deck than in my driveway after my initial impressions with it.

(#7) Old
Wax Waster
Ronkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust Shine

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Thank you for this video and review. I think I will pass and stick with my standard hose. since it recoils as you use it.

Me too. Don't have great pressure here to start with

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It's good to be da King !!!

(#8) Old
DETAILED TODAY?
PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.PA DETAILER is pretty famous around here.

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM

wow....long shipping time! thanks for the review. i stock the origional ones at work some times. they do look cheap. this one looks much better. for now my sears black rubber 50' has been stellar. no issues.

BTW....nice paved brick driveway!

2012 NISSAN XTERRA PRO-4X
PROTECTED AND MAINTAINED WITH THE PRIMA AND DETAILERS PRO LINE.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

(#9) Old
A Miracle Detailing
Merlin is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!Merlin is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM

I ordered a couple of them also. I have not received mine yet. Yes, I'm still waiting...
I did call and spoke to someone yesterday and this is what they said...(not verbatim)

Originally 1,000 were made and then they went on sale. We received orders for over 50,000 of them.
We shipped out the 1,000 we had and made another order. We only received 10,000 and we shipped them all out and we're waiting on more.
We have another large order coming in withing the next two weeks and when they arrive we should be able to fulfill the remaining initial orders.
Folks that have them on order should be receiving them withing 2-3 weeks. Approx. two weeks for us to get them & another week for shipping.
After that he said they should have enough of them in stock so they will be able to ship them out as soon as the customers order is received.

(#10) Old
mnehls86 would be a good candidate for mayor of Autopiaforums.com.

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 11:36 AM

Nice review. Does there seem to be any benefit other than storage over a traditional hose?

P.S. Nice project car. I had to sell my FD when my daughter was born to get my wife an SUV Safety first!

(#11) Old
Wax Waster
Ronkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust ShineRonkh Can Make Rust Shine

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 11:57 AM

If the water was warmer, would it not shrink ?????

(think sienfield)

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It's good to be da King !!!

(#12) Old
Detailers Workshop

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
Nice review. Does there seem to be any benefit other than storage over a traditional hose?

P.S. Nice project car. I had to sell my FD when my daughter was born to get my wife an SUV Safety first!
Thanks!

Overall, I think the pros out weigh the cons on this one. I'm a planner with everything including the buying of a tool for multiple uses. This hose is great if you have a pressure washer and hose. It does not shrink under a pressure washer, which is what I use for long tedious jobs. It's also great for the short jobs because that initial blast of power seems to knock off a alot. If you have the right nozzle back pressure shouldn't be an issue.

Another thing I forgot to mention is it doesn't kink like the previous version. It's almost impossible to get it to kink, unless your intentionally bending it.

(#13) Old
Super Moderator
Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.Pats300zx is pretty famous around here.

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM

Great review and thanks for posting it. I have had my eye on it for a while now. Interesting to see how it holds up.

(#14) Old
A Miracle Detailing
Merlin is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!Merlin is an incredible help to Autopiaforums.com members!

08-22-2013, 08:35 AM

I just got a notice that mine is shipped. I'm looking forward to trying it.

(#15) Old
Ummm.... Ya.....
TroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust ShineTroyScherer Can Make Rust Shine

Re: X Hose Pro ~ Review - 08-22-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkh View Post
if the water was warmer, would it not shrink ?????

(think sienfield)

i was in the water !!!

I was in the water !!!

Ronkh likes this.