Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Whats everyones New Years goals/plans???

So now that the new year is upon us, what is everyones goals???

Business owners- Are you planning to expand or branch out??

Weekend warriors- Are you planning to make the jump to full time detailing?

Let`s hear what everyone has in store. Even if you are not planning anything huge!!!

I will start off. First I know I had mentioned a while ago about the possibility of moving back north and leaving sunny Florida and Autogeek/Autopia behind. After a few setbacks and the holidays slowing things down a bit, it appears that the move will be happening. My wife is just waiting the official contract which will be here next week sometime. As long as numbers are good then off we go.

This will have both negative and positive impact I feel on my detailing. This year I really have stepped up my frequency of work and have really considered going full time. Obviously I have pulled back a bit due to the situation but I feel that it`s still a possibility after the move. One thing for sure is that I have a lot of decision making to do this winter!

I also would really like to personally thank everyone who is part of the PBMG staff. They have been a big part of my success and stepping up my detailing game!

Who knows, Final Inspection may start full steam ahead come spring time!

Happy New Year everyone!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats everyones New Years goals/plans???

My only goal is to finish the new shop/garage so I can start working out of it and look into PPF training.

Post Thanks / Like

Work less and enjoy live more! who am I kidding I am workaholic nothing will change 60 hours a week only Sundays off no holidays and 1 weeks vacation.
    Likes Stokdgs, Paul@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased so many products recently that I need to make some money off of them and grow my business a little bit more.

I`m very thankful for the well paying corporate job I have held for over a year now, but my heart is in detailing and I love working on vehicles.

I also plan to stay active on this forum- contribute to the knowledge base and keep gaining more.

Detailing wise I want to start doing more polishing jobs but I`m just not willing to give that kind of labor intensive work away at a price that I feel is too cheap (which is what everyone wants to pay of course). I`m no pro but I am not just some guy with a DA either- I think I put out pretty decent work.

First thing is my garage though. Its still in progress but I think that will be completed tomorrow.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I always vow not to set new years goals, it makes it easy to fulfill. I believe waiting for a new year to start achieving a new goal is a bit off. To me it`s like saving better life prerogatives for the next year, why not start asap an get a jump! New years resolutions remind me of the dreaded, "i`ll get to it, tomorrow" well tomorrow turns into next week an then next month...

Start asap, life short!

Post Thanks / Like

PIZZA HUT dinner box in. Beers in later.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy retirement. But I still detail as a hobby doing car show cars with my buddies.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Buy absolutely no detailing products - nothing. Only thing I think I will buy is a few gallons of LA Awesome for tires / wheel wells. I want to use up products. Nothing makes me happier than throwing an empty bottle of a detailing product out. It took a lot of buying - but I now know what works. A few products stand out as great - but most work pretty well.

2. Move in to my new house and actually be able to detail in the garage. Can`t tell you how much it sucks trying to detail / polish a car in a single car garage filled with stuff. Hopefully, in new house I will actually be able to wash a car in the garage, since I got a water tap in there and a drain in the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much just make some money
    As I only had 3 paid customers last year that wasn`t family or friends relations
    Perhaps also get back into activly selling Rivstar products at the car shows..if not use remainder supply up via jobs

Post Thanks / Like

Goal #1 is to rehabilitate my back with IDD treatments, dialing back in on nutrition, back exercises and cycling to condition my gluteus and hamstrings. Diagnosed with 2 herniated discs his past spring, one of which is major, plus a grade 1 spondy. Getting my body put back together and being able to live and feel like a 30yr old comes before everything else in life this year.

After that, I hope to complete 10 paid car details this year, already have one lined up for this month- a 20 year old Mercedes s420.

Financially, need to be more responsible and conservative this year and pay down some debt.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m working to grow my business to a point to purchase a van and outfit it with a generator and water tank so I can be 100% mobile and not require customer utilities. Would also like to work my way into the paint correction market but have some things to figure out in terms of a location before I can commit to that.

Biggest goal is to get detailing to a point where I no longer need my full time job and can support my household with the income from my business. I want that freedom!

depending on how things go thru the year, expanding my business may be a possibility, but I have to see how things go and weather or not I really want to venture into more high production work rather than the low volume stuff I try to focus on
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Just going to try to be more efficient and save more money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Goal #1 is to rehabilitate my back with IDD treatments, dialing back in on nutrition, back exercises and cycling to condition my gluteus and hamstrings. Diagnosed with 2 herniated discs his past spring, one of which is major, plus a grade 1 spondy. Getting my body put back together and being able to live and feel like a 30yr old comes before everything else in life this year.

After that, I hope to complete 10 paid car details this year, already have one lined up for this month- a 20 year old Mercedes s420.

Financially, need to be more responsible and conservative this year and pay down some debt.
    How`s your insurance? My understanding is that few companies cover this. I`ve been told it`s about $50-$75/session and maybe 20 sessions that is left for the patient to pick up.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I`m moving at the end of January.
    I`m hoping to have much more time to detail this coming spring.
    No pool and way less yard work should allow me to detail more cars for friends and family.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive just started a new headlight restoration business.

As of 2 days ago I had my first paying customer. Thats pretty much all I can think about right now. I even dream about headlights .My favorite pastime is checking out all the headlights in parking lots and neighborhoods.

My other goals are just to get through each day and try to find some happiness in it and be grateful for all the good in my life. Otherwise life just passes on by!
    Prayer of St.Francis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ni2...endscreen&NR=1
    Likes Stokdgs, GearHead_1 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information