Post Thanks / Like

Black Pearl Tint

Black Pearl Tint
    Earlier this year I did a review of Black Pearl Tire and trim Armour Clear
    http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/44800-black-pearl-trim-tire-amour-review.html
    since then two new products have been released Black Pearl Tint in gloss and matte finish. In my first review I coated solid black tires only. In this review I will be coating vinyl trim and tires with the gloss tint version and raised white letter tires with clear gloss. I expect the outcome to be pretty much the same as the first review which is why I went ahead and put them on my personal vehicles and that was outstanding look and durability. Application for trim is no different from tires; clean surface is key to excellent results.

Product Claims:
    Black Pearl Trim And Tire Armour

The 4 oz. bottle will coat 1 - 2 sets of average-sized car tires (or 1 set of SUV Tires) – two applications.
    Black Pearl tire Shine is a polymer-based `permanent` tire shine composition. It is best applied with a 2-inch high density foam roller. It forms a flexible, durable, dry-film that is not tacky. One or two coats are recommended. Two coats produces a blacker and shinier finish. It can be applied year-round (down to 50 F), and is not affected by rain, snow, road salt, will not evaporate on hot, sunny days, and dust (including brake dust) and particulate (under dry-driving conditions) will not adhere to the surface.

Omni Clean

Omni Clean is the manufacturer supplied cleaner and comes in a 32oz spray bottle; it is a commercial sodium hydroxide/sodium metasilicate-based cleaner/degreaser. Recommended products include: Purple Power, Super Clean, and Westley’s Bleche- Wite.

Details:

Black Pearl Trim And Tire Amour
    1.- Packaging : Plastic 4oz & 16oz bottles, 4oz has flip top cap
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled and included printed instructions
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as popular tire gels
    4.- Color: White, dries clear
    5.- Scent: Almost non existent
    6.- Price at time of review: 24.99 4oz, 74.66 16oz
    7.- Manufacturer: Providential Coatings LLC, Made in the USA
    8.- Roller and tray included

Omni Clean
    1.- Packaging: Plastic bottle with trigger sprayer
    2.-
    Directions: Clearly labeled and included printed instructions
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as water
    4.- Color: Clear
    5.- Scent: Strong chemical APC
    6.- Price at time of review: 32oz = $ 9.99
    7.- Manufacturer:
    : Providential Coatings LLC, Made in the USA

Other Products Used:

Preparation:

· Tire surfaces should be clean, dry, and free of silicone oil (e.g., from other tire shine products, and mold release agents on new tires), road grime, and brake dust before applying this product to ensure proper adhesion and a desirable finish.
    · Clean tires first with OmniClean or a similar commercial sodium hydroxide/sodium metasilicate-based cleaner/degreaser. Recommended products include: Purple Power, Super Clean, and Westley’s Bleche Wite (shown on the second website video).
    · NOTE: Please review the safety precautions on the bottle before using these recommended cleaning products.
    · Spray the cleaner/degreaser on liberally and scrub vigorously with a soft-bristled brush capable of getting in and around the tread line, and all of the raised lettering/numbering, etc.(e.g., a stiff nylon scrub brush – auto parts stores sell brushes designed specifically for scrubbing tires).
    · A dark brown discharge indicates that silicone oil, road grime, and/or brake dust IS present, and must be removed.
    · Allow the cleaning product to sit on the tires for a few minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with water with scrubbing.
    · Note: Be sure to rotate the tires during cleaning to ensure that the entire tire surfaces (i.e., including the portions initially facing the ground) are thoroughly cleaned.
    · Tire surfaces are properly cleaned and ready for application when the ENTIRE tire surfaces wet evenly, and are darker when wet (if in doubt, allow tires to dry, and then re-wet).
    · If the rinse water beads, and the tire surface does not darken when wetted, on any part of the tire surfaces, the cleaning/scrubbing/rinsing process MUST be repeated (See website ‘How To’ videos).
    · Allow tires to dry completely before starting.

· NOTE: Failure to completely remove the oily residue from previous tire shine products, or mold release agents, will prevent Black Pearl Trim and Tire Armour (because it is water-based) from properly adhering to tire surfaces, which will cause the cured films to start flaking off once the vehicle is driven.
    RECOMMENDATION: A very effective way to determine if the tires have been properly cleaned is to prepare a small Black Pearl Trim and Tire Armour test spot on one front tire first (one coat), allow to dry, and then drive the vehicle a few miles. Inspect the test spot. If the film is cracking, flaking, or is totally removed, the tires ARE NOT properly cleaned.

Application: Black Pearl Trim And Tire Armour
    ·Apply with the included high density foam roller.
    ·If what look like small ‘craters’ (referred to as ‘fish eye’) start forming on the film while applying product, there are residual tire shine products, or mold release agents, or surfactants, on the tires, which should be removed. Quickly rinse product off before it starts to dry, and refer to the ‘Tire Surface Preparation’ section.
    ·If a blacker and shinier finish is desired, apply a second coat. Wait for the first coat to dry completely before applying the second coat.
    ·If two coats are to be applied on the same day, for added convenience, the un-washed roller and tray may be stored in the refrigerator between coats for up to approximately two hours.

·If this product gets on the wheel, or the body of the car, quickly wipe off with a damp paper towel, sponge, or cloth. It will not harm these types of surfaces.
    ·Allow coatings to dry completely before using the vehicle. Dry time is approximately 30 minutes depending on temperature and humidity.
    ·Do not expose a fresh coat to rain or sustained wetting, otherwise the film may temporarily revert to the milky appearance.
    ·Driving with fresh coatings under dry conditions and/or exposing them to direct sunlight, after they have completely dried, will accelerate the final cure process.
    ·If the coatings get damaged (e.g. scuffed on a curb), clean the damaged portions with a damp nylon dishwashing scrub pad. Use the abrasive side to remove any loose flakes of coating that are still sticking to the tire surface. Once the surface is clean and dry, apply a fresh coat of product to the damaged portion.
    ·Clean fully cured coatings with OmniClean or a similar cleaner/degreaser, and a sponge or soft cloth, and rinse thoroughly with a pressure washer or garden hose.
    ·A fresh coat may be applied directly over an existing film that is clean and dry. No additional surface preparation is required.

CAUTION

·On warm days, do not apply under direct sunlight. Also, do not apply when tire surfaces are warm. Also, do not apply under breezy/windy conditions. These conditions will accelerate the dry-time, which may result in a more textured final film and/or the formation of white spots (due to incomplete bubble dissipation) on the film. An accelerated dry time may also have an adverse effect on adhesion and longevity.
    ·Applying in an enclosed area, such as a garage, is recommended. For added convenience, consider applying in the early evening and allowing to cure overnight.
    ·Do not apply at temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit or a proper film may not form. If in doubt, prepare a small test spot first, on one tire, to ensure best results.

Black Pearl has also changed their roller head. The original head was rounded on the end and now has been replaced with a squared off end which gives you more control and makes getting into tight areas much easier

Black Pearl Gloss Tint
    Starting off with a thoroughly cleaned tire with Omni Clean.

Two coats on the left side (not totally dry) one coat on the right. As you can see you can alter the gloss with the amount of coats.

Finished with two coats

Now on to trim on my truck. Not that it was that bad but IMO it improved the look of the trim.

Two coats on the right one on the left.

In this picture you can see where I applied the second coat to the left side but the center now only has one.

Passenger side bed rail.

Coated

Not a huge difference but a much cleaner look than the top of the tail gate.

Huge difference.

Coated, now that’s more like it. Best part of it is the coating adds no oily feel or slickness to the running boards. They really don’t feel like there is anything on them.

Overall look with trim coated.

Black Pearl Clear on white lettered tires.

Overall I’m very happy with the look and durability of this product and would recommend it to anyone who wants to save time and money on dressing their trim and tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Pearl Tint

Very nice write up! I have been using this product also and really like it. I haven`t used it on any trim yet however, as I feel it is still cheaper to use DLUX which provides equal results on trim. It looks awesome on tires however.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. This product def caught my eye. Just clarifying the cleaner doesn`t come with the actual coating correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really good. Made a nice difference. Could use that on some stuff. have to get some. Great job.

Post Thanks / Like

What`s the difference in the clear and gloss finish?
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Thanks for the review
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information