Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: CG InnerClean

Chemical Guys InnerClean Interior Detailer

Claims:

Chemical Guys Inner Clean Interior Detailer is truly ‘one of a kind’ when it comes to cleaning and protecting the interior of your vehicle. InnerClean is the only quick detailer for your auto’s interior that revives and protects. Utilizing quick detailer technology, InnerClean has the ability to clean and protect every part of your vehicle’s interior. Sprays on quick, wipes off easy removing dirt and dust while leaving a high quality OEM finish. InnerClean works great on every interior surface from vinyl dashboards, to synthetic leather door panels. InnerClean was engineered from the ground up to leave your vehicle’s interior looking amazing.
    • Natural matte appearance
    • Removes dirt, dust, and body oils
    • Cleans, conditions, and protects your interior
    • OEM factory appearance
    • Advanced UV protection
    • Quick and easy application
    • Unique dust repelling technology
    • Fresh pineapple scent
    Thoughts:
    This is one of my favorite products for touching up the interior of my car, which doesn’t get overly dirty but sees dust and some smudges and shoes scuff now and then. I initially purchased this product due to its “AIO” abilities for my interior. I wanted something quick to touch up, yet clean and protect my interior plastics and vinyl. I can indeed say it meets most of the claims made by CG. (surprising to some I know )

Pros:
    First it does maintain the appearance of your dash, and is indeed “matte” in nature. I am not a glossy interior fellow, this isn’t glossy. Yes there’s some gloss, which I will assume is due to the protection it offers, however it’s not crazy at all, it’s slight.

It is good for LIGHT cleaning. No heavy soiling and not for fabric/carpets. By light cleaning they mean dust, finger smudges, animal paw prints. I have a dog and it`s good at removing his smudges after exciting rides in the car!

It does help repel dust, but it’s not 100%. If you apply, spread, then buff with another towel, I noticed it does help dust attraction and it does minimize it.

Cons:

Smell is bearable, not the best and certainly not “fresh”. It does go away quite fast, which is nice since to me it is decent smelling. I prefer to keep my interior fresh with Stripper Scent 24/7.

You can over apply, if you use too much you see a little streaking.

This isn’t safe for carpets, and not for REAL LEATHER. I don’t know why, but it’s a no-no on those surfaces.

Since it does having cleaning power, it does remove some previous dressing you may have applied. I had UIGP down, it didn’t hinder that, but a previous time I had Megs Interior Protectant on and CG InnerClean cleaned it off, so YMMV with your dressings.

Overall, good buy. I’m eager to try some other interior detailers that have the same abilities, but compared to Megs Interior Detailer, I’d take Inner Clean. The price for 16oz is I believe 11.99, so it’s pricey compared to offerings like Meguiars Interior Detailer for example where it can be found for as low as 4.99 in some places.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree the scent isn`t really fresh like they claim. Smells more like spoiled pineapple to me. Wife didn`t like it at all.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CG InnerClean

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Agree the scent isn`t really fresh like they claim. Smells more like spoiled pineapple to me. Wife didn`t like it at all.
    It`s never good if the wife doesn`t like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good review. I love Blackfire Interior Cleaner so much though it will be hard to ever pull the trigger on something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Very good review. I love Blackfire Interior Cleaner so much though it will be hard to ever pull the trigger on something else.
    Thanks!

I enjoy BF too, however I just have the cleaner now(used up the protectant)and that leaves no protection, this does. So it`s a nice all around product. But a one two punch of BF Interior cleaner then BF protectant is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review. Is this stuff and BF Interior Cleaner safe on nav screens and gauges?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Thanks!

I enjoy BF too, however I just have the cleaner now(used up the protectant)and that leaves no protection, this does. So it`s a nice all around product. But a one two punch of BF Interior cleaner then BF protectant is great.
    Yeah that was my bad. I read it and saw that it left protection then immediately forgot and thought it was just a cleaner lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    Awesome review. Is this stuff and BF Interior Cleaner safe on nav screens and gauges?
    I`ll let others comment on that. I have always been paranoid with chemicals on those surfaces so just use a slightly damp MF and buff with a dry MF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    Thanks!

I have used this on gauges, and my radio touch screen, and I had no issues. It leaves some protection behind, it helps reduce future fingerprinting issues in those areas. However, and obviously, apply little to electronics!

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Yeah that was my bad. I read it and saw that it left protection then immediately forgot and thought it was just a cleaner lol.

I`ll let others comment on that. I have always been paranoid with chemicals on those surfaces so just use a slightly damp MF and buff with a dry MF
    No worries. A damp MF towel is perfect for those areas if you`re not into using cleaners on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. It does have an interesting scent (nothing fruity, etc) for a CG product.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I to am a fan of innerclean. It`s quick, easy, and gives a nice finish. I have found it to be very nice to use on touch screens, and gauges without streaking, or leaving a "glare" like some other products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klock View Post
    Great review! I to am a fan of innerclean. It`s quick, easy, and gives a nice finish. I have found it to be very nice to use on touch screens, and gauges without streaking, or leaving a "glare" like some other products.
    Thanks! And totally agree.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used some Inner Clean this weekend. It`s pretty decent interior cleaner. However, I don`t think I will be repurchasing it. I find that I like the scent and cleaning power of Megs QID and 1Z Cockpit Premium much better.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using SFG Dash Away for the longest until I started using InnerClean. Just love that like new non oily finish it gives me.

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff works somewhat, but I don`t think I`ll buy it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Give Autofinesse Spritz a try. It also cleans and protects and smells like vanilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information