Post Thanks / Like

Why Pinnacle and Wolfgang and Blackfire and Detailer`s Pro?

Can someone explain the key differences in these brands? What behooves PBMG to have this much branding?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Pinnacle and Wolfgang and Blackfire and Detailer`s Pro?

Something for everyone`s taste. Since products are so subjective, each and everyone can be the best or best value. You can`t sell what you don`t have, in the end it all comes down to dollars and "sense".
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I`d say the difference in the lines are distinct.

When I think of Blackfire, to me it is centered around the look that the lsp`s provide. It is truly unique, and really is noticeable from other LSP`s. It is a really amazing shimmer. Plus they`re very easy to use, and the Blackfire label has a product for every part of the car. But it`s the look of Blackfire that is unique. Plus I think many, like myself, are huge fans and want to support Todd. He`s a good guy, and it makes buying into the Blackfire line much more of an experience.

DP is more for a pro I`d assume. Low cost, high quantity products. However, they have great waxes and sealants, and the coatings are nice too. Its a budget friendly line, 32oz sized products for a good price.

Pinnacle and Wolfgang IMO are your boutique line products, focused on ease of use, looks, and the feeling of being "in a club" using waxes like souveran and fuzion.

Most of all, PBMG is a business, and having multiple brands and more than a few products to offer really is beneficial to them, and to really any business. Why does apple make 3 different iPads? Why does samsung need 5 different galaxy phones? It`s about making money!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Most of all, PBMG is a business, and having multiple brands and more than a few products to offer really is beneficial to them, and to really any business. Why does apple make 3 different iPads? Why does samsung need 5 different galaxy phones? It`s about making money!
    Yup. Think about it in vehicle manufacturer terms.

Why does Nissan have Infiniti? Not many people will spend $70,000 on a Nissan. Same with Toyota\Lexus and Honda\Acura.

Look at vehicles that were excellent - even for their price point - but priced way beyond what people expected from that manufacturer. For example, the Volkswagon Phaeton. Someone that`s looking to spend $100,000 on a vehicle doesn`t want one with a VW logo on it...

So, if you want to offer a premium product but your brand is based on loyalty to a mid-grade product, you have to seriously consider if you want to do it under the same brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post

Why does apple make 3 different iPads? Why does samsung need 5 different galaxy phones? It`s about making money!
    Meh. Not the same thing. 3 different iPads is analagous to 3 different LSP`s, not 3 different separate company names!

More like GM and Oldmobile, Pontiac, Buick...um, wait.

If the brands were more lined up with Joe Six-Pack, Pro, Boutique, then I`d be on board. IMO, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and Blackfire are all boutique products.

Were any of these brands around before PBMG? It makes sense to offer them to the fans and not change the name if that`s the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Meh. Not the same thing. 3 different iPads is analagous to 3 different LSP`s, not 3 different separate company names!

More like GM and Oldmobile, Pontiac, Buick...um, wait.

If the brands were more lined up with Joe Six-Pack, Pro, Boutique, then I`d be on board. IMO, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and Blackfire are all boutique products.

Were any of these brands around before PBMG? It makes sense to offer them to the fans and not change the name if that`s the case.
    Well, Blackfire was bought from a different company and continues to add new products.

You forgot DP as well. But in my opinion, each of the lines fits a different end user, something along the lines as you described above.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Why Pinnacle and Wolfgang and Blackfire and Detailer`s Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Well, Blackfire was bought from a different company and continues to add new products.

You forgot DP as well. But in my opinion, each of the lines fits a different end user, something along the lines as you described above.
    DP is in my OP title.
    –--------

Don`t get me wrong, they are all wonderful products and highly acclaimed. I`m sure PBMG is proud and they should be.

--------

On a related note, PBMG brought Autopia back from the dead, right?

Thread Information