Post Thanks / Like

PBL Shampoo and Poorboy`s

Washed the car today with some Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo. I have used this shampoo wash a few times and thought today would be a great day to get a before and after comparison shot of the water beading characteristics once the shampoo has been used.

My car does not wear a coating and it has been some time since it last covered up a little in a wax, so my paint is essentially naked.

Here is the before showing the lack of beading from naked paint.

Rear deck lid first and then the hood

Once washed here area the same two areas after they were hosed off before they were dried, rear deck lid then hood.

While there is not a significant difference in beading there is an abundance of much smaller almost beads instead of larger puddles all over the place.

While washing the car I took a look up the see how the RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Protectant was holding up since it was applied in October 2013.

Here are some good looking proper beads from great fabric top protection still holding strong 6 months later

Next up was a layer of Poorboy’s World Black Hole Show Glaze because I have not corrected my full car yet so half of it still looks horrible everyday from the swirls that love to glisten and smile at me in the sun.

Here is a picture of what I could capture of the swirls, I am using my phone for all my photos today.

First picture is the before and second the after.

While the Black Hole Glaze did a great job of hiding the swirls it did not completely hide them all. It did however greatly minimize the appearance of the swirls in the paint, which is what I was hoping to achieve today.

Knowing that this glaze will need to be topped with a wax I pulled out some Poorboy’s World Natty’s Paste Wax – Blue. I love the bubblegum smell of this wax, reminds me of the little hard pieces of gum that always came with a comic strip.

Overall its a nice, quick, and easy everyday wax that looks good, reflects well, and gives that nice wet just waxed look.

And for the last picture of this post -

A nice little reflection shot where you can see my wife`s car with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating showing off it`s awesome reflections on the Coated Camry.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBL Shampoo and Poorboy`s

Wow that looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. That blue is really a nice color.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin GOOD !
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the picture of the hood makes me realize how bad of condition my black trim pieces are in! I completely forget about that when cleaning the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my luck, California is supposed to be in a drought so I figure I should be completely safe to wax the car and not have to worry about anything but dust and pollen. Wrong!

Today is the third time it has rained this week and its been none stop all day so far but on a positive note the wax is still beading up and protecting the car nicely! Its just a bit dirty now.

Thread Information