Post Thanks / Like

Review: 1Z Esclusiv Gloss & Microfiber Madness Incredimitt

I have never use a gloss-enhancing shampoo, so I was excited to see why so many people swear by them. Enter my review for 1Z Esclusiv Gloss Shampoo. I also wanted to try out a new wash mitt that I haven’t used, so I decided that I would try to incorporate it into a sort of two part review: one part 1Z Gloss, one part Microfiber Madness Incredimitt.

First, let’s talk about 1Z Gloss.

The first thing I noticed is that 1Z Gloss is very concentrated, only needing one to two capfuls per two gallons. That means a full bucket only needs up to four capfuls, and as little as two! The next thing that I liked was it is environmentally safe, and acid, lye and hydrocarbon free. I’ll let you read the rest, and here’s the back label to do so.

Next, let’s talk about the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt. Now, I have heard rumblings about this across the forums for many, many months, and decided that I need to try it out for myself. I have always used wool wash mitts, with my current one being CarPro Wool Wash Mitt. If you look at the microfiber wash mitts of 5 years ago, they are nothing like the ones of today, especially the Incredimitt.

What drew me back to microfiber was the ease of use. If you have ever used an expensive wool wash mitt, you know that the upkeep can take just as long as the detailing! Not only do you need to wash it by hand or on a delicate cycle, but you need to comb it like you would a cat or dog! It’s more an animal than detailing accessory. Still, I didn’t feel safe using microfiber on my paint, after just a year and a half ago using a brand new microfiber wash mitt on my Dad’s car, and having it scratch the side. Luckily, I noticed what was happening after just one panel, and was able to get the light defects out, but still, that kind of thing stays with you!

The first thing you notice is the plushness and length of the microfiber strands of the mitt.

That, coupled with the outstanding reviews (quite literally, no bad reviews that I have heard of), I knew I was ready to try this out. I knew I could kill two birds and use a soap that I had never used before, too. That’s where 1Z Gloss came in. You guys get two reviews in one wash session

Time to wash:

Now that it is time, let’s dive right into it. Here I am adding four capfuls into the bucket.

After adding water, this is what you end up with.

There were lush bubbles, but not as many as other, non-enhancing shampoos. I knew that it wouldn’t matter, though, because the staying power of the suds, along with the lubricity, dictates how effective a soap really is.

Now, this is where the Incredimitt really shines (no pun intended, since we’re talking about gloss enhancing shampoos). When I dunked the mitt into the bucket, it held a ton of solution, while retaining some of the bubbles and suds that would encapsulate the dust, dirt, and debris on the paint. Check it out:

It’s incredible, isn’t it! Hey, maybe that’s where they got the name… :laughing:

Now, I moved on to doing what the job of the shampoo and mitt is – washing the paint. Now, keep in mind I have never used a gloss enhancing shampoo before, so my experience may be an outlier, but coming from the “regular” shampoos, the lubricity of the gloss enhancing ones are quite a bit less. The suds also don’t lather and stay on the paint, but they just kind of sit there.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, the paint is coated with multiple coats of GTechniq EXO and EXOv2, but I had still never had shampoo react quite like this one before.

And now the full hood:

After finishing the hood, I moved to the right fender, and washed it thoroughly. Within seconds, this is how it looked.

To give you an idea on how the paint reacted when rinsing, here is the back on the car after the panel was rinsed with a stream of water from the hose.

By this time, the bucket’s suds had gone completely flat, about 50 – 65% done with the car wash. The lack of lubricity and now lack of suds was disappointing. The MM Incredimitt, though, was a definite bright spot at this point of the wash. Here is the mitt and dead suds bucket, so you can see how it looks wet about half way through a maintenance wash.

The mitt is holding up strong, but I had to shoot a strong stream of water back into the bucket to revive the suds. It worked somewhat, but the process had to be repeated multiple times, pretty much after every panel.

Obviously, the best part of the wash came when I blew the water off. When it was dry, here were the results that the 1Z Gloss left:

Final Thoughts:

1Z Gloss

If you want your gloss to be enhanced, I think 1Z Gloss may be a great choice for you. Needless to say, the car looked fantastic after the wash. That being said, you need to understand the limitations of the shampoo and not present a situation that would be too much for the soap to handle.

Pros:
    The look
    High dilution ratio
    Good value (500mL for about $10)

Cons:

Low lubricity
    Short lasting suds
    Low cleaning ability

All in all, if you know the limitations of this gloss enhancing shampoo, then it would be a good choice. Going in, I didn’t know what the cleaning ability would be, so the car only had light dust, basically a waterless wash would have been safe. That being said, the after shots have made me keep a spot for this shampoo on the shelf.

Microfiber Madness Incredimitt

This has ended up being the star of the review! If you like microfiber mitts, then look no further. While there is nothing like the feel of a high lubricity shampoo and wool mitt gliding across perfectly polished black paint, if you like ease of use then this is the mitt for you. The long fibers keep dirt away from the paint when picked up, but it is loose enough to release all the dirt when rinsed with water, either from the hose or in a bucket.

Pros:

Ease of use – throw it in the washing machine with other microfibers
    Long strands – trap dirt and keep it away from paint, but release dirt easily when needed
    Price – it is less expensive than comparable wool mitts

Cons:

Price – it is more expensive than other microfiber mitts
    Availability – it is hard to find and currently only available at one online store

Conclusion

All in all, I think that if you want a gloss enhancing shampoo, something to wash the car with before a show or when you just want that little bit of pop, and don’t need a bunch of dirt washed off the surface, than 1Z Gloss is the perfect shampoo for you. And if you’re needing a new mitt and don’t want to spring for a wool wash mitt, or want the ease of use that microfiber has over wool, then get the Incredimitt. You won’t be sorry if you do.

I hope you enjoyed the review! I look forward to any questions or comments you may have. And, as always, happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 1Z Esclusiv Gloss & Microfiber Madness Incredimitt

Thanks for the review. I have only seen a few reviews of 1z. I had tried 1z Perls.

The mitt looks like a cross between the Meg`s type mitt but with different kind of strands similar to a wool mitt.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Incredimitt! Mine is better than new after 8 months! I am impressed with the build quality. The cuff is still very elastic, nothing unraveling and I haven`t lost any fiber that I can tell.

Thanks for the write up!

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review! What are your top non gloss shampoos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! This is the one 1z product that I don`t have, now I`m definitely going to pick up a bottle after my cg gloss works runs out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Thanks for the review. I have only seen a few reviews of 1z. I had tried 1z Perls.

The mitt looks like a cross between the Meg`s type mitt but with different kind of strands similar to a wool mitt.
    I know what you mean about not seeing a lot of 1Z reviews. That`s what kind of drove me to get the product and actually do a review on it. They make such fantastic products, I think that maybe it was a bit of user error on my part with not getting the lubricity to last. With the mitt, if you`re in the market for a new one, I highly recommend it. I don`t think you would be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    I love the Incredimitt! Mine is better than new after 8 months! I am impressed with the build quality. The cuff is still very elastic, nothing unraveling and I haven`t lost any fiber that I can tell.

Thanks for the write up!
    Thank you very much! Glad you`re still enjoying the mitt, because I know I sure am!

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    Nice review! What are your top non gloss shampoos?
    Thank you very much! I`ve been trying out a lot of different shampoos, and right now in my cabinet I have Optimum Car Wash, Ultima Paint Guard Wash, Duragloss 901, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash, Citrus Wash & Gloss, Mr. Pink, Honeydew Snow Foam, SONAX Car Wash, the 1Z Gloss that I reviewed and probably a few more that are hiding.

Right now I think I would have to say Optimum and Ultima are at the top. I don`t like the cherry cough syrup scent of the Duragloss, plus the dilution ratio of 1oz to 1 gallon isn`t the best. Still have yet to try most of the Chemical Guys ones, but I have used Honeydew Snow Foam in my foam gun and it`s my go-to for that purpose.

Any others I should try? I always like trying new shampoos. Thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Great review! This is the one 1z product that I don`t have, now I`m definitely going to pick up a bottle after my cg gloss works runs out.
    Thank you! I love 1Z products also, so I think I`ll have to pick up their other shampoo next. Let me know what you think of this one when you end up getting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review. Give 1Z Perls a shot... Strong cleaning (though low on suds) and water beading/gloss for weeks (seriously). I love me some Perls

Post Thanks / Like

Great review....

Since it`s really bad pollen season, how do you think it would handle it? (since it`s low lubricity)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

A very nice review. I have and like 1Z Esclusiv Gloss as well as Perls. 1Z is very under rated IMO.

I like my Microfiber Madness Incredimitt as well but honestly thin it is a little large and heavy. I now have the Microfiber Madness Incredisponge as well and like it. It is very similar to the MF Bone but using the Microfiber Madness material. I am really looking forward to the new to Microfiber Madness Incredipad that is going to be a wash pad version of the Incredimitt. And it is hard to beat Corey for service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Very nice review. Give 1Z Perls a shot... Strong cleaning (though low on suds) and water beading/gloss for weeks (seriously). I love me some Perls
    Thanks Todd! 1Z Perls will be on the next order. I look forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Great review....

Since it`s really bad pollen season, how do you think it would handle it? (since it`s low lubricity)
    Thanks Ron! You know, others have commented that they did not experience the low lubricity or dying suds that I did, so I may give this one another shot and I`ll report back - specifically how I think it would do battling the spring pollen.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

A very nice review. I have and like 1Z Esclusiv Gloss as well as Perls. 1Z is very under rated IMO.

I like my Microfiber Madness Incredimitt as well but honestly thin it is a little large and heavy. I now have the Microfiber Madness Incredisponge as well and like it. It is very similar to the MF Bone but using the Microfiber Madness material. I am really looking forward to the new to Microfiber Madness Incredipad that is going to be a wash pad version of the Incredimitt. And it is hard to beat Corey for service.

I agree, I love 1Z a lot. I think it`s a great brand. I know what you mean about the Incrdimitt... I wish I would have realized it and put it into the review. I don`t have the sponge or the bone, but I usually prefer mitts to sponges - just personal preference. I will really like the Incredipad, too, since it will be more like the CarPro Wool Mitt (one sided), my current go-to mitt, and it should cut down on the weight since it is going to have less foam material. And yeah, Corey is the man.

Thanks for the comments!

Post Thanks / Like

The Mitt looks very appealing....I can definitely relate about high quality wool mitts....I have the wookie fist.....love it...but does require routine maintenance, combing and etc.....gots to get me that mitt....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    The Mitt looks very appealing....I can definitely relate about high quality wool mitts....I have the wookie fist.....love it...but does require routine maintenance, combing and etc.....gots to get me that mitt....lol
    Thanks for your comments. While wool mitts are a pain, I still think they are still probably the best mitts for dealing with soft paints. I`ve always wanted to try the Wookie Fist, but it always seems to be sold out and I am perfectly content with my CarPro wool mitt.

If you have any questions regarding the Incredimitt, ask Corey@CarPro-US. He would be a great resource for you for any Microfiber Madness products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radarryan View Post
    Thanks for your comments. While wool mitts are a pain, I still think they are still probably the best mitts for dealing with soft paints. I`ve always wanted to try the Wookie Fist, but it always seems to be sold out and I am perfectly content with my CarPro wool mitt.

If you have any questions regarding the Incredimitt, ask Corey@CarPro-US. He would be a great resource for you for any Microfiber Madness products.
    I know Corey

Thread Information