Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer

Straight from Car Wash, Wax, Polishes, Microfiber Towels and Best Auto Detail Supplies - Chemical Guys Professional Car Care Products - Wholesale and Retail website.

Claims
    Extreme Slick Synthetic Detailer was designed to deliver a deep, wet shine that truly lasts. The slick wet look comes from a unique polymer-resin based formula combined with acrylic wetting agents to truly enhance any color finish. The anti-static technology will reduce the static charge that attracts dust while also removing any unsightly fingerprints and smudges. Extreme Slick Synthetic Detailer takes any wax, sealant or protective coating to the next level by adding a super slick gloss that really makes the finish feel smooth as glass. Zero streaks with no film or wax, just pure, simple, synthetic perfection. The unique 100% synthetic quick detailer formula is perfect for any finish while offering a slick, dust-free surface upon application. Our unique fully synthetic formula allows the acrylic-based lubricating agents to reduce static-causing surface friction by up to 75%. Reducing static caused by surface friction like drying, quick detailing, wax removal and application allows for perfect results on any paintwork. Extreme Slick Synthetic Detailer greatly reduces static charge left on the surface, limiting airborne dust deposits by over 50% and greatly reducing the risk of scratching delicate painted surfaces. Extreme Slick Synthetic is designed to perform even in hot, humid climates without streaking, cloudiness or hazy patches to reveal pure perfection to your painted surface. Extreme Slick Synthetic Detailer gives a bright finish that is excellent on black and red cars which are most likely to develop streaks and smudges. The highly-reflective synthetic shining agents form an ultra-thin protective coat that bonds to waxes and synthetic sealants leaving the surface slick, silky and shining.

How To Use:

As a Quick Detail or Maintenance Spray:

When using in very hot direct sunlight always mist on towel not surface, this will eliminate a hot surface from drying the product before you have an opportunity to even touch it with a towel.
    Simply mist on towel or surface.
    For the best results, use a microfiber towels to attract dust and minimize the risk of scratching.
    Do not use the same towel on your paint and glass that you have used on your wheels, wipe off with clean towel or microfiber towel.
    Mist after washing, while drying or anytime to for a fast dry with a superior shine.
    Excellent when sprayed on towel and used to remove creme or paste waxes that have hardened.
    Superior surface shine when used as a final cleaner to remove smudges or smears left behind from waxing or sealing.

As a Clay Bar Lubricant:

Wash surface well with Premium Car wash Shampoo or Wash-N-Wax shampoo prior to claying a surface.
    Shake well.
    Work in areas about the size of a car door or half the hood.
    Generously spray a light mist over clean surface.
    The objective is to keep the paint surface and clay well lubricated with the liquid detailer so the bar picks up the embedded debris in your paint but yet can still glide smoothly across the surface without the risk of scratching the surface.
    Continue lightly rubbing the clay over the surface until it moves freely.
    Occasionally wipe off any residue with a towel and proceed to the next areas.
    If clay is hard to move or appears to resist easy wipe off, re-mist the cleaned area, then spray lubricant liberally over surface.
    For deeper cleaning when clay barring, only use Clay lube and never shampoo and water. This will extend the life of your clay bar as well as offer superior surface lubricity providing a nice slick surface for the clay to slide across.

My take:

I can`t really comment on the exact price because I did purchase in a bundle package. However the going price on a gallon of this stuff is $38.99 but there (Hurry Order Now!) everyday price is $28.99.

The scent of the spray is pretty good. I can`t really pin point an exact smell but if you have ever been through a drive through car wash then it is similar to there fluorescent soap from what I remember (it`s been a long time). Not really fruity but not really chemically either but pleasant.

Now for comparing their claims to my experience:
    CG states: Zero streaks with no film or wax, just pure, simple, synthetic perfection. Extreme Slick Synthetic is designed to perform even in hot, humid climates without streaking, cloudiness or hazy patches to reveal pure perfection to your painted surface. Extreme Slick Synthetic Detailer gives a bright finish that is excellent on black and red cars which are most likely to develop streaks and smudges

Me: As a quick detail spray
    I disagree with every statement made above. I have experienced lots of streaking with this spray in all conditions ESPECIALLY out in the sun, on dark vehicles and I can`t even imagine if it were hot outside. However these streaks do wipe away afterwards with a bit of elbow grease and if not buffed out enough then it does look cloudy in that specific spot. The spray is also very filmy and you can feel it on your hands after using it until you give your hands a good scrub.

As a clay lube: this spray works both great and not so great. It is very slick if you stick to a small area but does seem to dry fairly fast if you try to work a bigger area and of course that fast drying leads to re-spraying and lots of streaks needing to be cleaned up. With the filminess (is that a word) of the spray I would never go straight to an lsp. Either polish, re-wash or a good IPA wipe down.

I am going to try to dilute the spray and see if I like it any better but I wanted the review to be straight from the bottle. Overall if diluting doesn`t help with some of these issues then I don`t see myself ever buying this stuff again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer

I`ve noticed the same thing with the streaking. Needs a little buffing to get rid of. I was hoping for a spray that was wipe on, wipe off, but this wasn`t it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I have never seen any real credible review of this product.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Have you tried CG Speed Wipe? I have been using it for years. It `s a great another great QD from Chemical Guys and I have never had any streaking issues.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, thanks. I have been using the CG p40 QD. Been happy with it, haven`t noticed any streaking... smells nice too

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review. Have you tried CG Speed Wipe? I have been using it for years. It `s a great another great QD from Chemical Guys and I have never had any streaking issues.
    I have not tried it yet but I will definitely give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerScott View Post
    Nice review, thanks. I have been using the CG p40 QD. Been happy with it, haven`t noticed any streaking... smells nice too
    I use P40 as well for a quick detailer and like it much better. I still haven`t tried it as a waterless wash but will get around to that one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review, thank you for your honest opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.......

Another product I don`t need or want to try then
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I do wonder how it compares to CG Speed Wipe since I have that.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I do wonder how it compares to CG Speed Wipe since I have that.
    Well maybe in a couple weeks I will pick some Speed Wipe up and compare the CG Synthetic Detailer, P40 and Speed Wipe or let me know if you want to compare the two yourself and I will send you over a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Yep. It`s good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Thanks for the review.......

Another product I don`t need or want to try then
    +1.... Thanks for an honest review. I like the idea of anti-static, but a QD that streaks is something I don`t want. This is one I`ll be passing on.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    +1.... Thanks for an honest review. I like the idea of anti-static, but a QD that streaks is something I don`t want. This is one I`ll be passing on.
    You should check out Speed Wipe. It don`t think you could make that stuff streak if you tried. It`s very good, slick, and cheap.

Thread Information