Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country 5.50" Thin Foamed Wool Pad Review

Review Item: Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pad
    Size: 5-1/2"
    Price: 2 for $17 through ACC
    Lake Country 5 1/2 Inch Thin Foamed Wool Pad (2-Pack)

New Pad:

Used Pad (4 times):

There isn`t too much to say about this pad other than its cutting ability is amazing. Even with a finishing polish it is capable of leaving a very nice finish. I will say though I have only finished with it on a white and silver car so if it did leave any tiny marring then it was too tough to see even in full sun and maybe the finish could have been better following up with a different pad but the quick turn around on both vehicles not needing to be perfect looked much better than they did before.

I have also been using this pad for about a month and a half on headlights. I do still wet sand mainly because the lights I have done are terrible so I can`t comment on its ability without wet sanding but this pad really makes for shorter work time while polishing and takes the sanded light from cloudy to clear usually in just one pass. I still do come through with a less aggressive and the finishing polish after to make them a little clearer.

Only problem I have had so far with these pads is the one I use for headlights, the used one shown in the picture above, is that the adhesive completely separated from the black backing on my last pad wash. I usually pre-soak the pads in pad cleaner and then knead them under warm water using dish soap. I haven`t had a problem with any of the foam pads adhesives so I`m not really sure why the separation.

I will continue to use the other pads I have to see if I have any better luck with the backing but if the others all separate too then I might have to give another brand a shot. If they do not separate then I will be ordering much more of these in the future.

Thanks for looking!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country 5.50" Thin Foamed Wool Pad Review

Mnehls86 -

Great review - great work on the headlights and vehicles !!!
    Thanks for the super job !
    Dan F

Dave@Lake Country Mfg. David Patterson@LakeCountry's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Review Item: Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool

Only problem I have had so far with these pads is the one I use for headlights, the used one shown in the picture above, is that the adhesive completely separated from the black backing on my last pad wash. I usually pre-soak the pads in pad cleaner and then knead them under warm water using dish soap. I haven`t had a problem with any of the foam pads adhesives so I`m not really sure why the separation.

I will continue to use the other pads I have to see if I have any better luck with the backing but if the others all separate too then I might have to give another brand a shot. If they do not separate then I will be ordering much more of these in the future.

Thanks for looking!
    Please shoot me an email with a picture and I will take care of it david.patterson@lakecountrymfg.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Theperfectshine View Post
    Please shoot me an email with a picture and I will take care of it david.patterson@lakecountrymfg.com
    Awesome, thanks. Really appreciate it. I will shoot you an email tonight after work.

Post Thanks / Like

Cutting ability better than a Meguiars MF cutting pad? If so, i`m interested in trying these. I can can fine 3.5" and 6.5" but i can`t seem to find 5.5"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWTIMESHOES View Post
    Cutting ability better than a Meguiars MF cutting pad? If so, i`m interested in trying these. I can can fine 3.5" and 6.5" but i can`t seem to find 5.5"
    I haven`t tried any MF pads yet but intend to soon. So far just foam pads and wool pads. Here are the 5.5" LC Pads
    Lake Country 5 1/2 Inch Thin Foamed Wool Pad (2-Pack)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWTIMESHOES View Post
    They have a great cutting ability!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review. I have been very impressed with the LC`s cutting power, this thing RIPS on DA polishers.

Post Thanks / Like

Time for an update. So as you can see David @ LC reached out to me on here and said he would take care of the issue and that he did. They ended up revising the adhesive on the pads and put them through a lot of testing to ensure this wouldn`t be a problem any longer. Throughout that time of them testing David made sure to reach out to me a couple times just to let me know I hadn`t been forgotten. In fact he even sent me a couple of the Ultra Fiber pads to test out while waiting. When LC finished with the revisions David emailed me again letting me know he was going to send a couple over and a couple days later they were on my doorstep when I got home. I have used them and some of the older ones I had a few times since then and all the older ones have now delaminated but the new ones are holding strong with no signs of failure. I am really impressed with the level of customer service I received and I am still very impressed with the performance of these particular pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Time for an update. So as you can see David @ LC reached out to me on here and said he would take care of the issue and that he did. They ended up revising the adhesive on the pads and put them through a lot of testing to ensure this wouldn`t be a problem any longer. Throughout that time of them testing David made sure to reach out to me a couple times just to let me know I hadn`t been forgotten. In fact he even sent me a couple of the Ultra Fiber pads to test out while waiting. When LC finished with the revisions David emailed me again letting me know he was going to send a couple over and a couple days later they were on my doorstep when I got home. I have used them and some of the older ones I had a few times since then and all the older ones have now delaminated but the new ones are holding strong with no signs of failure. I am really impressed with the level of customer service I received and I am still very impressed with the performance of these particular pads.
    We`re glad that you are satisfied, and also happy to have you as a customer as well. If you ever have an issue with one of our products, please reach out to us and see if we are able to help!

-Dave
    LakeCountryMfg.com
    Email - David.Patterson@LakeCountryMfg.com

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how the wool pad compares to the new CarPro flash pads?

Post Thanks / Like

All that`s left is for ACC to actually get them in stock... been out for weeks and I ended up buying the megs MF cutting discs instead.

Still want to try the 5.5" ones because I really like the 3" foam wool pads I have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    I wonder how the wool pad compares to the new CarPro flash pads?
    I still need to try out the flash pads but am REALLY looking forward to picking some up and will do a comparison if no one does before then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    All that`s left is for ACC to actually get them in stock... been out for weeks and I ended up buying the megs MF cutting discs instead.

Still want to try the 5.5" ones because I really like the 3" foam wool pads I have
    I would think they would get some of the revised pads in soon. Kind of surprised they don`t have them yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think they would get some of the revised pads in soon. Kind of surprised they don`t have them yet.
    Do you know how these pads compare to the old LC Purple foam wool pads?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information